Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

is there air in heaven

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Unknown. There is speaking in heaven; and here on earth that requires air and breathing. But there? Who knows?

Unknown. There is speaking in heaven; and here on earth that requires air and breathing. But there? Who knows?

Well, through talking to people and hearing testimonies and reading the Word over time it has given me the feeling that...everything we have here on earth, is a type and shadow of things in heaven.

You have never breathed clean air before.
You have never eaten any good food yet.

We know there's good air in heaven. How do we know? Well, if God breathed into Adam the breath of Life...then God is a breathing being. Make sense?

I have heard testimonies from more than one or two different people that all made the statement to the effect of, when God the Father exhales, a new spirit comes into existence. The breath of life you might say.

So He must inhale too, that makes sense. So Yes, there is air in heaven and we will breath.

We know there's good air in heaven. How do we know? Well, if God breathed into Adam the breath of Life...then God is a breathing being. Make sense?

So He must inhale too, that makes sense. So Yes, there is air in heaven and we will breath.
Except - God was on earth when He made man. Adam was NOT in heaven. God was breathing earth air.

Except - God was on earth when He made man. Adam was NOT in heaven. God was breathing earth air.

Except nothing Lol. As above so below, on earth as it is in Heaven? I think everything on earth is a shadow of what is in Heaven.

I heard Christian testimony of someone who was taken up in spirit to the throne room and witnessed God the Father exhaling new living spirits and recounted the wonder of it. He sounded credible to me.

Besides, why wouldn't there be air in Heaven?

Except nothing Lol. As above so below, on earth as it is in Heaven? I think everything on earth is a shadow of what is in Heaven.
Shadow - perhaps. Reality - no.
I heard Christian testimony of someone who was taken up in spirit to the throne room and witnessed God the Father exhaling new living spirits and recounted the wonder of it. He sounded credible to me.

Besides, why wouldn't there be air in Heaven?
Since there is no scripture to back up such a vision, I have my reservations.
As to "why wouldn't there be air in Heaven," I am left with no scripture one way or the other. Which means it was not something God deemed necessary for us to know at this time. And we should be OK with that. There are more critical (IMO) pieces of information which are also left off the plate.

We need to be ok with not knowing.

Deuteronomy 29:29
“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

It does not say we are to try and figure out the things NOT revealed.

How can that be? You're saying that there's a shadow but no one to have casted that shadow. A shadow is a shadow...of something else.

As to "why wouldn't there be air in Heaven," I am left with no scripture one way or the other. Which means it was not something God deemed necessary for us to know at this time. And we should be OK with that. There are more critical (IMO) pieces of information which are also left off the plate.

I am ok with not knowing everything. But we'd also have this scripture, wouldn't we?

Proverbs 25:2
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.../

So it is entirely ok for us to use our eyes to see and our ears to hear and to pick up on tidbits which help us to paint the larger picture of Heaven and god's dwelling place...and people have testified to seeing the Father breath.

Besides, it makes a lot of sense. Our God is a God of creation and the God of life, right? So wherein do ye doubt, Brother?

“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

Yes it does. It says

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.../

I would agree that not all things are for us to know before the appointed time. But there is so much that we don't know, that He wants us to seek out.

Over time, I have noticed that the Lord immediately answers many questions put forth in prayer, and sometimes He remains silent on answering. So He's willing to talk about most things and He enjoys the conversation. But not everything He is willing to answer. So whether or not there is air in Heaven would seem to be a very minor issue in my mind and little reason to conceal that small fact.

And it's not in scripture because it is not a salvific issue I think.

I ran across this scripture tonight and it seems to be the one you asked for.

Psalm 33:6
6 By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.../

So there you go. There is air in Heaven. And since we are commanded to search the scriptures daily I guess we were supposed to try to figure this out. :wink

I would estimate that 90% of scripture is not salvic. It is written for the saved to tell them how to live as saved people.

