Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

-JaY-

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

-JaY-

Hello brothers and sisters,
My name is Jay (short for Jason), I'm 26 and I live in a small town in Ohio. I have a family of my wife with two boys with another on the way in October. We are all very devouted to our dear Lord. My line of work is along the criminal justice route; specifically in the corrections department. Before this I was active-duty Air Force as a military police officer for four years.
My Christian life started a little over three years ago when I became serious about wanting to know what the meaning of this life was. I always kinda believed there was a God since my youth but never really went the distance in trying to find out who He was/is until recently. My wife got me into church while we were still dating and I've been going ever since. I remember the day I was baptised that I made a deal with God which entailed me asking to always be a member of His family. Part of the prayer was based on the seeds parable in that I asked Him to not let me be the seed on the rocks or in the weeds. I knew I had heard the word and received it with joy so I no longer had the excuse of being the seed on the road. To the present I'm still very involved in church inparticular with the youth. However, I still find my growth in Christ lacking b/c of the passiveness of my church and members surrounding me. I do a lot of my own research and have become a little independent in my walk so I felt the need to find others like me to test my own faith. This is what lead me here. I look forward to meet you all.

-Jay

That's so cool. Criminal Justice sounds interesting, you hold go more in depth on what's that's about. Air Force Cop eh? That's cool. Personally I have been really interested in forensics science and dream about maybe joining the Naval Criminal Investigative Services. Lol...I've talked to the head recruiting director and he use to be a forensics scientist for them then got promoted to agent, then recruitment... I love all types of that kind of stuff except I mainly like NCIS because it's civilian and I have no interest in joining the Navy. Wow Im really rambling...sorry

God Bless Justin

Unfortunately Im working in a jail at the moment. Dealing hands on with some of the people who come in here gets to be quite depressing. Especially because it's in such contrast to what I want to be around.

-Jay

Back