Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Vaccine deaths and injuries have always been accepted as no vaccine are 100% safe or 100% effective. There will always be a segment of the population that reacts to a vaccine. There is no way around that.

I am not justifying it, I am saying that it has always been. It's not new with the Covid vaccines.
I wouldn't say vaccine, drug, or other medical treatment deaths are ever accepted. More like a known risk but in most cases, the risk is minimal and certainly far lower than the risk from the ailment.

I wouldn't say vaccine, drug, or other medical treatment deaths are ever accepted. More like a known risk but in most cases, the risk is minimal and certainly far lower than the risk from the ailment.

That I can agree with.

As a side note, my 6-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter were vaccinated against Covid earlier this week.

Problem is that their saing it's safe when it's not and their using criminal tactics such as coercion, bribery and blackmail to force it onto us...

The risk of me dying from covid is 0.00000002%...
I've already had covid and therefore have natural immunity and dont need the vax according to my doctor

Why then should I be forced to get this experimental jab?
Why should I loose my job and be discriminated against?

Seems to me that the vaxed just turn a blind eye, disagreeing with facts and data...
Just look at Germany and Austria now... The jabs aren't working

Problem is that their saing it's safe when it's not and their using criminal tactics such as coercion, bribery and blackmail to force it onto us...

The risk of me dying from covid is 0.00000002%...
I've already had covid and therefore have natural immunity and dont need the vax according to my doctor

Why then should I be forced to get this experimental jab?
Why should I loose my job and be discriminated against?

Seems to me that the vaxed just turn a blind eye, disagreeing with facts and data...
Just look at Germany and Austria now... The jabs aren't working
Germany, Austria, Denmark, and other European countries are facing similar situations. It is estimated that over 70% of the German population is fully vaccinated and in Denmark it is estimated that over 76% of the population is fully vaccinated. The US has now imposed travel alerts to both of these countries due to the rapid rise in Covid cases they are experiencing. It is obvious that vaccinations are not slowing the spread or doing a very good job of preventing infections.

On a good note, the vaccines do seem to do a good job of preventing serious illness from Covid.....for now. If another new variant develops, that could change.

On a good note, the vaccines do seem to do a good job of preventing serious illness from Covid.....for now. If another new variant develops, that could change.
And that is one of main issues with the COVID vaccines that those who argue against their effectiveness forget. They were first developed to handle the original variant, but by the time they were being administered, the Delta variant was dominant and the vaccines haven’t been as effective against it. Now there is a new variant out of South Africa and they don’t know if the vaccines will be effective against it.

The problem becomes, then, that the longer the virus is in populations with high numbers of unvaccinated, the more variants we will have, with the possibility of ones that are worse and better at evading then vaccines.

And that is one of main issues with the COVID vaccines that those who argue against their effectiveness forget. They were first developed to handle the original variant, but by the time they were being administered, the Delta variant was dominant and the vaccines haven’t been as effective against it. Now there is a new variant out of South Africa and they don’t know if the vaccines will be effective against it.

The problem becomes, then, that the longer the virus is in populations with high numbers of unvaccinated, the more variants we will have, with the possibility of ones that are worse and better at evading then vaccines.
Thank you for finally admitting that the vaccine is ineffective.

:thumbsup

I don't believe being vaccinated or unvaccinated makes much if any difference. If one can be infected, and vaccinated clearly can, then the potential for mutation remains. This along with the idea that these vaccines prevent infection is another misrepresentation that has been floating around.

Thank you for finally admitting that the vaccine is ineffective.

:thumbsup
I don't believe you are being totally honest here. They are not ineffective. They in fact, according to current data, effective at greatly reducing the potential for serious illness and/or complications from the viruses.

I don't believe you are being totally honest here. They are not ineffective. They in fact, according to current data, effective at greatly reducing the potential for serious illness and/or complications from the viruses.
They were still looking at Spanish Flu in 2017?

I suppose they will be crunching data 100 years from now regarding Covid 19. That is if Jesus does not come first.

