Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Enc
I will take your word for it.... I live in Canada so I don't follow US laws or events happening.
I have sat outside getting lit up by mosquitoee all the while listening to music and that day I heard the county warn about the encaphalitis .it's a yearly problem .

Yet no shut down ,no banning of carribeans as these often carry it ! My link mentioned yellow fever coming from Cuba .my area has missionary flights to Haiti which also likely has malaria and other mosquito born illness.

Malaria is a pill,the others a shot .

Now then lest I be seen as an antivaxxer

My issue with mandates is that
One I can argue it is a personal decision .personal experience as I have the four shot ,I got the Spanish flu from refugees brought to America at ft.polk . Vaccines reduce but don't prevent an infection .

I can post libertarian support on that from fee and links to research
It's disengious to worry about covid when you allow unchecked immigrants to flood and overwhelm our border and yet support lockdowns it's as such when the Dr fauci pushes mask mandates and got caught not wearing his and his excuse was I only wear mask around strangers,ok so we can visit family?apperently he does .

You don't have carry them from state to state ,to get gas ,when I visited your country twice in no case was I ever asked in 1992,or 2004 to present a vaccine card .I spent hours in both spot .

Once in Vancouver and once in new foundland.customs officers are gonna ask for it .all the Canadians one did was where ya going ,fruits . The u.s the same .no canadian was asked at the return to present them to America

My state gets a ton of Canadians who drive here . I work with a few who visit .
I said "overseas" and "exotic," not Canada or the U.S. Certain countries require people to have certain vaccines in order to be able to visit, or at least some are highly recommended, due to the prevalence of certain diseases and viruses.

You might want to rethink your nanny state love .
Nothing I have said would indicate a love of nanny states, because I don't. They are, however, becoming necessary due to the lack of self-control and ability to reason by so many these days.

Why not have breathalyzers in cars.i don't drink .never got drunk .never will .
It likely will come to breathalyzers in cars because some people are still too irrational and irresponsible, believing they can drive fine when they've had too much drink. Such nanny-state laws don't come into effect for no reason.

You don't know ,we have yellow fever,duengue outbreaks and scarlet and a ton of mosquito born illness as they are vectors not once since 2000 can I recall any vaccine passports .
You're not understanding. There are vaccine records--everyone who has ever had a vaccine in a country that has vaccine records, like Canada, and presumably the U.S., has a vaccine record. It's not something one has to show when they travel locally, but is something one may have to show when traveling internationally. Am I right to assume that you also have vaccinations for yellow and dengue fevers?

It's more or less the state equivalent of a helicopter parent--excessive and overbearing interference of personal choice.
I could have looked it up... but.... thanks for this definition. I think pretty much ALL of Canada is a nanny state.
We are used to listening and depending on our government.... In this respect... we are very different than America.
I personally like this position. Takes all the guess work out of things... HA.

I said "overseas" and "exotic," not Canada or the U.S. Certain countries require people to have certain vaccines in order to be able to visit, or at least some are highly recommended, due to the prevalence of certain diseases and viruses.

Nothing I have said would indicate a love of nanny states, because I don't. They are, however, becoming necessary due to the lack of self-control and ability to reason by so many these days.

It likely will come to breathalyzers in cars because some people are still too irrational and irresponsible, believing they can drive fine when they've had too much drink. Such nanny-state laws don't come into effect for no reason.

You're not understanding. There are vaccine records--everyone who has ever had a vaccine in a country that has vaccine records, like Canada, and presumably the U.S., has a vaccine record. It's not something one has to show when they travel locally, but is something one may have to show when traveling internationally. Am I right to assume that you also have vaccinations for yellow and dengue fevers?
Nope we are not forcing anyone .

You can't see your logic .

Will the cop have to have his daily test each time to start his car?no

Look I have worked with convicted felons who wouldn't even have a job long ago .you can't see that people that run the government as stupid?

Shall really post the judges caught drunk while driving ,cops speeding and killing civilians while not even on a chase ?
Or how many died from posoin water in Michigan and tiny little fee assessed

The point here is that the u.s. allows and has allowed

Exotic is many carribeans nations and these have always had risks .

You can't blow that off .

