Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
AZ huh? Musta been desperate lol! Just kidding.
She was. Ha ha! But it was because of my work and the chances of me bringing the virus home. At that time, Pfizer was in very short supply. I’m not sure where Moderna was. Lol

Because of how my body responded to the flu vaccine, I was not going to get it. However, as I learned about mRNA I decided I would take Pfizer or Moderna, but not J&J or AZ. AZ was the least effective of the four and seemed to have the worst side effects. My son actually knew the gal in Detroit that got a clot from J&J…
Anyway, your right. For those prone to clots, they were more likely to get clots from Covid than from the Vaccine. Come to think of it, I don’t recall any clotting with mRNA vaccines, or at least if there were they didn’t make headlines like J&J.
Yeah, each person needs to know their own body and do their best guess—with doctor’s advice if needed—as to what may be best for them. I don’t react to anything, so I was ready to take the first one available. Pfizer was offered through my work and I was able to get it much sooner than I otherwise would have been able to.

I was hoping for a third arm from it but no luck so far.

Shifting the burden of proof onto me isn’t a great tactic, especially since I, not anyone else, has stated that the vaccines don’t harm people.

So you agree that the vaccine shouldn’t be given to everyone, but each person should decide for themselves based on their own individual age and health status?

JLB

Yes, he did. Did you see Trump’s response? It was totally disgraceful and classless.

Colin Powell had taken the vaccine and booster.

Why did he die of COVID 19 “complications“. (whatever that means)

He either died of COVID or died from the vaccine.

JLB

Why do you keep repeating the same things despite being told numerous times that they’re false or misleading?

What is false and misleading about asking these two questions?

• Why would anyone want to take a vaccine that could kill them, but doesn’t prevent the person from dying from that disease or prevent the person from spreading that disease to others?

• Why would a government want to force it’s people to take a vaccine that could kill them, but doesn’t protect them from dying from that disease or prevent them from spreading that disease?

What do you specifically find misleading?

JLB

Have you had any vaccines in your life? Did your children get vaccines? Every single one of them could have killed or harmed you or your children

Where is your evidence of this?

The problem I'm having here is that your situation is a feedback loop. You don't understand how comorbidity works, so you chock up your own ignorance as people living to you. You don't understand virus reproduction so you consider virus mutation to be a lie to. The csc has not recommended you get a booster, yet you keep repeating the lie that these boosters are being pushed.

This is what I'm taking about. You aren't going by what the cdc is saying, but instead inventing a narrative based on loose information.
The actual time line is that when the pandemic started masks weren't know to be effective yet, so they were not pushed.

Masks got pushed as more information came out.

The vaccine was developed and given emergency approval. Mask weren't was allowed to lessen if you were fully vaccinated. The cdc still recommended mask wearng.

The delta variant started to spread and people were hesitant to get vaccinated. Cases of people with vaccines needed less hospital resources. People without vaccines still needed more hospital resources.

Mask wearing is increased when areas have spikes.

Booster has been developed, but the cdc has said if you aren't in a specific group of criteria, you won't need it.

That's were we are at now.

It is. A virus can only mutate if it has a host that it can infect and spread.

I don't. I don't fit the cdc criteria.

Yep

Yes, I stated a fact. I didn't saY i like it.

Yes, also water is wet and fire burns.

Vaccines engage the immune system. So they are not contributing to a buble.

The US doesn't want us in a buble. All incentives have been removed or have a set date for removal. The US is pretty keen in getting us back to work.

In this case people I know are dieing of the thing you claim is not a big problem. No matter how you try to hand wave this away, it won't remove the people who died or the pain of not being able to be with my grandfather when he died.

No, your problem is that you believe what all is being said by the government and the governments doctor about Covid. I don't.

Again, believe whatever you like about Covid. Get your shot. Wear your mask. Get your booster. Then, leave everyone else alone. Oh, therein lies the problem.

When you say employers have the right to fire people for not being vaccinated, then you are for forcing people to get the vaccine. Just like I said.

Of course vaccines mandated create a bubble. As well as masks, germ free environment. When my immune system develops and protects me from Covid, it is much better then a vaccine. Which we see isn't working any way which is why we are told to still wear masks and get a booster.

I don't believe all your so called stats on 'cases with or without the vaccine'. That is just more Covid propaganda. Spread by the government and the media, who is joined to the hip of this government.

The U.S., the government in power today, liberal and atheistic,and third world, is keen on control. They have a new weapon in Covid whereby they can control those unruly Americans who believe in the Constitution, by by-passing the Constitution.

I know people who have caught Covid and did just fine. I know people who have caught Covid and kept on going to work. I know people who never had a Covid vaccine, caught Covid, and it didn't bother them at all. See? We all know people 'who'.

Did your grandfather get the vaccine. Did I or anyone else try and stop him from getting a vaccine?

Quantrill

It’s certainly an area that calls for discernment, which is to say it’s a disputable matter.

The conscience is something we all have to live with, and be comfortable with at the end of the day. One could very well take the position that by receiving the vaccine, they are helping others. But really, in order to help others in this way, one first has to help themselves. On the same token, some receive the vaccine only thinking of themselves with no regard for others, yet the byproduct of their actions by proxy works toward what some may consider, the greater good, as you’ve described earlier.

But then there is the other side of the coin, and that’s doubt and fear. There are many who for whatever reason, either real or imagined won’t get the vaccine because doing so would violate their conscience. It is from this perspective that I disagree with mandates because I see those pushing vaccine mandates as only serving their own agenda with no regard for others, but using others as an excuse.

