Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Job's trying to be Messiah

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
0001-7763653768_20210913_115247_0000.png
An Emoji Devotions for Mon 13th September, 2021

Topic: Job's trying to be Messiah.

Highlights:

For I know him (Abraham), that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Genesis 18:19

Job's sons took turns having feasts in their homes, and they always invited their three sisters to join in the eating and drinking. After each feast, Job would send for his children and perform a ceremony, as a way of asking God to forgive them of any wrongs they may have done. He would get up early the next morning and offer a sacrifice for each of them, just in case they had sinned or silently cursed God.
Job 1:4‭-‬5

Is someone trying to act like a Messiah here? Just in case they had sinned or silently cursed God Job would offer a sacrifice. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. So Job would like to cleanse away his children's sins. Should he teach his children about uprightness, maybe there would be no need for sacrifice. Is someone trying to be a Messiah? The devil will find out from God.

One day, when the angels had gathered around the Lord, and Satan was there with them, the Lord asked, “Satan, where have you been?” Satan replied, “I have been going all over the earth.” Then the Lord asked, “What do you think of my servant Job? (you see that?) No one on earth is like him—he is a truly good person, who respects me and refuses to do evil.” “Why shouldn't he respect you?” Satan remarked. “You are like a wall protecting not only him, but his entire family and all his property. You make him successful in whatever he does, and his flocks and herds are everywhere (He is trying to act like a Messiah and you letting him get away with it). Try taking away everything he owns, and he will curse you to your face.” The Lord replied, “All right, Satan, do what you want with anything that belongs to him, but don't harm Job.” Then Satan left.
Job 1:6‭-‬12.

It is good to pray for our loved ones but We'd better train them in the way of God so that they will not see us a Messiah. Teach them the way of God and to call unto God in time of trouble. Job allowed his children to live their lives the way they want and afterwards pray on their behalf to God. They trust their dad to waive their sins through his self sacrifice But the devil wiped them out. This is to show us that Jobs religious works cannot withstand the devil's hands.

I am not claiming to be Holy neither do I know all and I am not disputing what Job did. But our efforts cannot take away the guilt of others. If God is giving us grace for acting like a Messiah, the devil may find out one day. Only the righteousness of Jesus can save us from the devil. Only Jesus stand as our Messiah and each and everyone of us will have to personally surrender our lives to Him. Ephesians 2:8-9

This is what the gospel is all about. We must tell our loved ones this truth that only Jesus is our Messiah and Savior in this world and in the world to come. Amen

Jesus answered, “Go away Satan! The Scriptures say: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’ ” Then the devil left Jesus, and angels came to help him.
Matthew 4:10‭-‬11

Have you yet received Jesus Christ as your Lord today. In what way do you act like Messiah. Accepting Jesus as our sovereign Lord and Savior in faith and righteousness is what will do. Let the people around you especially your family and friends know this truth. John 8:32

Prayer: Lord Jesus I believe that you are the only one that can save us from evil. Please protect and shield me, my family and everything that belongs to us from the evil one in your name Jesus. Amen

Job's sons took turns having feasts in their homes, and they always invited their three sisters to join in the eating and drinking. After each feast, Job would send for his children and perform a ceremony, as a way of asking God to forgive them of any wrongs they may have done. He would get up early the next morning and offer a sacrifice for each of them, just in case they had sinned or silently cursed God.

Is someone trying to act like a Messiah here? Just in case they had sinned or silently cursed God Job would offer a sacrifice. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. So Job would like to cleanse away his children's sins. Should he teach his children about uprightness, maybe there would be no need for sacrifice. Is someone trying to be a Messiah? The devil will find out from God.
Should we act like a messiah , of course not ! But was Job acting like a messiah ? No I think not . Job is a very old book of the bible and what he was doing was the correct thing before God at that time in the world . Job was not perfect in the sense of being Christ like but he was evidently one of God's best servants of that time period .

