Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the world...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
According to Dawkins, natural selection works at the level of the individual organism, not the tribe, nation, or civilisation. Thus evolution only works on some individual when it confers advantage to that individual. If some civilisation survives the dog-eat-dog, devil-take-the-hindmost Darwinian competition for land and resources, that is an accidental benefit to the individuals comprising it, that owes nothing to evolution.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Natural selection works for the tribe also.
If a bird's peak could not pick up food, that type of bird will eventually die.
All of them, because they could not get nourishment.

Anyway, I wasn't discussin Dawkins or Darwin.
What I was asking you had to do with morals.

My question was:
If God was removed from the picture and our morals depended only on our own idea,

1. Who would be in charge of the legality of morals?
2. How many generations do you think it would take before the lack thereof (based on God) caused chaos?

I had mentioned Harris because he believes we could remove God, still have morals to obey, but never says who or how they would be implemented.

IOW, I don't believe we could have an objective moral compass without God.

Back