Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is there any hope ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

dave91

Hello all. This is my first post. I haven't introduced myself, I don't know if I had before posting a anything else but I'll share my testimony anyway. It will be long, I apologize in advance.

I live in Quebec, in Canada. English is not my first language, so I hope that I won't make too many mistakes. I'm 31 years old, I grew up in a christian home so I've always been aware of the Gospel. But the drama is that in spite of the knowledge that I've always had, I've lived a sinful life nearly all my life, and I found out very recently (like 2 weeks ago) that I have actually never known God, even though I thought I had a relationship with him. I was totally deceived, and I was deceived all my life about many things actually. I neglected him all my life, I sinned very badly, and now I truly believe that it's just too late for waking up.

As a child, I "accepted Jesus in my life". So I thought I was christian because I would pray, I understood his sacrifice on the cross for me and I "accepted it".... At some point I tried to please him by not sinning too much and when I did, I would ask for forgiveness and try to not do it again ... But the problem is that I hadn't commited my life and my being totally to Christ, and I hadn't totally put my faith on what he did for me on the cross. Without I realised it, I wasn't basing my salvation on the cross, but on my works. So even though I prayed as a child and all, I wasn't actually christian. I would pray a God from my imagination.

As a teenager, sin began to influence me more and more, and I just quit praying and all the stuff I did as a child to please God... or rather, to please the God from my imagination. So I just quit praying, going to church, etc and got involved in sins (drug, partying, sexe, etc).

When I was 19 years old, I began to be conscious that I wasn't on the right track. So I restarted to interest myself to God... or rather the God from my fleshy imagination... I started to go on a christian website, I would read stuff... I was starting to feeling more and more sensitive, started to pray again. One day while I was driving in my car I had some christian music on in my radio. And the lyrics were about the love of God and they made me burst out crying. I realised all the wrongs that I commited against a Holy loving God and I asked him for forgiveness and told him I wanted to stop sinning and live for Him. I am pretty sure I actually had the godly sorrow because from that day I really think that my heart had changed. I started to enjoy praying, enjoy going to church, enjoy read His Word, enjoy worshipping, loved people, hated sins. I quitted my sins without difficulties because my heart had changed, and I started loving rightouness and having desires for the Kingdom of God. I remember when I prayed, I would always ask God to make me more and more like Jesus. I felt close to God.

But in spite of all that, I don't think I was genuinely saved. Maybe I was but today, thinking back of that time, I'm 95% sure I wasn't. At the time I really thought I had given my life to God and was walking with Him, but today I think I hadn't fully surrendered to Jesus and hadn't put my faith 100% on the work the cross. The reason that makes me think that is because I never really had a full insurance of my salvation. I remember that I would often doubt because of all the bad things I had done in the past. Plus, a few weeks after my "conversion", I found out about the blaspheme against the H.S and it terrorized me. From when I found out about this sin, I started to be very scared that I commited. And since I was now aware that there was an unpardonnable sin, I started to have intrusive thoughts that I really didn't want to have, and making me believe that I truly commited it. Had I fully understood that salvation depends only on faith in Jesus-Christ and not on what you have done or haven't done, I would have understood that I hadn't committed it. I understood in my mind that salvation was only about the death of Jesus on the cross, but I think I hadn't received it in my heart, for the reason I just explained. To be perfectly honest I think that without I realised it, I still had a certain pride left that made me base my salvation onto my works, onto the changes that occured in me. I can't believe I was deceived like that because I truly believed that I was Christian.

So in spite of my doubts and my fears, I would continue my so-called christian life normally. I was still able to function normally. But about 1 year after my "conversion", I little by little restarted to make the sins that I previously had got rid of. The reason ? The doubts that I had about my salvation didn't help at all with my relationship with God. But in addition to doubts, there were things in my life that weren't going to my liking. I was starting to become bitter and jealous for the things that some had that I didn't. Over the years, I would sin more and more, and repent less and less. One night, I had sexe with a girl I didn't know that I met at a bar. And instead of repenting, that made me feel like restarting. I started wanting to sleep with women. That's what led me to consciously forsake God and to stop repenting. I feel so bad and so condemned for what I just wrote and for the other things that I am about to write.