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

"We know that before the priesthood was established, the father of the family acted as that family’s priest. In this case, Job called the children to him and sanctified (set them apart for God), them after each of the feasts. There was no one particular sin they had committed, but Job wanted to make sure they were right with God at all times. All good parents should be concerned about the spiritual welfare of their children. Today the way we make sure of that, is with our prayers. Everything I see in all of these verses indicates to me, that this is a family who lived very early on in history. The burnt offerings seemed to be an animal for each son. It seemed, that on a very regular basis, Job cleansed his sons and sacrificed for them."

Link for quote above . https://bible-studys.org/job-chapter-1/

Should we act like a messiah , of course not ! But was Job acting like a messiah ? No I think not . Job is a very old book of the bible and what he was doing was the correct thing before God at that time in the world . Job was not perfect in the sense of being Christ like but he was evidently one of God's best servants of that time period .

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

"We know that before the priesthood was established, the father of the family acted as that family’s priest. In this case, Job called the children to him and sanctified (set them apart for God), them after each of the feasts. There was no one particular sin they had committed, but Job wanted to make sure they were right with God at all times. All good parents should be concerned about the spiritual welfare of their children. Today the way we make sure of that, is with our prayers. Everything I see in all of these verses indicates to me, that this is a family who lived very early on in history. The burnt offerings seemed to be an animal for each son. It seemed, that on a very regular basis, Job cleansed his sons and sacrificed for them."

Link for quote above . https://bible-studys.org/job-chapter-1/
It's all well and good for us living today's life

..... He was a truly good person, who respected God and refused to do evil.
Job 1:1

קונו ובינו לא היה צדיק לכך נאמר וירא אלהים וסר מרע:

sincere and upright But [I could think] that as regards matters between him and his Maker, he was not righteous. Therefore, it is stated: God- fearing and shunning evil.

See Rashi's comment via https://www.sefaria.org/Job.1.1?with=Rashi&lang=bi

sincere and upright But [I could think] that as regards matters between him and his Maker, he was not righteous. Therefore, it is stated: God- fearing and shunning evil.

You make strange statements. If not somewhat 'blasphemous'. Why? Because you are taking satan's side here. This is the very thing satan said of Job.

Job was not trying to act like the Messiah. Job desperately desired a Messiah. (Job 9: 32-33)

Quantrill

You make strange statements. If not somewhat 'blasphemous'. Why? Because you are taking satan's side here. This is the very thing satan said of Job.

Job was not trying to act like the Messiah. Job desperately desired a Messiah. (Job 9: 32-33)

Quantrill
This is aftermath of Job's ordeal. He now realized he needs a Messiah after the incident

The summary of this is that our religious efforts is not enough to save others and all we think we can become in life. It is the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ that can do it.

This is aftermath of Job's ordeal. He now realized he needs a Messiah after the incident

Aftermath? This is (Job 9). There are 42 chapters in the book of (Job). Chapter 9 is just the beginning.

You say Job was not righteous. Yet God says differently. (Job 1:1, 42:7).

Quantrill

The summary of this is that our religious efforts is not enough to save others and all we think we can become in life. It is the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ that can do it.

That the grace of Jesus Christ is sufficient to save us and others is correct. But that is not the summary of the book of Job.

Quantrill

Aftermath? This is (Job 9). There are 42 chapters in the book of (Job). Chapter 9 is just the beginning.

You say Job was not righteous. Yet God says differently. (Job 1:1, 42:7).

Quantrill
I mean after he has been touched by the evil one.

That the grace of Jesus Christ is sufficient to save us and others is correct. But that is not the summary of the book of Job.

Quantrill
Job realized that he cannot be a Messiah and there is a Messiah that can withstand the evil one and the only one who could cleanse all of us from unrighteousness. And that is Jesus.

I know that my Protector (saviour) lives, and at the end he will stand on this earth.
Job 19:25

The Lord said to Eliphaz: What my servant Job has said about me is true, ....
Job 42:7

From your link talking about the book of Job .

"About this Text​

Job (“Iyov”) is the third book of the section in the Hebrew Bible called Writings. It opens with Satan convincing God to test the faith of the righteous and wealthy Job by striking him with tragedy. This spurs conversations between Job and his friends about why the righteous suffer, with Job vacillating between acceptance and anger. God ultimately speaks to Job, explaining that a human’s ability to understand God’s ways is limited. The book ends with Job building a new family and estate. "

Link page for quote above . https://www.sefaria.org/Job

Yes, I know what you mean. You take the same position that satan took.

