Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That last paragraph is the reason why. The virus in unvaccinated people can be in them for weeks and months, even if they are no longer symptomatic. Perhaps that could be the case in vaccinated people, but it seems reasonable that the body would fight off the virus easier and so would help prevent mutations. Something to look into.
The typical amount of time a person is contagious is about 10-14 days beginning about 3-5 days after exposure and just like other coronaviruses like colds and flus, the victim is also most contagious about 2 days before symptoms start. This is why the healthcare community stresses self-quarantine for 14 days after testing positive. By the time symptoms evolve and the person is tested, they have probably already been contagious up to a week and is likely to remain contagious for about another week or so. Quarantining for 14 days adds a week of cushion to be sure they are not likely contagious anymore.

Some symptoms may linger for much longer such as fatigue, body aches, breathing issues, maintaining blood oxygen levels, loss of taste and smell. I became infected over 13 weeks ago yet today I still have not completely regained my sense of smell. My brother-in-law was infected from me about 12 weeks ago and he still has trouble with fatigue and shortness of breath if he exerts himself too much. A friend of mine that was hospitalized about a year ago still keeps oxygen handy because she can have some issues with breathing even today. It's not known but it is suspected that some people may never fully recover so I may never regain my complete sense of smell.

The typical amount of time a person is contagious is about 10-14 days beginning about 3-5 days after exposure and just like other coronaviruses like colds and flus, the victim is also most contagious about 2 days before symptoms start. This is why the healthcare community stresses self-quarantine for 14 days after testing positive. By the time symptoms evolve and the person is tested, they have probably already been contagious up to a week and is likely to remain contagious for about another week or so. Quarantining for 14 days adds a week of cushion to be sure they are not likely contagious anymore.

Some symptoms may linger for much longer such as fatigue, body aches, breathing issues, maintaining blood oxygen levels, loss of taste and smell. I became infected over 13 weeks ago yet today I still have not completely regained my sense of smell. My brother-in-law was infected from me about 12 weeks ago and he still has trouble with fatigue and shortness of breath if he exerts himself too much. A friend of mine that was hospitalized about a year ago still keeps oxygen handy because she can have some issues with breathing even today. It's not known but it is suspected that some people may never fully recover so I may never regain my complete sense of smell.
I have noticed my sense taste isn't the same

We were planning on having a small get together for Thanksgiving dinner and invited our neighbor and his wife. They are both fully vaccinated. My wife and I are both fully vaccinated. Our oldest daughter, the hospital medical lab scientist, and her husband who is also first responder are both fully vaccinated. Our younger daughter's boyfriend who is also an EMT is also fully vaccinated. The only invitee that is not yet vaccinated is our younger daughter.

Our neighbor's wife turned down our invitation because she didn't want to participate in a group that is not fully vaccinated. If the vaccine does protect her who is she concerned about? Perhaps she's concerned that she is contagious and could pass it along to our daughter, the only one in the group not vaccinated. Funny thing is, our daughter is a hair stylist and our neighbor's wife is one of her clients. If she could be infected by our daughter or possibly infect our daughter the most vulnerable time would be while she's sitting in her stylist's chair face-to-face with our daughter.

This is just one example of the lack of common sense and critical thinking that people are exercising.

Last edited:
We were planning on having a small get together for Thanksgiving dinner and invited our neighbor and his wife. They are both fully vaccinated. My wife and I are both fully vaccinated. Our oldest daughter, the hospital medical lab scientist, and her husband who is also first responder are both fully vaccinated. Our younger daughter's boyfriend who is also an EMT is also fully vaccinated. The only invitee that is not yet vaccinated is our younger daughter.

Our neighbor's wife turned down our invitation because she didn't want to participate in a group that is not fully vaccinated. If the vaccine does protect her who is she concerned about? Perhaps she's concerned that she is contagious and could pass it along to our daughter, the only one in the group not vaccinated. Funny thing is, our daughter is a hair stylist and our neighbor's wife is one of her clients. If she could be infected by our daughter or possibly infect our daughter the most vulnerable time would be while she's sitting in her stylist's chair face-to-face with our daughter.

This is just one example of the lack of common sense and critical thinking that people are exercising.
I agree

I've noticed that since the Lord freed me from the fear of death, none of this bothers me too much.

Is the vaccine effective? Not from what I can tell. Herd immunity is, IMO, the way to go. As it is, most of the world's population is being controlled by fear. And no, I won't take the jab because I believe that I know better. Unlike many others, I see what's going on. I thank the Lord for that!
Currently about 60% of the US population is fully vaccinated. In Canada over 75% of the population is fully vaccinated. There's also those in both countries that have not been vaccinated but have recovered from infection and are now carrying the antibodies and have some level of natural immunity. Add them into the equation and assuming the vaccines and natural immunity actually prevent one from becoming ill, we would have over 80% of the population that would be immune and the virus should be having a nearly impossible time finding suitable hosts to infect and therefore would die off. However, the new case history does not support this as cases continue to fluctuate up and down.

I've noticed that since the Lord freed me from the fear of death, none of this bothers me too much.
I believe it is appropriate to exercise caution. If I have a flu or even a cold, I avoid putting others at risk of getting it from me by keeping my distance and taking other precautions to reduce the potential. If I know of someone that has a flu I will stay away and not enter their home unless I feel like catching it too.