In my mind, I never meant to forsake God for a long term. I had those very bad fleshy selfish lust that I wanted to fulfill, and I thought that I could temporarily leave God, and come back later on. I thought that it would last only a few weeks or a few months and then after that I would come back fully to him. But I was such a fool. I went on like that for 5 or 6 years actually. It started with wanting to date women, but one bad desire led to other sins. I made myself a slave of sexe, I became perverted. I just can't believe how pathetic I was for leaving God for that. During those years, I was perfectly aware that I was very wrong, but I kept getting stubborn and telling myself that I eventually would repent. There were actually a few times where I had asked God for forgiveness and tried to come back at Him and quit my sinful life. But in my heart I would not be sincere enough so I would go back to my sinful lifestyle.

My conscience told me many times that I was playing a dangerous game. I didn't listen it, thinking that I would never got to a point where I wouldn't be able to repent. Again, what I was such a fool. I took God for granted, I thought that at the moment I turn to Him, he would forgive me. But I had no peace at all.

This backsliding period went on for more than 5 years, until the day I became totally distress. All my joy left me, I became depressed, sad. Life became so pointless. Everything I was doing seemed to be pointless. I realised the mistake I made of turning away from God so I tried to come back to Him and since that day I've quitted all my sins and all my fleshy desires.

It's been now 5 months that I have been seeking Him but I can't see Him. Many times I have asked Him for forgiveness, cried out for help, asked Him to take my life and to do whatever he wants with it. The problem is that all those requests I've been asking Him come only from my mind, but not from my heart so I am not restored and not forgiven. I've quitted all my sins and all my lusts, but they haven't been replaced by anything good so I am just totally empty inside. All those years living in sins caused my heart to harden and to become very selfish, evil, proud... My mind fully understand the ugliness of my sins and want to flee them, but my heart still love them despite all the damage that they cause. My mind wants Jesus and God so bad, but my heart resists and would like to do whatever it wants. So there is this division in my being going on, and it makes me suffer. I need God so much, but I am pretty sure that he left me with myself and with my corrupted sinful nature and with my rotten flesh. I simply can't serve God, can't do anything good work and can't have any good thoughts. That's what I get for thinking that I could neglect God, for thinking that I was better than most people.

Anyway... I am just pathetic. I could continue but I'll stop here. I wish I was able to cling on Jesus and on what he did for me on the cross but I can't. I'm stuck with myself and its sinful nature. Is there anything can do to suffer less ?

Is there any hope ?​

Yes, absolutely!!! Doubts are not easy to deal with. We all have them. That's one of Satan's best tactics. Even Jesus' disciples had doubts. Peter doubted while walking on water (Matthew 14:22-33). Peter doubted and denied knowing Jesus after His arrest (Matthew 26:59-75) All of His disciples doubted when he was arrested for they all fled (Matthew 26:55, Mark 14:50). They doubted and went into hiding after His resurrection and didn't believe it when they heard of His rising (Luke 24:9-12).

We all have to fight our sinful ways and we all fall short as Paul tells us in Romans 3:23. Loving the Lord is evident in your dissatisfaction with being unable to control yourself. If you really didn't love your Savior, you wouldn't care that you commit sin. Read Romans Chapter 7 starting at verse 15 and you'll see that Paul too struggled as you do. It is for this very reason that we need a Savior. We are incapable of doing it ourselves. This has been proven time and time again.

This does not mean that we give up (Galatians 6:9). We are called to persevere to the end (Matthew 24:13).

And know this, "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:12-14 NKJV)
And this...
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
(1 John 1:9 NKJV)

And this....
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV)

Keep pressing forward, read and study the Scriptures, open your heart always to the teaching of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes things take time but it is always in God's due time.

