Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Jesus Soon To Rapture The Church?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Or some select segment of Believers?

In addition to the standard model of Christ rapturing His Church Bride, various predictions of a phased or multiple catching away of God's People are offered through detailed inspection and exegesis of prophetic Scripture. This can be accomplished by the text of Scripture being now available for digital search for selected end of times phrases, such as given by John the Revelator, as they amazingly are spoken throughout the OT Prophets.

For instance, The Sixth Seal of Rev. ch. 6 is clearly given by Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Micah, and elsewhere. This means more details of the event and of it's timing relationship to other prophesied events can be put together. A larger picture emerges.

At the other end of the eschatological doctrine spectrum is the camp which either analogizes or ignores the literal details of end times prophecy. These are the Reformists, Calvinists, and proponents of Covenant Theology, even as they are dedicated to worshipping the very text of Scripture within their exegetic workings.

As those redeemed in Christ, how significant are our gut feelings upon the Rapture? After all, "Belief" always comes down to a subjective decision. Will a personal belief in Rapture Doctrine, and confession of it, be required for attaining it?

Thank goodness we don’t have to go by feelings about the rapture since it is plainly stated in scripture that the rapture occurs after the resurrection at His coming.

Every single solitary born again Christian should know and agree on this, because it is so plainly stated.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-15

• this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

The resurrection and rapture take place at His coming.

If anyone wants to know when His coming takes place then there are plenty of passages that talk about the signs that we are instructed to look for that lead to His coming.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:4

JLB

Few accept the Bible saying the DEAD are DEAD, and that the few gaining life in heaven do so without the PHYSICAL bodies.

At the harvest of the earth both weeds and wheat are dealt with. Starting with the weeds. A rapture at the 2nd coming is the only truth that is cohesive with this parable.

Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Thanks ,Randy- you've confirmed that there are no immortals souls, that the dead are dead, and that there hasn't been any "Hellfire" for people who have died....

1619884791818.png

1 Thessalonians 4:15 &
1 Thessalonians 4:16 &
1 Thessalonians 4:17 clearly state the rapture will NOT precede the raising of the dead.
and so
John 6:40 &
John 6:44 &
John 6:54 The Lord is stating all this is happening on the last day.
Very few verses are needed to reveal the truth of post-trib. It is the simplest most correct sequence of end time events.

Concerning the verses in (1 Thess.): Yes, the 'dead in Christ' rise first. Then the living saints follow. That is the Rapture of the Church.

Concerning the verses in (John): The 'last day' is the last day of the Church, The Rapture. It certainly isn't the last day of the world as much time, at least a thousand years, is left to accomplish God's work on earth.

If the Rapture is post-trib, then there is no need to anticipate Christ's coming as the Temple must first be built, the abomination must be set up in it, anti-christ must be revealed, etc. etc.

Quantrill

Last edited:
Concerning the verses in (1 Thess.): Yes, the 'dead in Christ' rise first. Then the living saints follow. That is the Rapture of the Church.

Concerning the verses in (John): The 'last day' is the last day of the Church, The Rapture. It certainly isn't the last day of the world as much time, at least a thousand years, is left to accomplish God's work on earth.

If the Rapture is post-trib, then there is no need to anticipate Christ's coming as the Temple must first be built, the abomination must be set up in it, anti-christ must be revealed, etc. etc.

Quantrill
Jerome used the word rapture in the roman catholic Bible around 400 AD
Written and translated to Latin.
It was in reference to his belief in pre-trib.

Few accept the Bible saying the DEAD are DEAD, and that the few gaining life in heaven do so without the PHYSICAL bodies.

Do you believe that man is spirit, soul and body; ?

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:23

The Christians chosen to go to heaven at the time of his coming will discard the physical bodies.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1 Corinthians 15:42-44

The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory.
It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

Those who are resurrected do not discard their bodies.

Their bodies are changed.

• For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15:50-54

• For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Our mortal bodies are changed, in which our corruptible body becomes incorruptible.

But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:35-36

The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
Matthew 13:41-42

JLB

Still no such word as "rapture" in the Bible.

Agreed.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

• For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

• For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

• Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

The biblical term is “caught up”. Rapture is not used.

Those who are alive and remain until His coming, will be “caught up” together with those resurrected.

JLB

I used to be pre-trib. I was raised in it. I had 2 inch thick books that tried to explain it. One day I read only what Jesus Himself had to say about it. It was the most straight forward explanation I had ever seen. I became a closet post-tribber as I dared not incur the wrath of all the pre-tribber spiritual bullies in our church and in my own family. I eventually found other post-tribbers on other forums and then here on this forum and I've seen the tide slowly turn where more and more are waking up and turning away from the "feel good" teaching of pre-trib.
Jesus preached rescue from wrath.

Matthew 24:27 = no hidden return
Matthew 24:28 = post-trib
Mark 13:24 = post-trib
Mark 13:26 = no hidden return
Mark 13:27 = post-trib rapture
Luke 21:27 = no hidden return
John 6:40 = dead raised on last day
John 6:44 = dead raised on last day
John 6:54 = dead raised on last day

The Words of Jesus. Straight forward and simple.
Yes. No announcement or precursor event to His coming as a thief in the night while society is intact. Post trib will have a devastated Earth without intact civilization.

Thank goodness we don’t have to go by feelings about the rapture since it is plainly stated in scripture that the rapture occurs after the resurrection at His coming.

Every single solitary born again Christian should know and agree on this, because it is so plainly stated.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-15

• this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

The resurrection and rapture take place at His coming.

If anyone wants to know when His coming takes place then there are plenty of passages that talk about the signs that we are instructed to look for that lead to His coming.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:4

JLB
He is coming to rapture the Church in the clouds at the Sixth Seal, not at His coming onto the Earth at the end of Seven Years. Praise God for the certainty of His Word.

The tribulation is God's wrath upon Satan' followers and their wrath upon God's followers.
Those who look forward to the Wrath of the Tribulation are deluded to think they can handle it. God allows them to deny His Rapture rescue. All through Scripture God accommodates unbelief.

Back