I still try to maintain healthy personal hygiene, cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze, and keep adequate distance from others when I am out in public both to protect them and myself from possible viral transmission. I received the Pfizer vaccine to hopefully reduce my chance of becoming seriously ill in case I contract the virus. It was a major coincidence that I was actually infected with the virus at the time when I got my first vaccine dose so I also carry the natural antibodies.

Though I believe that there is a virus (bioengineered and released into the world as per Agenda 21), I think the pandemic is being masterfully manipulated for ungodly ends, which I believe include ushering in a one-world government.
I believe we'd be better off without the vaccines. I believe that the virus is effective, according to the agenda of the powers that be, these powers ultimately being these:
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." - Ephesians 6:12 BSB

and now we have Omicron....
I think that's a new variant of interest but not considered a major player at this time. From my research there are four dominant variants that are spreading around the world right now.

So you admit that they aren't effective against these variants...
Ever wondered then why they still insist on forcing it on everyone???
Christians should never purposely make false claims, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you simply misread what I wrote. Although this is not the first time this very same false response has been given in this thread.

I did not say that the vaccines "aren't effective against these variants". This is what I said: "the Delta variant was dominant and the vaccines haven’t been as effective against it".

Though I believe that there is a virus (bioengineered and released into the world as per Agenda 21), I think the pandemic is being masterfully manipulated for ungodly ends, which I believe include ushering in a one-world government.
I believe we'd be better off without the vaccines. I believe that the virus is effective, according to the agenda of the powers that be, these powers ultimately being these:
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." - Ephesians 6:12 BSB
I don't quite take it to the same level that you do. I do believe there are some that are exploiting the situation for personal gain but I do not believe there is a world-wide effort.

I think that's a new variant of interest but not considered a major player at this time. From my research there are four dominant variants that are spreading around the world right now.
The only news I watch and not even daily is the National... and this seems to be all the rage... they are closing off borders very quickly regarding this new strain.

Christians should never purposely make false claims, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you simply misread what I wrote. Although this is not the first time this very same false response has been given in this thread.

I did not say that the vaccines "aren't effective against these variants". This is what I said: "the Delta variant was dominant and the vaccines haven’t been as effective against it".
You are correct. The reason the vaccines are not as effective against the variants is because these vaccines were developed primarily for the original strain of the virus, which has now mutated into at least four other predominant variants. The vaccines therefore are not stopping the spread of the viruses necessarily but happily so far have been proving to be effective in keeping many out of the hospitals.

I believe it is appropriate to exercise caution. If I have a flu or even a cold, I avoid putting others at risk of getting it from me by keeping my distance and taking other precautions to reduce the potential. If I know of someone that has a flu I will stay away and not enter their home unless I feel like catching it too.

I still try to maintain healthy personal hygiene, cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze, and keep adequate distance from others when I am out in public both to protect them and myself from possible viral transmission. I received the Pfizer vaccine to hopefully reduce my chance of becoming seriously ill in case I contract the virus. It was a major coincidence that I was actually infected with the virus at the time when I got my first vaccine dose so I also carry the natural antibodies.
Due to my physical condition, I seldom go outside. I am alone more than 99% of the time. When I go to the grocery store once, perhaps twice a month, I wear a mask and I observe social distancing.
Having lived like this for the better part of 17 years, I've found that the best way to avoid catching a virus is by washing my hands whenever I come in from outside.
I used to catch a virus once every few years, but since the pandemic began, I've caught 4. Something's up, that's for sure!

Currently about 60% of the US population is fully vaccinated. In Canada over 75% of the population is fully vaccinated. There's also those in both countries that have not been vaccinated but have recovered from infection and are now carrying the antibodies and have some level of natural immunity. Add them into the equation and assuming the vaccines and natural immunity actually prevent one from becoming ill, we would have over 80% of the population that would be immune and the virus should be having a nearly impossible time finding suitable hosts to infect and therefore would die off. However, the new case history does not support this as cases continue to fluctuate up and down.
There are people who have had COVID multiple times. It seems just as with the vaccines, the protection provided by a previous infection wanes after time. Either that or variants are able to overcome the natural protection as well.

Reactions: WIP
There are people who have had COVID multiple times. It seems just as with the vaccines, the protection provided by a previous infection wanes after time. Either that or variants are able to overcome the natural protection as well.
I agree and this is supported by the fact that cases have been fluctuating rather than dying off. For this reason, I believe it could actually be beneficial for vaccinated people and people that have recovered to be exposed again periodically within a reasonable time frame to keep their bodies prepared. It would be like getting a booster and is actually how vaccine boosters work. I wonder if there's any studies being done on this?

I think there is too much grand-standing going on between the extreme views. Those that fully support mandated vaccinations are puffing themselves up and trying to sell the idea as being heroes. On the opposite side are those that spout conspiracy. My brother-in-law is one like that. I have been trying my best to look at this from a middle-of-the-road point of view.

I do not support forced or mandated vaccination for reasons that I've shared a few times but I am also not against the vaccinations. If I was, I'd be a hypocrite because I am vaccinated.

Back