Bottom line. We’re all responsible for our actions or inaction.

If I get vaccinated, I protect myself and by proxy, to those around me to a much lessor degree. To those who won’t get vaccinated, then they do so knowing the risks. I know a husband and wife who laughed at Covid early on and they both got it. She got a light sniffle and he got put on a vent. He did survive, but it brought some reality into their world. Both still refuse to get vaccinated, and that is their right, and they both have a first hand experience of the risks of Covid. If they fully understand the risks, then they are responsible for their actions.

This brings me to government assistance. My wife also got Covid and was very close to being put on a vent because I was out of town and she refused to listen to me and seek early treatment. I have excellent healthcare, but did you know I never paid a dime for her ICU stay in the Covid ward? It wasn’t cheap, yet the government paid every penny. The same goes for my friend who was on a vent. This is a point of contention for me. We knew the risk, we should be responsible for the bill, regardless if you can pay it or not.

Having the government pay a full hospital bill takes away from claiming full responsibility for my wife’s bad choices, and without a doubt, millions like her that didn’t get the vaccine for whatever reason. And this brings me to early treatment. We need to put as much emphasis on early treatment as we do the vaccine and this alone will eliminate the bulk of ICU beds being filled with Covid patients.

Like your town, my county was the hotbed of the Nation for a short time last year. I know more people who have had Covid than those who haven’t. Most pull through within 5 -7 days and by week 2 they are as good as new. So overall, most people are building a natural immunity, which needs to happen either through vaccination or surviving the virus.

As far as companies, a local restaurant made national news because they refused to shut down. They were fined and lost their liquor license, but stayed open. They were very responsible and the judge even said that if all the restaurants applied the same safety measures, there would be no need to shut the restaurants down.

Concerning the government picking up your hospital bill, is all the more reason to see that Covid is a ruse.

This is why no one goes to the hospital with the flu. They go with Covid because it is paid for. Flu deaths have disappeared. It is Covid that killed them.

Quantrill

Talc powder is the misinformation promoted by the far left.

Have you ever done research on it or just heard it from a friend?

If you have a link to where you got your information I would love to see it because I cannot find a single thing on it being from the Covid shot since the earliest thing I can find on it is from 2017.

Why do you keep repeating the same things despite being told numerous times that they’re false or misleading?

Here is what I and millions of Americans find misleading.

Below are statements made by the CDC:

• COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
  • Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 408 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through October 18, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 8,878 reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

There are an estimated 329 million people in the USA.

There safe and effective but are not effective at preventing death by COVID. Furthermore we don’t know how many vaccinated people have died from COVID since the CDC is deceitful about the numbers.

EXTREMELY MISLEADING.

The information at the CDC is untrustworthy.

JLB

CDC is not a trustworthy source of information.

JLB

According to you. I'll take their word over most anyone here any day and twice on Sunday when it comes to these kinds of things.

I just think it's not trustworthy to you because it means that I just proved something to you that you're not willing to admit just yet, but that's okay.

Have you ever done research on it or just heard it from a friend?

Have you ever done research or do you just quote what the CDC spoon feeds you?

Do some research of what doctors are saying all over the world.

There is a reason why many countries are rioting over the vaccine mandate.

According to you. I'll take their word over most anyone here any day and twice on Sunday when it comes to these kinds of things.

I just think it's not trustworthy because it means that I just proved something to you that you're not willing to admit, but that's okay.

You haven’t proved anything, other than you get all your information from the CDC.

Below are statements made by the CDC:

• COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
  • Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 408 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through October 18, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 8,878 reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

There are an estimated 329 million people in the USA.

EXTREMELY MISLEADING.

Last edited:
So you agree that the vaccine shouldn’t be given to everyone, but each person should decide for themselves based on their own individual age and health status?

JLB
Yikes! Not sure what happened there. I clearly failed at saying what I wanted to. What I meant to say is that no one has stated that the vaccines don’t cause harm. I asked for scientific evidence of that vaccines have caused 16,766 deaths but you replied by asking me for evidence of something no one is arguing, namely, that vaccines don’t cause harm. No one has denied that vaccines can cause harm. In fact, we have stated as much several times.

Says you. I understand it just fine, but then I am in the medical field and probably have more training in these things than you.

Have you ever done research or do you just quote what the CDC spoon feeds you?

Do some research of what doctors are saying all over the world.

There is a reason why many countries are rioting over the vaccine mandate.

I have done my research and I still disagree with you and those doctors. Has nothing to do with being spoonfed by the CDC. I provided proof, you don't like the proof I provided. I really don't care what you think is trustworthy or not. I trust the source and that is the source you will get.

Yikes! Not sure what happened there. I clearly failed at saying what I wanted to. What I meant to say is that no one has stated that the vaccines don’t cause harm. I asked for scientific evidence of that vaccines have caused 16,766 deaths but you replied by asking me for evidence of something no one is arguing, namely, that vaccines don’t cause harm. No one has denied that vaccines can cause harm. In fact, we have stated as much several times.

I showed the video where a UNITED STATES SENATOR (who has access to way more info than you or I) stated that 16,776 deaths had occurred and that was only what was reported, which is about 10% of the actual total.

Colin Powell had taken the vaccine and booster.

Why did he die of COVID 19 “complications“. (whatever that means)

He either died of COVID or died from the vaccine.

JLB
He died from COVID. The treatment for the type of cancer he had severely compromises the immune system. There is no reason to believe otherwise if that is what the press release stated.

Back