Last edited:
Hello dave91.
After reading your post, I don't believe you've ever heard the real gospel.
Continuing in sin, after you've heard the gospel, is like pounding nails into the hands of our Savior.....because that's what the cross of Christ is.....men hating Christ God in flesh.)
I do not believe you would pound nails into the hand of our innocent Lord. So.....repent of your sins..... and walk with him.😊

Hi dave91 and welcome to CF :wave2

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I feel your problem is that you are not diligently seeking God with your heart, but only as you said, with your mind. It's a Spiritual relationship we have with Christ as within the Spiritual rebirth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit Jesus talked about in John 3:5-7. Your heart is being pricked like those mentioned in Acts 2:14-41 after hearing the word as I do not believe you have ever been baptized in the Holy Spirit, but only trying to go through the emotions of trying to be a Christian.

Just because we are a Christian it doesn't mean that Satan will quit trying to steal our faith, but we learn how to stand against him as the flesh and Spirit will always war against it other, Galatians 5:16-26; Ephesians 6:10-20.

You have taken the first step admitting you need to surrender yourself to Jesus, now continue to seek Him everyday and learn of Him and all His ways. Plus we are here to help you and encourage you in your walk with the Lord and you can ask us anything that will help you grow in the Lord.

dave91,

Here's more. By the way, if you don't already know this, when I color the quoted Scripture passages red, those are the words of our Savior, Jesus.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled."

Matthew 5:6 NKJV

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV

Hopefully, we are helping you understand that there is in fact always hope. Our hope comes through the Christ, Jesus, for He sacrificed Himself for all of us including YOU! Never give up hope for He is always there for you, like He told His disciples as recorded in the last verse of Matthew's gospel. "And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:20 NKJV

Thank you for your responses but in my case I think it's just too late. I matches perfectly with those spoken in Hebrew 6 4-6. I tasted the light, the Holy Spirit, but I fell away after. My heart keeps condemning me and I can't come to Jesus with faith. I asked him to help me, to soften my heart, to help me love Him, to help me believe in Him with all my heart, but nothing happen. Everything is with my mind, but my heart is dead. I don't know if there is anything I can do to make my situation less worse.

I need God so much, but I am pretty sure that he left me with myself and with my corrupted sinful nature and with my rotten flesh. I simply can't serve God, can't do anything good work and can't have any good thoughts. That's what I get for thinking that I could neglect God, for thinking that I was better than most people.

Someone who has abandoned God, who is hopelessly lost would not be worried about being without God.

There are parables Jesus told about persisting in seeking him, so continue to seek him.

You makle no mention of attending church, please check out the christianityexplored web site for a church in your area, if they have a course, sign up for it, otherwise start attending that church.

Someone who has abandoned God, who is hopelessly lost would not be worried about being without God.

There are parables Jesus told about persisting in seeking him, so continue to seek him.

You makle no mention of attending church, please check out the christianityexplored web site for a church in your area, if they have a course, sign up for it, otherwise start attending that church.
What about Hebrews 6 4-6 or Hebrews 10 26-29 ? Sorry, I should have mentionned this in my OP. I match perfectly with those talked about in those verses. You really believe that I still can be saved after all what I've done in my life, in addition of always being aware of the Gospel ? I feel like I went too far and I am terrified. Can you tell me which parables you are talking about ?

This backsliding period went on for more than 5 years, until the day I became totally distress. All my joy left me, I became depressed, sad. Life became so pointless. Everything I was doing seemed to be pointless. I realised the mistake I made of turning away from God so I tried to come back to Him and since that day I've quitted all my sins and all my fleshy desires.

It's been now 5 months that I have been seeking Him but I can't see Him. Many times I have asked Him for forgiveness, cried out for help, asked Him to take my life and to do whatever he wants with it. The problem is that all those requests I've been asking Him come only from my mind, but not from my heart so I am not restored and not forgiven. I've quitted all my sins and all my lusts, but they haven't been replaced by anything good so I am just totally empty inside. All those years living in sins caused my heart to harden and to become very selfish, evil, proud... My mind fully understand the ugliness of my sins and want to flee them, but my heart still love them despite all the damage that they cause. My mind wants Jesus and God so bad, but my heart resists and would like to do whatever it wants. So there is this division in my being going on, and it makes me suffer. I need God so much, but I am pretty sure that he left me with myself and with my corrupted sinful nature and with my rotten flesh. I simply can't serve God, can't do anything good work and can't have any good thoughts. That's what I get for thinking that I could neglect God, for thinking that I was better than most people.

