Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
How many times have we sat in church hearing from preachers that Salvation is dependant on you and how you perform.

Whether it's...
A) You must clean up your life
B) Do good works
C) Give to the poor / charity
D) Start living better
E) Join a religion

The Bible is against those ideas for Salvation, and the Bible (God's word) stipulates that Salvation is a free gift for YOU, but paid for by God in full.

Feel free to watch the latest short message of hope (by clicking the link below) indicating this, and showing from the Bible that God's gift of eternal life is free to the whosoever.

Jesus paid it ALL for YOU

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

How many times have we sat in church hearing from preachers that Salvation is dependant on you and how you perform.

Whether it's...
A) You must clean up your life
B) Do good works
C) Give to the poor / charity
D) Start living better
E) Join a religion

The Bible is against those ideas for Salvation, and the Bible (God's word) stipulates that Salvation is a free gift for YOU, but paid for by God in full.

Feel free to watch the latest short message of hope (by clicking the link below) indicating this, and showing from the Bible that God's gift of eternal life is free to the whosoever.

Jesus paid it ALL for YOU

Maybe the churches 30 years ago, lol.

Some people will want to begin debating works based salvation vs free gift of God and most people miss the point entirely. Because doing those things that you listed is incidental. A Cause & Effect type of thing.

It merely shows that you are alive and have found God, your Creator. Now that we have been born of the Spirit, and do these things in obedience to God, He will inhabit our very being and make His home with us. Then He said that rivers of living water will flow through us...think about that for a second.

God says that if we will abide in Him, we will walk in love towards Him and all of our brethern on earth. We are to emulate Him and take on the image and mind of Christ. To be one with Christ in spirit. We are in Christ. Now God will bless us. When you are blessed, it is a good thing to go out and bless someone else with the same blessing. In this way, there is flow. Flow makes a river. If we keep blessings to ourselves it is a pond and ponds grow stagnant.

So we naturally are inclined to help more people and make our lives better and all of that. Not about salvation, that's irrevelant at this point. Those good works and deeds are because I met my Creator and what knowing Him has done to me & my heart towards my fellow man, and HIM. Because that's who He is. Our God is so cool! He is so loving and nice that, He delivered gourmet coffee to my door when I was out. What a blessing! I think that's the most coolest testimony that I have. Almighty God delivered one of His servants coffee!

Back