Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is this herecy/blasphemy?

Is it ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

Homeskillet

Universal Reconciliation...I don't wanna debate or argue...I just need to know....

IS IT HERECY?

Thank you.

Not necessarily. It is possible for all Christians to come together under one savior and rejoice together. We should do it.

Problem is, no matter how you slice it, you'll end up with a doctrine that either dosn't cut it scripturally, or cannot be lived with by some who prefer a loose interpretation. In the end, you'd jsut end up with a split again anyway.

Homeskillet said:
Universal Reconciliation...I don't wanna debate or argue...I just need to know....

IS IT HERECY?

Thank you.

Hi there!

:angel:

Since universalism teaches that all will be saved, then it is a heresy.

~serapha~

"God is the Saviour of all men, especially those who believe."
1 Tim. 4:10

It is heresy to deny "any" of The Word.

Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Who are those who found the "broad path" that leads to "destruction?"

Only "christians" believe that 95-99% of mankind will "burn forever in torture in the Lake of fire" though there is not one named person in the entire Bible that is said to be going to suffer this fate, or even be threatened with such a fate.

Have you considered you found "the broad path" that leads to destruction of nearly all???

Then you may be part of the "many" who have found the destruction path. It was laid before your eyes and it is true to "test" your "love." Did you "pass?"

All of the destruction texts can stand against the devil and his messengers for whom they are written, yet mankind "is" forgiven of every sin including blasphemy directly by The Words and Work of Jesus Christ.

"Few" find The Way that leads to Life.

enjoy!

smaller

1 Tim. 4:10

It is heresy to deny "any" of The Word.

Heresies start by taking Scripture out of context.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And how do we show that we believe in him?

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Is that scripture True Free? (1 Tim. 4:10) I do not have to contextualize out my neighbors.

Is this one true?:

1 John 4:14
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Is this one true?:

John 12:47
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

How do you judge "any man" who "hears" and "believes not???"

Perhaps you have a "different measure" to these who do not believe than Jesus did??? Perhaps you measure eternal damnation to these rather than as Jesus measures to them, "I judge him not?"

It is Jesus' Word that will judge that man on the last day and The Word that Jesus spoke is already written: "I judge him not." That Word will not change.

Jesus also said "The Father judges no man."

Yet there is judgement and eternal condemnation in The Lake of Fire. I believe "every Word" that comes from God.

Men "will live" by every Word that comes from the mouth of God. He will draw "all men" to Himself and He will cast out "no one" who comes to Him. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God.

Satan and his messengers will not make such a confession. These were made as "anti-Christ." They cannot do but what they do.

The reason we do not "see" them, is that these things live in "mankind" as well. All "have" sin as a "present tense" condition. Men will be forgiven. They will not, but do as they were sent to do. Resist.

Find this separation of men and the "things" that indwell them, and you will know Your Life and you will find no contention in The Word on these matters. You will know then that you can love your neighbor as yourself, and the measure of that Love of God to all is more than to merely say "save yourself from God."

enjoy!

smaller

smaller,

That's some pretty selective verses you have there. As I stated, everything must be taken in context - starting with the surrounding verses, then the whole chapter, then the whole book, then the whole Bible.

Please reconcile your/UR view with the following:

John 3:14-16, "14 "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:36, "'He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.'"

John 5:24,28-29, "24 'Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life....28 "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.'"

John 6:40, "'For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.'"

Rom. 10:9, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;"

Shall I continue? There are many more verses to support this. Yes, Jesus died for the sins of the world so that all might be saved, but it is only those who believe in Jesus that will be saved. This is continuous throughout Scripture and only by ignoring large portions of Scripture can one come to the conclusion that all will be saved someday.

:o I'm in shock that we even have to defend the fact that not everyone is and or will be saved.... :o

blueberry pie said:
mhess13 said:
total destructive heresy!

Please give an example why you think it is destructive.

Why do I think it's destructive? Well for one it teaches a lie straight from the pit of hell. Number 2, if everyone is going to be reconciled/saved anyway, then that kind of takes the zeal and the sense of urgency out of evangelism don't you think?

He did die for the sins of the world but you must accept that sacrifice.....You must walk through the blood at the foot of the cross of Calvalary...there is no "catch you later gator"...type of salvation....Choose this day whom you will serve?

No free ticket to do what you please all your life and at the last day decide you will serve him...

The Gospel has already been taken in print or oral form such as missionaries, radio, TV......... to 95 per cent of th world...there wil be no excuse...all will have the chance to hear before the end comes....

I would think that UR is more destructive as many will die thinking they will be saved anyway. Heck, it would a much easier life if I could do what I please and still get saved.

Free said:
I would think that UR is more destructive as many will die thinking they will be saved anyway. Heck, it would a much easier life if I could do what I please and still get saved.

Yeah, and why would a missionary die to bring the gospel to an unreached people if everyone was saved anyway? Think of all the great men and women of God who have gone before us and given their life, property, faced torture and hardship to reach people with the saving gospel. Teaching UR is a slap in the face to those who have spilled their blood for the cause of Christ

What IS herecy?

Is it anything that goes against the Scriptures? And with so many different interpretations of Scripture how do you know? Can't one man's herecy be another man's doctrine?

Some say tattoos go against the scripture...others say they don't.
Some say Sunday is the Sabbath and must be honored...others say it's Saturday.
Some say it's ok for women to hold a pastoral position...others say it's not.

Is it herecy when it goes against YOUR interpretation of the Bible? Because everyone has different interpretations...how do you know what the TRUTH is?

So, how do you really know??

mhess13 said:
Why do I think it's destructive? Well for one it teaches a lie straight from the pit of hell.

Strong words there my friend. :sad Why is it from the pits of hell? You think Satan is sitting there gleefully rubbing his hands together, with a wicked grin on his face, thinking, "Come my pretties, come ... I already have 90% of all mankind for eternity ... now I shall have even more, perhaps all of you!" :o

mhess13 said:
Number 2, if everyone is going to be reconciled/saved anyway, then that kind of takes the zeal and the sense of urgency out of evangelism don't you think?

Now this is a typical comment and one which I find quite disturbing. I ask you, what is your motive for evangelizing?

Do you share the gospel to save people from hellfire, or do you share the gospel cuz you want others to know our sweet Saviour, our loving God who will fill us with joy in our Salvation?

What's your motive? Avoiding hellfire or being loved?

Eve777 said:
The Gospel has already been taken in print or oral form such as missionaries, radio, TV......... to 95 per cent of th world...there wil be no excuse...all will have the chance to hear before the end comes....

What about that 5% that hasn't heard yet? What about all those who have already died but never heard the gospel? What about them?

Back