Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Your example proves nothing at all, other than someone felt they needed to get checked out by a doctor.

Here is the truth --

Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

The reason we can have confidence this is true is the Truth spoke it.

Amen

My example proves that you are being dishonest.

My example proves that you are being dishonest.

What does your example prove I'm being dishonest about?

Jesus's words are true.

Those who are well have no need of a physician.

I'm sorry you don't believe that simple statement is true.

What would a doctor do to treat someone who is not sick?

JLB

My personal opinion is; they can use this disease and it's variants as a weapon to destabilize nations economy, and control the world as they see fit.
Sure, I can see that. There are evil people in this world who will leverage any opportunity they can to get what they want.
We see nations like Australia have become a police state over night.
I have not been keeping track of what's going on in the world enough to really know. Australia is an odd country in my opinion. Too bad we didn't have any Australians like Nick (from back when) on our site to give us their perspective.
We were told by the experts that if we take the vaccine are wear masks everything would return to normal.
Ha, yeah, they are like lawyers aren't they lol. They'll tell you what you want to hear. Even Trump downplayed the pandemic. They are all trying to preserve or exploit as opportunity presents itself.
Then that narrative evolved into the second shot, then the booster in order to be considered "fully vaccinated"...now we are hearing this new variant.
Well, to be fair the second shot was for durability and never changed. I'm actually surprised by the 'booster' to increase durability, but we all knew that there would be a 'booster' to accommodate new variants not accommodated for by the original vaccine. To me, that's kind of common since if one understands the basics of the flu shot where each year they try and anticipate the next flu variant.
Personally I think the powers that be want the So African President to start mandating the vaccine.
I read earlier that China will be providing a billion doses of the vaccine to Africa... So I don't think the mandate would come from America... Things that make you go hmmm....

What does your example prove I'm being dishonest about?

Jesus's words are true.

Those who are well have no need of a physician.

I'm sorry you don't believe that simple statement is true.

What would a doctor do to treat someone who is not sick?

JLB

My example proves that you are wrong and you are not using the scripture correctly. End of story!

Did he complain to your girlfriend of any symptoms before he made an appointment to see the doctor?

No, he was a healthy 42-year old that went to a doctor once a year for a check-up. That is what people do, even if JLB thinks otherwise!

I am done discussing this with you as you are being disingenuous, purposely dishonest, or purposely obtuse!

Look up silent killers, you will learn something!

But there is no religious exemption that can be given for Christians.
That wouldn't surprise me (Christian Privilege?), but, my son's explanation was full of Christian reasoning and bible verses. I know another gal that gave a Christian explanation and was exempted. Could be both places exempted anyone that asked. Who knows.

The goal posts haven’t moved; it’s just that social media has promoted a false understanding of the Nuremberg Code.
Well, I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the Nuremberg Code.

Yes and no. The clinical trial period in the US according to the FDA requires in excess of two years and more typically 4-6 years of clinical testing and monitoring. This was not done.
When you are in charge, you can change the rules.
One of the problems is that the vaccine became political rather than scientific to a big degree.

My example proves that you are wrong and you are not using the scripture correctly. End of story!

You have yet to show me how the words of Jesus that say...
Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick... mean something other than what they so plainly say.

Jesus was using a natural truth to teach a spiritual truth.

If a person who is well visits a doctor, what treatment would the doctor do for someone who is not sick?

That seems logical since COVID came from China.
Take that one step further... I don't care how far left people think our country is going, I actually think China is a bigger threat to the US being forced into communism than any political party, college or protest would ever be. And while I'm not as into End Times as you or others, I can almost see China in the mix.

Reactions: JLB
If a person who is well visits a doctor, what treatment would the doctor do for someone who is not sick?

A person doesn't need to be sick for a doctor to look at them. Doctors will run blood tests to determine if there is an issue with your body that you may not know about, such as high cholesterol.

If you are healthy, you leave the office and go back in another year. I don't understand how this is a hard concept for you.

Back