Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Christians have a moral imperative to their families. It would be ethically irresponsible for the head of a household to allow his family to receive an medical treatment that would potentially harm them.

There are much safer and effective treatments such as Hydroxycloroquine and Z Paks, as well as others that have been in use for decades.

JLB
First, you need to acknowledge that the "head of a household" has the ethical responsibility to protect the health of his family.

And what do the experts say here - the ones who, you know, went to medical school - say about how to protect your family against covid?

Answer: Get the vaccine.

I will not debate the science with you - I will simply point out the overwhelming majority of qualified experts support taking the vaccine. Why, exactly, do you disregard the consensus view in deference to a very tiny minority who suggest avoiding the vaccine?

Quite the contrary, our obligation to care for the temple of our bodies, as well as for the health of others, supports getting vaccinated.
I live in the province beside you... and so we have being Canadian in common... I do not understand your BOLD proclamation that it is the CHRISTIAN DUTY to get vaccinated.

I live alone... I go out once a week to the grocery store... I wear my mask. I go to the mall maybe once a year. I don't have to work... and I don't have a social life.... thus my decision NOT to get vaccinated.

My daughter on the other hand has been vaccinated because of her work and the fact that she desires to travel and must do so for her job.

The government was very careless with their mandates... and with the information they chose to share. Things have been absolutely chaotic with especially the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Alberta decided to throw in a lottery... ( 3 1million dollar prizes for those who decided to get vaccinated )... NEVER in the history of vaccines or booster shots has there EVER been this type of behaviour...

To me... it is no wonder thinking people lack TRUST... THIS is not a Christian issue... You have made it such...
This is a moral and personal ISSUE.... and should be freely left to each individual to make without the GUILT and SHAME that so many seem to enjoy inflicting on each other.

Last edited:
3. If the vaccine is 1) effective to prevent you from serious Covid19 health complications and 2) the vaccine is readily available then why would you want to force anyone to take it?

If the response to question 3 is "To prevent people from getting sick" - then those who want to avoid the sickness can merely take the vaccine. After all, it is "free and available to anyone who wants" it (see question 2).​
No. The vaccine is not 100% effective. Anti-vaxxers keep trotting out this false argument and it needs to be countered.

If, repeat if, the vaccine were 100% effective then, yes, you would have an argument.

But it is not.

And even if the vaccine were 100% effective, those who refuse the vaccine, and then end up in the hospital, take valuable medical resources away from other people (e.g. people with heart disease, cancer, etc.)

My trust is in, to be frank, a sober, rational, evidence-based view of the world.

Let's be clear: the overwhelming majority of appropriately qualified experts suggest we should get the vaccine. And even regular people like me can see that rates of Covid are worse in areas of lower vaccination uptake.
Did you approve or disapprove of what happened to the Alberta Pastor from ex Communist Poland?

Did you approve or disapprove of what happened to the Alberta Pastor from ex Communist Poland?
You did not ask me this question... but I am going to answer anyways... because I am Canadian...

I fully supported and obeyed the measures asked of me to follow through out all our many restrictions and lock-downs.
I expected everyone else to do the same... and so... I have no sympathy for any church leader or anyone else who decided to go against the flow with the false narrative that their "rights" were being abused.

The issue with the churches was LARGE gatherings. People made this something that it was NOT.

I live alone... I go out once a week to the grocery store... I wear my mask. I got to the mall maybe once a year. I don't have to work... and I don't have a social life.... thus my decision NOT to get vaccinated.
Obviously, the less you "go out", the less the importance of getting the vaccine. However, the delta variant is extremely contagious:

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky confirmed the authenticity of the document, which was first reported by The Washington Post.

“I think people need to understand that we’re not crying wolf here. This is serious,” she told CNN.

“It’s one of the most transmissible viruses we know about. Measles, chickenpox, this – they’re all up there.”

The government was very careless with their mandates... and with the information they chose to share. Things have been absolutely chaotic with especially the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Alberta decided to throw in a lottery... ( 3 1million dollar prizes for those who decided to get vaccinated )... NEVER in the history of vaccines or booster shots has there EVER been this type of behaviour...
What, specifically, bothers you? The lottery? Why not - it make sense to me to give people an incentive to do the right thing.

What is your concern about Astrazeneca - that they withdrew its use because of the side effects? Well, science is not perfect and we should expect hiccups like this.

What, specifically, bothers you? The lottery? Why not - it make sense to me to give people an incentive to do the right thing.

What is your concern about Astrazeneca - that they withdrew its use because of the side effects? Well, science is not perfect and we should expect hiccups like this.
There are many things that bother me... mostly it is the attitude that I have seen coming from a great many Christians... attitudes of arrogance... entitlement and a sudden all knowing sense about covid-19. In reality... no one knows what covid truly is.

As for the news outlets... don't trust any of them... they all have agendas.
As for the government... don't trust them... they have hidden agendas.

The lottery idea... was a mockery in my estimation... and it did nothing to promote confidence in a vaccine.

The vaccine in my estimation should be CHOICE... and from what I have read this last year in forums... this is not the case. People are making statements and claims that I do not feel they have the right to make.