Anyway... I am just pathetic. I could continue but I'll stop here. I wish I was able to cling on Jesus and on what he did for me on the cross but I can't. I'm stuck with myself and its sinful nature. Is there anything can do to suffer less ?

It's always amazing to me how accurately the Bible describes what happens to those who know God's way and turn from it. In particular, your story reminds me how patient and merciful God is in dealing with us. The first moment you turned from Him, He could have simply smashed you flat. Instead, over the course of years, He's let you taste the full bitter emptiness of the path you freely chose to take and thus teach you the truth about sin.

Do you know the story of the Prodigal Son? (Luke 15:11-32) After the Prodigal had played the foolish wastrel in a distant country, he found himself in a pig-pen (a particularly offensive place to the Jews to whom Jesus first told the story), scraping about for the food the pigs were given. In the midst of the filth and degradation of the pig-pen, the Prodigal thinks to himself, "I will return to my father and confess my sin against him." Why did he think this? None of the pigs in the pen were having similar thoughts. They were, of course, pigs and quite content to remain in the mire and stink of their pen. The Prodigal thought as he did because he was his father's son. No matter the foulness into which he had descended, no matter the ugly filth of his life, he was not a pig, but a son. Only sons (or daughters) of the Heavenly Father look up from the pigpen of sin and think to return to Him.

I think you've misunderstood the basis upon which God forgives you and I and accepts us as His children. There is only one doorway to God, who is Jesus Christ.

John 10:7-9 (NASB)
7 So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 14:6 (NASB)
6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Only by being "in Christ" can one approach God and be accepted by Him. When, by faith, you trust in Christ as your Savior from your sin, and yield yourself to him as your Lord, God's word says that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9) comes to live within you. And when he does, he "clothes" you in Christ, justifying and sanctifying you, filling you with new, spiritual life, and making you acceptable to God.

Revelation 3:20 (NASB)
20 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

How does one "open the door" to Christ? Paul the apostle explains:

Romans 10:9-10 (NASB)
9 ...if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

When, by faith, you confess (that is, agree) that Jesus is your Lord and trust that he has risen from the dead as your atoning Savior, he comes to dwell within you in the Person of the Holy Spirit, "baptizing" you, by the Spirit, into himself. Paul explains:

Titus 3:5-6 (NASB)
5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Here, Paul is really clear that the Holy Spirit "regenerates and renews" a person spiritually ONLY because God is merciful and has made a way through Jesus for the Spirit to fill them with himself, with the life of Christ. What we do, our good deeds, have no part whatever to play in why God accepts us. It is ONLY because of what Jesus did for us on the cross that God is willing to accept anyone as His own, a "joint-heir with Christ" (Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Timothy 1:9; Romans 8:17).

There's nothing you've got that God wants, really. His interest is in perfection - that's the only standard of conduct He'll accept - and the only place it exists is within Himself. God, then, must give us His perfection, which He does in the Person of the Holy Spirit. But it's only because Jesus has "bridged the gap" between us and God by dying in our place for our evil deeds that his Spirit is given to us. Anyway, by faith, the saved person, the spiritually born-again person (John 3:3-7), has "put on the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 13:14), they are "clothed" in him, in his perfection, and so are made acceptable to God. This is the SOLE basis for our being able to approach God freely and confidently as one of His adopted children.

Continued below.

Why am I telling you all this? Because when you properly understand why God accepts you as one of His own, when you see that it is ONLY because of Christ, because of what he has done for you and who he is, that you are saved, you will cease to fear that your wandering into the "pigpen of sin" has dissolved the fact that you are God's son. Like the Prodigal Son, you are looking up from the filth and desperation of the pigpen as no pig would do and wanting to return to your Heavenly Father. This is only what a child of God would do. Well, just as the father in the Prodigal Son story was waiting with open arms for his boy, God waits for you, by your repentance from, and confession of, your sin (1 John 1:9; James 4:6-10), to "come home" to Him, immediately restoring you to fellowship with Himself when you do.