(Job 1:11)

Quantrill
Satan did know the rules? That only Jesus Christ can stand for others as savior, redeemer and protector.

Please read

each one’s work will be clearly shown [for what it is]; for the day [of judgment] will disclose it, because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality and character and worth of each person’s work. If any person’s work which he has built [on this foundation, that is, any outcome of his effort] remains [and survives this test], he will receive a reward. But if any person’s work is burned up [by the test], he will suffer the loss [of his reward]; yet he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has barely escaped] through fire.
1 Corinthians 3:13‭-‬15 AMP

Job realized that he cannot be a Messiah and there is a Messiah that can withstand the evil one and the only one who could cleanse all of us from unrighteousness. And that is Jesus.

I know that my Protector (saviour) lives, and at the end he will stand on this earth.

Job never desired to be the Messiah. As I said earlier, Job wanted a Messiah. No wrong in that. (Job 9:32-33)

Quantrill

Satan did know the rules? That only Jesus Christ can stand for others as savior, redeemer and protector.

Please read

each one’s work will be clearly shown [for what it is]; for the day [of judgment] will disclose it, because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality and character and worth of each person’s work. If any person’s work which he has built [on this foundation, that is, any outcome of his effort] remains [and survives this test], he will receive a reward. But if any person’s work is burned up [by the test], he will suffer the loss [of his reward]; yet he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has barely escaped] through fire.
1 Corinthians 3:13‭-‬15 AMP

I don't know what you're trying to say or ask here.

Quantrill

In the book of Job do you think God is punishing Job ?

Last edited:
Job never desired to be the Messiah. As I said earlier, Job wanted a Messiah. No wrong in that. (Job 9:32-33)

Quantrill
Please Read Job 1:5, it was his way before the incident. Job is a blameless and upright man but there is a lesson to learn

When the days of their feasting were over, Job would send [for them] and consecrate them, rising early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Job did this at all [such] times.
Job 1:5 AMP

(He use to pray on behalf of his children "whether they have sinned or cursed God" that is a Messiah's work not for human. In the old testament, the a priest should do the cleansing for one who comes for such with acknowledgment of sin.

"If any man sin,"
says John, "we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
the righteous."

Job's passionate longing, "Oh that I knew where I might find him," (Job 23:3.) finds an answer and fulfillment in Christ's revelation of God.

We know where to find him: "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father." The heart's desires of the Old Testament are met and realized in the New,-not, however, completely, for the consummation of all has not yet taken place.

(He use to pray on behalf of his children "whether they have sinned or cursed God" that is a Messiah's work not for human. In the old testament, the a priest should do the cleansing for one who comes for such with acknowledgment of sin.
The book of Job is before the Aaronic priesthood was established . Job was the priest for his family !

Please go and read this and see if you agree .
https://bible-studys.org/job-chapter-1/

Please Read Job 1:5, it was his way before the incident. Job is a blameless and upright man but there is a lesson to learn

When the days of their feasting were over, Job would send [for them] and consecrate them, rising early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Job did this at all [such] times.
Job 1:5 AMP

"If any man sin,"
says John, "we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
the righteous."

Job's passionate longing, "Oh that I knew where I might find him," (Job 23:3.) finds an answer and fulfillment in Christ's revelation of God.

We know where to find him: "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father." The heart's desires of the Old Testament are met and realized in the New,-not, however, completely, for the consummation of all has not yet taken place.

I did read (Job 1:5). Again, Job was not trying to be any 'Messiah'.

Job was just praying and interceding for his children. That doesn't mean he is trying to be a Messiah.

Do you have children? Pray for them? Does that make you some sort of 'Messiah'?

Quantrill

It seems that Jobs heart was devoted to not sinning against God. Job was blameless, but not sinless, Job respected God and was dedicated into thanking God and supporting Gods work that God was doing within Jobs family and friends.

Back