Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Know God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This thought jumped out at me last night, so I just wanted to share it. Get your guys' thoughts on it. You know the old phrase about finding oppurtunities like a new job, or a promotion, "it's not what you know, but who you know." This is usually talking about the need to having a good contact to let you get in the door.

The same is kind of true when it comes to our faith. Knowing more helps just like it helps a person seeking a career knowing more and having experience helps them get hired on and do well in the workplace, and knowing more will help us in our faith and our walk with God. But before that it still comes down to who you know,more then what you know. I've read a few stories of people leaving their faith because they just didn't know if God was real or not. They might have known a lot and studied a lot when they started questioning their faith, but they didn't know God. Somehow didn't know or didn't realize that God was there when they prayed, or lived their lives.

Just a thought. Hope you all enjoyed it.

What came to my mind reading this is about our personal relationship with Christ. It's all well and good to learn about Him, but in personally knowing Him the greater our faith is built up in Him as He opens the door of opportunities in our life.

Back