Recommended is a mandate

Zika has been problem in Florida

Currently the city of Miami the southern counties have been mixed with carribeans .these often are not asking for asylum but come here to stay under the wet dry policy .until Biden stopped that

Yet unless you mine my state coast they will land here .
point of exotic isn't quite negated. These do occur here Zika was on the local news here

I could have looked it up... but.... thanks for this definition. I think pretty much ALL of Canada is a nanny state.
We are used to listening and depending on our government.... In this respect... we are very different than America.
I personally like this position. Takes all the guess work out of things... HA.
I don't ,I served for 30 ,years part of PTSD is actually that being taken

Inmates after reakese kill themselves after all they figure I can't handle freedom .no one tell them what time to wake up,think and eat

Freedom to do as you please has consequence

If I ran a church like I do a platoon

There would be no freedom to interpret the bible !

No challenges to my authority would be as easy .

Nope we are not forcing anyone .

You can't see your logic .

Will the cop have to have his daily test each time to start his car?no

Look I have worked with convicted felons who wouldn't even have a job long ago .you can't see that people that run the government as stupid?

Shall really post the judges caught drunk while driving ,cops speeding and killing civilians while not even on a chase ?
Or how many died from posoin water in Michigan and tiny little fee assessed

The point here is that the u.s. allows and has allowed

Exotic is many carribeans nations and these have always had risks .

You can't blow that off .

Recommended is a mandate

Zika has been problem in Florida

Currently the city of Miami the southern counties have been mixed with carribeans .these often are not asking for asylum but come here to stay under the wet dry policy .until Biden stopped that

Yet unless you mine my state coast they will land here .
point of exotic isn't quite negated. These do occur here Zika was on the local news here
You're not at all understanding what I am saying.

You're not at all understanding what I am saying.
I do ,I have read your posts,in one you suggested that vaccine mandates in Austria where a good thing to prevent death

I posted a link on getting polio shots as part of a requirements to see Haiti .

You think since we have mandates and laws that people will obey and even if they do in this case a disease simply does off?

Polio is in Haiti .I'm hardly against shots but recommend is an lawful order .if I tell a soldier it's in the imperative .I may say to avoid punishment I recommend doing as I say .

The link doesn't imply that .

I get the the dysfunctional way we act .I noted that years ago but don't assume the government won't abuse it's authority it has in the name of safety often .
You are just used to it .I see things because I look for it and want to here . I hate hypocrisy.

See the sillyness of that ?
No I don't see it that way.... I really have never paid attention to what the world is doing...
In Canada (Ontario)... I am no longer allowed to walk into a restaurant to dine in.... I can only order take-out.
This is how it is... and no amount of complaining is going to change things.

I don't see things at all in the way most do. I am not feeling persecuted or that my rights have been taken away... I feel so very BLESSED.

In the u.s. they snuck in a law all cars despite the owner not being charged with dui most force him to take a breathalyzer test ever time he starts his car

No I don't see it that way.... I really have never paid attention to what the world is doing...
In Canada (Ontario)... I am no longer allowed to walk into a restaurant to dine in.... I can only order take-out.
This is how it is... and no amount of complaining is going to change things.

I don't see things at all in the way most do. I am not feeling persecuted or that my rights have been taken away... I feel so very BLESSED.
If the air you breathed burned your skin and killed in seconds .would you remove a mask to eat ?

Now see the silliness of that rule .I have been trained in nbc we had eat and drink and move bowels in full gear .

In the middle of gas attack that lasts for hours makes that difficult,add years and you see my case

You see no need to change ,it won't bother you .

My wife likes to eat seafood .the experience is there we share or there places are things some love doing that in travel .I do

Best memories vis with stealing a grandchild to spend time with at ihop. When I die as I do with mcds on us1 often I think of grandpa taking us there .that's 40 years ago .

My mom is in the hospital,dad is likely dying and not gonna be here soon .

Both are vaccinated neither is covid related .simple outside in person meeting beets zoom all day .

Helicopter parenting,by the state, has been done even in the u.s for decades .prevalent in the army

You can drive a tank but don't you dare have a microwave in your room or grill in the barracks .

Then when you get out you become homeless because you can't function ,yes I get that it is more then that but that dysfunction does occur

Back