You keep saying that like it's an unrelated subject but it just aint so. First is salvation and that's not the end of anything but the beginning. Learning to live as a saved people is salvation in action. New creature, new heart, new spirit, being in Christ and Christ in us.

Christ in us flows through us like rivers of living water and it is the dynamics of the believer which allow the glory of God to shine through them unto the world. So you see, you can't really separate the two if Christ be in you!

I ran across this scripture tonight and it seems to be the one you asked for.

Psalm 33:6
6 By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.../

So there you go. There is air in Heaven. And since we are commanded to search the scriptures daily I guess we were supposed to try to figure this out. :wink
The word "breath" there is ruach. It is also the word for spirit. So to me that is still inconclusive.

The word "breath" there is ruach. It is also the word for spirit. So to me that is still inconclusive.

Wait...that confirms what I said that I had heard in people's testimonies. When He breaths, it's a Spirit.

So how's that inconclusive?

Inconclusive as to whether it is actual air or not.

Actual air. So you mean 78% Nitrogen and 21% Oxygen? like we breathe here on earth?

So we know that God created the Heavens and the Earth, right. By God's word He spoke and everything came into existence.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.../

So everything comes from God. So Earth's N2 & O2 also came from God. So why wouldn't it be the same in Heaven as it is on Earth? as above, so below Brother. You know that. What do you mean does God really need nitrogen? It came forth from Him. He already had it, lol.

I'm not saying our N2/O2 intake may not be different in heaven. Maybe our spiritual bodies wont need air to survive but will still use air to speak and such? All that remains to be seen. I dunno.

But even with probable different percentages of N2/O2 in Heaven, the admittedly circumstantial case I have presented absolutely screams, there is air in Heaven...simply because so much of the evidence however circumstantial is coming right out of the word. Breath of life, breath of life, all through the Bible. What's that even mean? We breath. God breaths too. Breathing may be a physiological thing that we do, and maybe God creates anew spirit with every breath, but try not breathing for one hour. You'll be dead. Lol.

Next thing you you'll be telling me that we wont eat in Heaven either. We'll just be these ethereal spirits floating around like a cloud. Lol J/K

Actual air. So you mean 78% Nitrogen and 21% Oxygen? like we breathe here on earth?

So we know that God created the Heavens and the Earth, right. By God's word He spoke and everything came into existence.
Right. He spoke in order to create air. His speech came first, with no air.
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.../

So everything comes from God. So Earth's N2 & O2 also came from God.
Agreed.
So why wouldn't it be the same in Heaven as it is on Earth?
It MIGHT be. But we have no proof of that.
So it becomes an assumption.

It MIGHT be. But we have no proof of that.
So it becomes an assumption.

With no direct evidence, there's no sale? What's wrong with the circumstantial evidence I offered? You said you agree.

Circumstantial evidence is when a witness cannot tell you directly about the fact that is intended to be proved. Instead, the witness presents evidence of other facts that based on a reasonable inference would conclude the fact finder to believe the intended fact to be proved.

Look at the facts. We need air to speak. So was there for God to speak. We're created in His image so have His characteristics within our DNA. Air is our breath of life, or we would die within minutes, yet we live and breath. It still comes from God, so He breaths too, besides scripture says so.

So that's more than a mere assumption. Nevertheless, believe as you wish to believe.

Right. He spoke in order to create air. His speech came first, with no air.

I was just watching a video sermon and in part two of it he starts right out talking about the exact topic that we're discussing. At least listen to the first part where he talks about it ang gives new scriptures and strongs breakdown and so forth.

Essentially, (conclusively?) he makes the point that, You can't talk without air first because speech takes place on the exhale. Try this if you don't believe me, try to talk while inhaling. You can't do it. So in order to exhale air over your vocal chords and speak, first you need to inhale some air.

So I guess it;s one of those which came first chicken or the egg thing. Consequently, they discovered that a vital ingredient of egg shells is not produced by the hens, but transferred to them from a Rooster first. So...
I remember that from childhood, we had chickens. And I remember we had to get one Rooster per every so many hens for them to lay eggs.

Back