Just my little Canadian opinion.

My goodness. Maybe I should stick with the encouragement threads today. My head is beginning to hurt. LOL.

Honestly the vaccination has been on my mind for the last few weeks or so. It has been hard for me. It has flooded my Facebook and there is such a divide on it like everything else these days. I have friends and family in Texas and Indiana and Texas seems to be more for the vaccine. Everyone I know in my area is against vaccinations for the most part, including both churches, my new one and one I went to for 8 years. My husband also. It has been on my mind still that it might not be a bad idea to just take it. It isn't the mark of the beast, cdc recommends it, and it more then likely will be fully approved by January. By that time though, after spending over two billion dollars on vaccinations, if they expire, I'm not sure if they will be available. There have been many hospitalized by the virus. Most will survive, but with my kids, it would be hard to be hospitalized with it. I'm not really sure. I am grateful to have people who will love me no matter what I decide.

I try not to be afraid of vaccine or the virus, but if I had to be honest, I do fear both. I guess part of my thinking is it would be one less thing to worry about if I get the vaccine, because then that is it. I took it, so I can't do anything about it. But I'm not sure what the right answer is. So prayers appreciated. I'm definitely praying for wisdom and patience during this time for everyone. Covid has been hard on everyone.

Sister ... You have stated very honestly what I THINK many people are TRULY feeling.

Because I have stayed away from ALL news outlets... and not bothered to read the conspiracy theories in the other forum I belonged to... It boiled down to me... and my freedom of choice... I chose NOT to get vaccinated... and my daughter chose to get vaccinated... because of her lifestyle and job.

This is NOT the mark of the beast... It is a vaccine. I can easily ignore the media... I don't expect any different from them... as they are all looking for RATINGS and fear SELLS... but the Christians who have hopped onto the band wagon of instilling CONDEMNATION to those who don't agree with them is what has caused my heart ANGER.

The vaccine in my estimation should be CHOICE... and from what I have read this last year in forums... this is not the case. People are making statements and claims that I do not feel they have the right to make.
Has anyone suggested the vaccine be mandatory for all citizens? I don't think so.

I try not to be afraid of vaccine or the virus, but if I had to be honest, I do fear both.
Why not listen to the experts? They are pretty unanimous - get the vaccine.

I am not a doctor, and presumably neither are you or your friends. Should we not listen to the professionals? What are doctors doing?

The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19,...

Sister ... You have stated very honestly what I THINK many people are TRULY feeling.

Because I have stayed away from ALL news outlets... and not bothered to read the conspiracy theories in the other forum I belonged to... It boiled down to me... and my freedom of choice... I chose NOT to get vaccinated... and my daughter chose to get vaccinated... because of her lifestyle and job.

This is NOT the mark of the beast... It is a vaccine. I can easily ignore the media... I don't expect any different from them... as they are all looking for RATINGS and fear SELLS... but the Christians who have hopped onto the band wagon of instilling CONDEMNATION to those who don't agree with them is what has caused my heart ANGER.

It has been heavy on my heart also. Even masks have been a cause of division. The Word of God should be the focus. Peoples' souls and spirits are so much more important then even what is stuck in the body or not. Important subjects cannot be ignored. It is the "non vaccinators are dumb, vaccinators are sheeple sort of things" you hear on a daily basis from people I love and look up to.

clothe-yourselves-with-compassion.jpg

Yes, but that is not the same thing as suggesting it should be mandatory.
HAHA.... ARE you serious??? You are taking away my right to choose... because you are stating it is the CHRISTIAN duty to get vaccinated. You are correct.. it has not been government mandated... the government is not my concern... it is the Christians that are my concern.

Anyways... It has been interesting to see the Canadian side of things.

It has been heavy on my heart also. Even masks have been a cause of division. The Word of God should be the focus. Peoples' souls and spirits are so much more important then even what is stuck in the body or not. Important subjects cannot be ignored. It is the "non vaccinators are dumb, vaccinators are sheeple sort of things" you hear on a daily basis from people I love and look up to.
BE STILL and KNOW that HE is GOD... HE is your DADDY.... and HE LOVES YOU... You will make the choice that works best for you and your family. So there... my little handmaiden... whom I have come to absolutely delight in. LOL

First, you need to acknowledge that the "head of a household" has the ethical responsibility to protect the health of his family.

God holds the head of the household responsible for the needs of the family.

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
1 Timothy 5:8

People who are sick need a physician, otherwise there is no need to jeopardize your family with something being injected into them that may have irreversible fatal side effects that will not be known for years to come.

People who are not sick do not need a physician, not do they need medical advice from politician’s.

JLB

Why not listen to the experts? They are pretty unanimous - get the vaccine.

I am not a doctor, and presumably neither are you or your friends. Should we not listen to the professionals? What are doctors doing?

The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19,...

Oh yes I've followed this carefully. But I also see nurses and doctors who worked through the COVID-19 epidemic fired for not taking the vaccine. Regardless of evidence, this is not right not even being fully fda approved as of yet. But yes, the evidence is very compelling that the vaccine is safe and effective...

Reactions: JLB
Back