Current data may look different after 10 years, when the medical community feels safe to discuss their experiences. Things may look a little different when after 50 years journals may be released that open more eyes. Which way will data and studied go?

Personally I tend to be ashamed of not being able to help. The medical community is trying. What is the Christian community doing?

eddif

Current data may look different after 10 years, when the medical community feels safe to discuss their experiences.
Because these vaccines are applying new technology and most are not fully approved yet and even the one that is fully approved was done so in a questionable timeline, there is a chance the medical community may not feel so safe discussing it in 10 years. I certainly hope not but time will tell.

I don't believe being vaccinated or unvaccinated makes much if any difference. If one can be infected, and vaccinated clearly can, then the potential for mutation remains. This along with the idea that these vaccines prevent infection is another misrepresentation that has been floating around.
It is my understanding that the mutations occur in the body, not in the transmission, and the longer they are in a given body, the greater the chance of mutation. In that case, vaccines should be fairly effective at preventing mutations.

It is my understanding that the mutations occur in the body, not in the transmission, and the longer they are in a given body, the greater the chance of mutation. In that case, vaccines should be fairly effective at preventing mutations.
How? If one is infected the virus is actively growing in the body. That's what an infection is. This is also evident by the fact that they can transmit it to others. That wouldn't happen if the infection was killed immediately.

The vaccines help reduce the potential for serious illness because they help the body respond quicker and/or more ferociously when the virus invades but the infection is still there nonetheless and until our bodies kill it, it is mutating and spreading to others.

Because the vaccines help our bodies react more rapidly and with greater fervor it is logical that vaccinated people may not be infected quite as long and that too attributes to the lower incidence of serious illness. I suppose in that way, vaccinated people may not incubate mutations quite as fast but it still happens nonetheless.

How? If one is infected the virus is actively growing in the body. That's what an infection is. This is also evident by the fact that they can transmit it to others. That wouldn't happen if the infection was killed immediately.

The vaccines help reduce the potential for serious illness because they help the body respond quicker and/or more ferociously when the virus invades but the infection is still there nonetheless and until our bodies kill it, it is mutating and spreading to others.

Because the vaccines help our bodies react more rapidly and with greater fervor it is logical that vaccinated people may not be infected quite as long and that too attributes to the lower incidence of serious illness. I suppose in that way, vaccinated people may not incubate mutations quite as fast but it still happens nonetheless.
That last paragraph is the reason why. The virus in unvaccinated people can be in them for weeks and months, even if they are no longer symptomatic. Perhaps that could be the case in vaccinated people, but it seems reasonable that the body would fight off the virus easier and so would help prevent mutations. Something to look into.

It doesn't prevent a person from getting Covid, or dying from Covid or spreading Covid, while possibly killing the person who receives it.

To me that's the epitome of being ineffective.

JLB

I might not see my family ever again. Apparently i was told im not allowed to see my grandparents because im not vaccinated. I said i want to see a doctors certificate. I think not allowed at aged care facilities but if they are out of care at a private residence i want to know. Also my Dads wife said im not allowed at there house if im not vaccinated. You know what i say. So be it.

Whats my excuse for not visiting my family, they dont me around them or im not allowed around them.

Last edited:
I might not see my family ever again. Apparently i was told im not allowed to see my grandparents because im not vaccinated. I said i want to see a doctors certificate. Also my Dads wife said im not allowed at there house if im not vaccinated. You know what i say. So be it.

Whats my excuse for not visiting my family, they dont me around them. Not my fault i was born unvaccinated and cannot live a natural life without interference.
I'm really sad to read this... I'm sorry.

As i said so be it. I dont fold or break that easy.
I'm the same way... but my daughter will still agree to come visit me as I am now unable to travel on public transportation to see her. I only usually see her once a year because her work is busy and she has to rent a vehicle to come for her visit.

It saddens me to hear the media etc blame the unvaccinated for the rise in cases. But it is what it is.

Back