Paul the apostle wrote,

Romans 7:15-19 (NASB)
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.
17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

Sound familiar?

God has given us all natural, fleshly impulses, but we have a "sin nature," a propensity toward uncontrolled selfishness, that "feeds" those impulses to an inordinate and destructive degree when not controlled by the Holy Spirit. And the more we feed those impulses in a wrong way, in a way not under God's control, the larger and hungrier those impulses grow, not ever truly satisfied by being fed, but only inflamed. As a result, when we begin to suffer the damage, and emptiness, and dissatisfaction of a life of sin and think to return again to God, we discover that our sinful indulgence has created habits of thought and action that fight fiercely against God's constraining control.

We don't have in ourselves the ability to win free of our sinfulness. We couldn't rid ourselves of Sin's stain and we can't, by ourselves, win free of Sin's power. No, instead, the stain of sin is cleansed by the blood of Christ poured out for us at Calvary, and the power of Sin is broken by the cross of Christ to which our "old man," the person we are without God, has been nailed.

Romans 6:1-12 (NASB)
1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?
2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?
4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,
6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;
7 for he who has died is freed from sin.
8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts,

All that remains is for you and I to know and believe it and stand unmoved upon who we have become in Jesus Christ. This isn't something we do because we feel it is true that we are dead to sin and alive unto God, or because we see it is true, but because we have chosen to believe what Paul has written above and to act on it. At the same time, we must be always submitted to God, to His will and way, for there is no victory in our position in Jesus Christ apart from surrender to him. The only way we can walk with Him is as His inferior, as sheep to Shepherd, branch to Vine, child to Father, slave to Master. We follow His will and way, never the reverse. And so long as we do, God works in us by His Spirit, changing our desires, thinking and conduct over time so that, more and more, we manifest Jesus Christ in our living.

Romans 6:13 (NASB)
13 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Romans 8:12-14 (NASB)
12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh—
13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Romans 12:1 (NASB)
1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

James 4:6-8 (NASB)
6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."
7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...

1 Peter 5:6 (NASB)
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin, documentation, Matthew 10:20 . All sins are forgivable, just repent sins to God and have faith the sins are forgivable. Some churches put people on guilt trip, and practice absolution, priests cannot forgive sins, only Jesus can forgive sins. James chapter 1:5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, That gives to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. HAPLOS in Greek means = liberally. Have faith, and trust, and pray to God for understanding. All wisdom and knowledge comes from God. I recommend you buy king James companion bible and strong concordance. Destiny publishers of merrimac Massachusetts sells these books. Google their phone number and call them for ordering sheet. It will be worth the investment. I have both, and Greek lexicon, by dr e w bullinger.

What about Hebrews 6 4-6 or Hebrews 10 26-29 ? Sorry, I should have mentionned this in my OP. I match perfectly with those talked about in those verses. You really believe that I still can be saved after all what I've done in my life, in addition of always being aware of the Gospel ? I feel like I went too far and I am terrified. Can you tell me which parables you are talking about ?
Hebrews 6:4-6 is not meant for you.
It's meant for the Jews at the time that had come to believe in Jesus.
But they were so used to being under the Law that they felt it couldn't be so easy as to trust in a "person" but that they had to follow all the Laws of Moses. 613 of them.

So, having tasted of the goodness of Jesus, and THEN going back to the Law was a slap in the face to the sacrifice of Jesus.

Yes, read the story of the Prodigal Son and remember that Jesus told this parable.
The father was waiting with open arms for his son to return home.
The father was so happy that his son was found, AGAIN.

Remember that Jesus went after the lost sheep/lamb.
He had 99 others, but He went looking for the lost one too because the shepherd loves His sheep.

I agree with Who Me....those that are lost are not worried about it.

Stay close to God, do your best and you'll find that as you grow older you'll be able to do better...
but only when it's the right time and God tells you to. On your own time or desire you can do nothing.
But God is patient, not willing that any perish. 2 Peter 3:9

Stop worrying and enjoy knowing God !
Welcome to the forum.

