Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jewish practices?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is it morally acceptable for Christians to participate in Jewish practices?

What practices have you in mind?
Bible reading, gathering for prayer/worship, preachers, teachers etc

you are aware that most Christian practices stem from what the Jewish leaderex rabbi Paul has instructed Christians to do,

Saul was a Jew but Paul was a Christian
Acts 9:4

Saul
The Jew
Pride
Hatred for Christ and Christians
Heretic
Fundamentalist

Paul
Humble
Saint
Faithful Christian
Love of Christ and Christians

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

Practices Jewish feasts, prayers, observances

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Saul was a Jew but Paul was a Christian
So what, you are I presume an American as well as being a Christian. your christianity is heavily influenced by the american culture.
Paul was a jew who became a Christian, he lived in a pagan world yet the biggest influence on him was his jewish roots. He preached from the talmud, he didn't have the new testament, as he was writing part of it.

If you celebrate communion you partake of a 'Jeish' feast, one altered by Jesus, but still a Jewish feast.
Harvest, this is a mixture of the Jeish first fruits celebration and pagan worship of furtility.

Unless you are prepared to name the feast you think are exclusively Jewish and say why they are wrong, what you are posting is nonsence.

You mean the practice of rejecting Jesus Christ as Messiah?

Quantrill
No I meant the feasts and fast and customs that pointed to christ

So after his first coming these would not be followed anymore yet these days it seams to be commonplace for Christians to practice them, these ordinances were nailed to the cross and some like the supposed third temple are offensive to christ

No I meant the feasts and fast and customs that pointed to christ

So after his first coming these would not be followed anymore yet these days it seams to be commonplace for Christians to practice them, these ordinances were nailed to the cross and some like the supposed third temple are offensive to christ

The Church has it's own feasts and customs looking back to Christ.

What are you calling the third Temple?

Quantrill

The Church has it's own feasts and customs looking back to Christ.

What are you calling the third Temple?

Quantrill
I don’t think anyone has a problem with Christians keeping Christian feasts and fasts and practices

The third temple is the body of Christ mt 26:61

Is it morally acceptable for Christians to participate in Jewish practices?
I think it's pretty clear that circumcision is out. Also in Heb, it's clear that animal sacrifices are obsolete, so I can't see Christians doing those things.

As far as anything else, it's up for grabs, but gentiles aren't required to follow Jewish customs, as they are stated in Acts 15 to be a burden to them.

But it begs the question why. If you are trying to befriend Jews to let them see the light of Christ in you, go for it. What else could it be about, unless you just want to experience some culture?

Back