Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega the first and the last

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Isaiah says "there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me"
If what Jesus said is true namely "I and the Father are one " is Isaiah simply confused?

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega the first and the last. He is also, the beginning and the end (Rev 22:13).

The Word of God starts with these words, In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. The Alpha and Omega the first and the last represents the only true Creator who knew the end before the beginning was even established. The word of God ends with these words in the final chapter, I am Alpha and Omega the first and the last. Christ is the beginning and the end, referring to the end of this age.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

The Alpha and Omega the first and the last are titles given to a singular God who is called by many wonderful names throughout Holy Scripture.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he

I the LORD <H3068>, the first <H7223>, and with the last <H314>; I am he.

The above verse speaks of the first and the last, the words added (and with) are a futile attempt to distort Holy Scripture, and give God two distinct persons. This grave distortion actually has its genesis in the very first book of the Bible.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..

The words let us, and our, are inserted without just cause.

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega the first and the last
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

The three words, (and his redeemer H1350) in reality should be changed to (the) redeemer. In this verse, the added words (and his) are again very much incorrect.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

All three of the above verses speak of Christ who is the Alpha and Omega the first and the last. And as Isa 44:6 correctly states, besides Him, there is no God.

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Jesus made it very clear that there was but one God when He said, I even the Father are one. He never alluded to a single God with distinct persons (John 10:30).

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; even one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God (elōhîm) created the heaven and the earth.

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega the first and the last and our Redeemer
Isaiah 41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

The Lord <H3068>, and thy redeemer <H1350>, the Holy One <H6918>

This verse states that Yahweh the Redeemer is holy, the words (and thy) are but a pathetic excuse to justify separate persons of a so-called Godhead.

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega the first and the last and our Savior. Yahweh himself declared, that there was no other God besides Himself and that He was a just God and a Saviour (Isaiah 45:21).

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Alpha and Omega the first and the last, most assuredly refer to Yahweh and Yahshua who proceeded forth from Him. If this is not the case then Isaiah and Titus, as well as John and Jude, represent fraudulent gospels (Jude 1:25, John 4:42).

Isaiah 43:10-11 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

This verse in Isaiah makes it very clear, there is but one God and one Savior and none other.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Isa 45:23 and Rom 14:11 speak of the same one True God.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Hosea speaks of Yahweh who is the only Savior as does Zechariah. The mystery of God that is hidden to most can be found in 1 Tim 3:16.

Zech 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Zech 9:16 And the Lord their God shall save them in that day…

Alpha and Omega are Greek words, John was writing in the language of the day and Alpha and Omega in English would be A and Z and in Hebrew, it would be Aleph and Tav.

AZ is not a word so the translators took it out.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he

I the LORD <H3068>, the first <H7223>, and with the last <H314>; I am he.

The above verse speaks of the first and the last, the words added (and with) are a futile attempt to distort Holy Scripture, and give God two distinct persons. This grave distortion actually has its genesis in the very first book of the Bible.
So far, it is only your opinion. Where is your evidence that any words were added here?

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..

The words let us, and our, are inserted without just cause.
Again, where is your evidence that words were added?

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

The three words, (and his redeemer H1350) in reality should be changed to (the) redeemer. In this verse, the added words (and his) are again very much incorrect.
Once again, where is your evidence that words were added?

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Jesus made it very clear that there was but one God when He said, I even the Father are one. He never alluded to a single God with distinct persons (John 10:30).
To point out the obvious, if Jesus was leaving to go to the Father, how is that not two distant persons? Why would he just not say he was going to go and be the Father again? No one, not even Jesus, would say that they are going to go be with themselves. That is nonsense.

John 17:1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you,
2 since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.
3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. (ESV)

The entire chapter of John 17 is Jesus praying to the Father, using first and second person personal pronouns. No one, and I mean no one, does this, except those who can't tell reality from fantasy. Sane people talk like this only when they're talking to another actual person. It takes two distinct persons to make sense of this discussion.

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; even one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God (elōhîm) created the heaven and the earth.
Great passages and are some of the key ones in understanding the Trinity, in why we have that doctrine in the first place.

And just a note: unless you're citing the KJV or some other non-copyrighted version, you must give the version for copyright reasons, as per the TOS.

It is Yeshua, not Yahshua.

I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to show. If it's that the Trinity is false, there is no passage that you have given that disagrees with the doctrine of the Trinity.

Don't expect any 'evidence' from him. I asked for something as basic as a link to where he is getting this stuff from and got nothing which, IMO makes much of what he says suspect.

Don't expect any 'evidence' from him. I asked for something as basic as a link to where he is getting this stuff from and got nothing which, IMO makes much of what he says suspect.
extremely suspect as where is the original and "correct" translation. I don't remember being this way as an anti-Trinitarian, but I had to have been.

I'm not expecting anything. Last time I asked, he simply stopped posting in that thread. Could be just a coincidence.

Back