Come to Me all you that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you REST.
Jesus

Hebrews 6:4-6 is not meant for you.
It's meant for the Jews at the time that had come to believe in Jesus.
But they were so used to being under the Law that they felt it couldn't be so easy as to trust in a "person" but that they had to follow all the Laws of Moses. 613 of them.

So, having tasted of the goodness of Jesus, and THEN going back to the Law was a slap in the face to the sacrifice of Jesus.

Yes, read the story of the Prodigal Son and remember that Jesus told this parable.
The father was waiting with open arms for his son to return home.
The father was so happy that his son was found, AGAIN.

Remember that Jesus went after the lost sheep/lamb.
He had 99 others, but He went looking for the lost one too because the shepherd loves His sheep.

I agree with Who Me....those that are lost are not worried about it.

Stay close to God, do your best and you'll find that as you grow older you'll be able to do better...
but only when it's the right time and God tells you to. On your own time or desire you can do nothing.
But God is patient, not willing that any perish. 2 Peter 3:9

Stop worrying and enjoy knowing God !
Welcome to the forum.

Come to Me all you that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you REST.
Jesus
Thank you but this parable doesn't apply to me because I've never been God's Son. I'm not a Prodigal Son, just someone who "tasted" without ever having the saving faith, and fell back after. Like those described in Hebrews 6: 4-6. I try to ignore this verse, thinking that if I truly repent and truly believe, God will forgive me. But I can't. My repentance and my faith are self-generated by my mind.

Thank you but this parable doesn't apply to me because I've never been God's Son. I'm not a Prodigal Son, just someone who "tasted" without ever having the saving faith, and fell back after. Like those described in Hebrews 6: 4-6. I try to ignore this verse, thinking that if I truly repent and truly believe, God will forgive me. But I can't. My repentance and my faith are self-generated by my mind.
What did you "fall back" from?

If you fell back...it was from something.
What was it?

What is your faith supposed to be generated by if not your mind?
If you're sorry for being a sinner, then you're sorry.
What does TRULY REPENT mean?
What does TRULY BELIEVE mean?

I think God loves you more than you love yourself...

You know how if Windows on your PC crashes and it can be repaired by going back to a reset and recovery point 💻.
Here is your reset point, this paragraph in the OP . Are you praying, are you listening to Christian music, are you going to church , are you asking for guidance from other committed Christians (besides here) ?
When I was 19 years old, I began to be conscious that I wasn't on the right track. So I restarted to interest myself to God... or rather the God from my fleshy imagination... I started to go on a christian website, I would read stuff... I was starting to feeling more and more sensitive, started to pray again. One day while I was driving in my car I had some christian music on in my radio. And the lyrics were about the love of God and they made me burst out crying. I realised all the wrongs that I commited against a Holy loving God and I asked him for forgiveness and told him I wanted to stop sinning and live for Him. I am pretty sure I actually had the godly sorrow because from that day I really think that my heart had changed. I started to enjoy praying, enjoy going to church, enjoy read His Word, enjoy worshipping, loved people, hated sins. I quitted my sins without difficulties because my heart had changed, and I started loving rightouness and having desires for the Kingdom of God. I remember when I prayed, I would always ask God to make me more and more like Jesus. I felt close to God.
If you would have blasphemed HS in the past you would not be here asking for help .

? I feel like I went too far and I am terrified.
You are the one who is judging yourself, not God. A guilty conscience is a sign that you are not abandoned.

Look for the stories of the persistent beggar who cried out to Jesus even louder when the crowds tried to shut him out, the phocenin woman, the story of the unjust judge.

There is al;so 1 John1:9 God is faithfull and will forgive us our sins and purifies us from unrighteousness.

You say nothing about your church, If they practice what they preach talk to the minister and be regular in your attendance.

What did you "fall back" from?

If you fell back...it was from something.
What was it?

