Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Jesus, Peter, & the keys!

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
More here than meets the eye!

Matt 16:15-19

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

How is it that Peter is operating as a mediator between the Father (God) and the apostles (men) with Jesus approving? Why is Peter allowed to act as mediator?

Matt 17:24-27

24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus identifies Himself with Peter!
Why only Jesus & Peter?
Why not all the apostles if they are equal with peter?

Here Peter acts as mediator between men & God! (Jesus Christ)

Again Peter is allowed by Christ to act as mediator?

Is Peter being prepared to act for Christ is His church when Christ ascends to heaven?

Not peters confession of faith but Gods, the Father’s revelation about Christ!

Peter is only the mouthpiece of the Father, to bring truth to the apostles!

Apostolic church is the mouthpiece
Truth to the nations!

God chose Peter! Acts 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago (referring to matt 16:18) God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Again Peter acting as mediator between God and men and is the teacher who acts in union with Christ our teacher. Heb 1:1-3

Why does the father teach the apostles thru Peter when christ is right there?

Christ defers unto peter to be the minister of this truth, why?

Christ is establishing peter the head and chief minister of His church!

Apostles learn the true faith from God thru Peter!

Jn 21:15-17

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Again Peter is united with Christ acting as mediator between God and men as Christ’s personal representative at Christ’s command!

Your insights are welcome!

Peter is a mediator

1 tim 2:5
Highest level mediator is Jesus Christ!

One and only at that level!

Both God and man!

Covenant level
Atonement level

Christ is mediator at the highest level cos He is both God & man!
1 tim 2:5 Jn 1:51

There are lower levels of mediator.

Minister / ministry

Lk 1:45 Mary believed all the Lord told Her,

All the Lord told was by the ministry of His angel! lk 1 :27-28

Angel acts 8:26 the angel of the Lord

The Lord acts vicariously thru the angels.

Angels are ministering spirits.

Psalm 91:11
Psalm 104:4
Hebrews 1:7
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Many accounts of angels minister in the gospel and acts

Peter is a mediator bit in the level of minister
Thks

Back