Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mahaedros

I have been traveling for nearly 10 years now and I have seen things that make me question if we are worth saving. The selfishness and deceit I see now seems out of control. Everyone seems to have an agenda. The world seems to make sport of treating Christianity like the red headed stepchild of society. Islam is on the rise and in spite of its militant, vengeful mandate it is gaining sympathy as if it is some kind of victim. Liberalism has slowly positioned itself against Christianity in favor of its own worldly virtues and Conservatism has allowed the erosion of the church by not denouncing false preaching’s for fear of losing political support.

It seems Christians are being divided while the enemies of Christendom are galvanizing their efforts.

I am nearly 50 years old and I recall my grandfather having similar views on the world (though his views were more of a worldly nature). Am I just becoming a bitter old man or is the world literally going to hell?

Am I just becoming a bitter old man or is the world literally going to hell?
Hi Brother Mahaedros and welcome. I really don't think change is any more today than ever other than there are more people of the same godless nature than ever, and more media to report it.

Will we live to see the day of God's judgment begin? I have no idea, although I realize His special work continuing in me. I read Paul's test of his old nature in Rom 7 and know I too am in God's hands of purpose for me without condemnation according to Rom 8:1.
It's great to have you here in fellowship. :wave2

This might be of consolation. If I remember right, God promised Abraham the promised land of Canaan. But first Canaan's sinfulness would have to cone to a certian point before Abraham's promise woild be fufilled with the tribes of Israel.

Now fastforward to today and the world's sinfulness might be nearing it's breaking point, and with God fulfilling His promises of a kingdom on earth and finally peace throughout the land. The crux of the matter though is the sinful state of the world and God putting His foot down on the world. Conquoring it and riding it of it's evil.

It'll probabley get worse, but there is an eventual hope to hold on to.

I am nearly 50 years old and I recall my grandfather having similar views on the world (though his views were more of a worldly nature). Am I just becoming a bitter old man or is the world literally going to hell?
It is getting worse. Anytime man removes God from civilization, corruption runs rampant. Every TV program this year (EVERY) has promoted homosexual life styles in their programs as normal human behavior. The press, our government officials are habitual lairs and do not care that you know it. What is even worse is they claim to be Christians. I'm bitter at the acceptance of evil so readily, since pushed forward by the last 8 years. Read the Scriptures, trust and pray to the Lord always.

in Christ
Douglas Summers

I have been traveling for nearly 10 years now and I have seen things that make me question if we are worth saving. The selfishness and deceit I see now seems out of control. Everyone seems to have an agenda. The world seems to make sport of treating Christianity like the red headed stepchild of society. Islam is on the rise and in spite of its militant, vengeful mandate it is gaining sympathy as if it is some kind of victim. Liberalism has slowly positioned itself against Christianity in favor of its own worldly virtues and Conservatism has allowed the erosion of the church by not denouncing false preaching’s for fear of losing political support.

It seems Christians are being divided while the enemies of Christendom are galvanizing their efforts.

This is the end result of hanging around waiting for a messiah to show up and fix everything.

This is the end result of hanging around waiting for a messiah to show up and fix everything.
We believe He is coming to destroy everything and then recreate. You would have to study the whole of the Scriptures to understand, and believe to see the reality. What (as a non Christian) do you think comes after death? Do you not fear death?

If you look at "the big picture", the world is getting better, not worse... it's just that now we hear about every bad thing that happens, which we didn't before internet / smartphones and TV with 24/7 direct broadcast. And bad news sell better than good news. Now I am not saying this world is a good place, but it is important to look at both the bad and the good stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hy-dont-we-believe-it/?utm_term=.f04322592a0d

That being said, I still hope Christ returns soon, because whether it is getting better or worse, the world certainly is not what it should be.

If you look at "the big picture", the world is getting better, not worse... it's just that now we hear about every bad thing that happens, which we didn't before internet / smartphones and TV with 24/7 direct broadcast. And bad news sell better than good news. Now I am not saying this world is a good place, but it is important to look at both the bad and the good stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hy-dont-we-believe-it/?utm_term=.f04322592a0d

That being said, I still hope Christ returns soon, because whether it is getting better or worse, the world certainly is not what it should be.

There's lots of doom and gloom coming to the world, but if you study long enough, then you'll realize that we have nothing to fear. We can be at rest while all of this happens. The Lord will not forsake us. Walk in Love.

It is not getting better! I and many others have 70 or more years to compare with these last days. The world is morally bankrupt.

When has it not been morally bankrupt... God is not a looser He is the victor
The times of Lot?
How about the dark ages?
Lets not forget Noah's flood
the times of Genghis Khan?
The time before modern medicine ?
I am 70..

We believe He is coming to destroy everything and then recreate. You would have to study the whole of the Scriptures to understand, and believe to see the reality. What (as a non Christian) do you think comes after death? Do you not fear death?
A relationship.

When has it not been morally bankrupt... God is not a looser He is the victor
The times of Lot?
How about the dark ages?
Lets not forget Noah's flood
the times of Genghis Khan?
The time before modern medicine ?
I am 70..
That is true Reba, I'am talking more about in our lifetime, we have seen things go down hill, even according to the prophecy of Christ's. (Matt. 24:4-12) (1 Tim. 4:1-3) (2 Thess. 2:7) The moral bankruptcy is coming from a lot of so called Christians.

Back