What is your faith supposed to be generated by if not your mind?
1st question : I fell back from the light I tasted that made me see the beauty of God, the ugliness of sin, but without having truly received Jesus in my life by faith... 😕

2nd question : isn't it supposed to be the Holy Spirit who draws you to Christ, then you repent with your heart ? I don't feel that at all. I keep asking for forgiveness, but all my repentance is only self-generated by my mind, not by the Holy Spirit. So it doesn't give me the confidence that I am forgiven, nor does it give me the faith that you have in your heart. Maybe I explain it wrong or I am just mistaking, but I don't think so and I know that I don't have the true saving fate. Only a fake faith, produced by my mind ...

1st question : I fell back from the light I tasted that made me see the beauty of God, the ugliness of sin, but without having truly received Jesus in my life by faith... 😕

2nd question : isn't it supposed to be the Holy Spirit who draws you to Christ, then you repent with your heart ? I don't feel that at all. I keep asking for forgiveness, but all my repentance is only self-generated by my mind, not by the Holy Spirit. So it doesn't give me the confidence that I am forgiven, nor does it give me the faith that you have in your heart. Maybe I explain it wrong or I am just mistaking, but I don't think so and I know that I don't have the true saving fate. Only a fake faith, produced by my mind ...
Here's more that may be helpful.

Make God the #1 focus in your life always. God first, everything else second.
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 16-19 NKJV

Live, think, act, and speak in obedience to our Lord always. Yes, it can be difficult because we continually rebel for we prefer to be our own gods and not let God be our god.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
John 15:7 NKJV

I have said this many times over the years here on CFnet, "Whether you want to or not, just believe." Too often we look for superficial proof or experiences in order to believe but that is not faith. Have faith in God and have faith in Jesus. Trust Him. REALLY trust Him.
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have
them."
Mark 11:22-24 NKJV

Pray from your heart honestly and truthfully, not from your head vainly. Open up yourself to accept the Holy Spirit into your life. He will not force Himself upon you. Take that step to let go of your own personal desires and pride and let Him take the wheel of your life, to coin a phrase by Carrie Underwood.
6 "But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
7 And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words."

Matthew 6:6-7 NKJV

Read the Bible, daily. Meditate on what is revealed to you. Even those who read for years, like myself, we learn more all the time.

Stop dwelling on the past and look to the future in communion with Christ.
God bless and keep you.

Hi Dave,
I very much like what WIP said in post 18.

QUESTION 1
I don't know what you mean by receiving Jesus in your life by faith.
There's so much muddy language going around these days that I'm beginning to find it difficult to even talk to like-believers.

God is no mystery.
He made us, He loves us, He would like it if we loved Him back.
This is how we love Him back:
We acknowledge that He exists.
We tell Him we are going to live for Him.
That's it.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Look how simple the above verse is:
He who comes to God must believe that He exists.
God is a rewarder of those WHO SEEK HIM.

You're seeking Him.
You know He exists.
There's not much more that you have to do.
Sometimes we get a nice fuzzy feeling from the Holy Spirit, and sometimes we don't.
We don't go by our feelings, but by what we know to be true.

I don't know what you think faith is....
It's simply believing that God exists and that you could live for Him.
Live for Him just means to do what you think would please Him, and, with any good fortune,
you'll know more and more as you go along in life.
It could take a month or years, but if you keep walking with God by your side, you're already saved.

You said you don't think you're a son that the Father was waiting to come back.
And yet, here you are, trying to come back.

Stop trying and just enjoy living like a son of God.
1 John 3:1
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are.

Look how simple it is:
John 3:16
16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

QUESTION TWO

The Holy Spirit draws everyone.
Some reply with a yes and some reply with a no.
You don't wait around waiting for some feeling in your heart, or any other feeling.
God awards those who answer yes.
You've already replied and you don't even know it.
Jesus said He would draw everyone to Himself.
You're being drawn whether you realize it or not.
You've already answered with a Yes.
Start living like a son of God because you are one.

It's amazing how the Holy Spirit speaks through others, but we don't recognize it, sometimes for years.
It's also amazing how quickly obeying Jesus opens our own minds to his Spirit.
It will be exciting for you to ask our living God to help you as you walk with Jesus and see how your understanding of God changes. 😊

Back