Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

JoJo Siwa

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
Believe in Jesus Christ and be saved my friends. Thus all people will go to Heaven and be permanently saved by the Holy Spirit
1 Cor 13:8 Love never fails

can.of.soup — Today at 11:47 AM
But the same could be said about non-famous people, like with Jojo siwa. When she got famous she was a CHILD and she received so much hate for spreading positivity? It was unfortunate.

So, my reply is thus
Hmmm… interesting. I have not heard of Jojo siwa before, let me search them up. Alright, good ol’ Wikipedia says.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JoJo_Siwa

Wait a minute… 2003? And… what’s this… 2014??? Wait wait wait, lemme do the math uhh… ok I need a calculator

2014 – 2003 = … 11!?!?!?!

ELEVEN!?!? And that’s just the audition date!!! She must have been practicing for a long time before that too! Wow….. I hope she’s doing alright, that must have been a lot of hard work. I mean, it seems like it did pay off in a sense, with her being selected for the team a year later and as of 2016 now releasing popular singles.

wait wait wait 950 MILLION VIEWS!??!?!

I mean, I guess we can have different definitions of the word “famous”, a lot if it’s semantics. For me, I’d consider that kinda “famous” already. Of course, not like Hollywood Actor famous, but still definitely up there!

Ok, it says she had some “online bullying” as described in this article and oh… she has my deep condolences. Some of the things I’m reading here, are just horrible. The worst part is I imagine these people know that they’re saying these mean things towards a literal CHILD.

Matthew 18:10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

It’s absolutely heartbreaking hearing about stories like this. This is definitely unfortunate. And all those views, 950 million, with all that attention, I can’t imagine just… how many hate comments she must get every day. For me, this looks like a situation of zēlos

jealousy

ζῆλος (zēlos)

Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2205: From zeo; properly, heat, i.e. 'zeal' (figuratively, of God), or an enemy, malice).

James 3:16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

Proverbs 27:4 Wrath is cruel, anger is overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?

Jealousy is connected to this selfish ambition. Many of these haters, they seem to be jealous that Jojo siwa is successful and they are not. So rather than the haters trying to morally improve their own lives, you know a positive, they would rather drag down this child to a lower position.

Mathematically, I can illustrate their mentality as such

Jojo siwa: 5

Haters: 0

The haters can either +5 (positive) to morally improve their own lives or -5 (negative) to bring Jojo siwa down.

And I mention morally improve. Of course, not everyone has the physical means to improve their lives, like with poverty and sickness. However, there always exists the opportunity to show love, to be kind, which are good morals.

Proverbs 11:17 A man who is kind benefits himself, but a cruel man hurts himself.

That mathematical example I say is from “their mentality” because realistically, whenever someone is rude to another person, they genuinely hurt themselves, so they would also be dragging their own number down.

I appreciate this situation that you have brought to my attention. It’s important for this cruelty to be exposed.

can.of.soup — Today at 11:47 AM
I love jojo siwa, she’s always managed to stay super positive and I think a lot of support comes from her wonderful mother!! I think her big break was one Dance Moms. I.. do not like dance moms only because the lady in charge is super mean to the kids. I saw a bit of an episode where she (I think her name is Abby) was being SUPER mean to jojo to the point she was nearly in tears and her mom defended her until Abby kicked them out. I do not like Abby she’s really mean

My reply is as such
1 John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

I’m glad to hear that jojo siwa has a supportive mother. I felt bad when I saw all of those hurtful comments online. People on the Internet can unfortunately be so cruel sometimes. I think a lot of them forget the human behind the screen :sad

Hmmm… interesting. Ok, let me search up Dance Moms and see the controversy there

Oh… :sad It says here that she developed a “stress rash” on her head due to the stressful conditions she experienced working with Abby Miller. My condolences to her. It’s a tragedy to see children forced to endure such horrible working conditions. Not just horrible mental conditions, but physical effects too…

It seems like Abby Miller has also been sentenced to 1 year in jail for bank fraud. https://pagesix.com/2017/05/09/dance-moms-star-abby-lee-miller-gets-one-year-in-prison/

So there’s definitely a history of illegal behavior that Abby Miller has done. The article also talks about this emotional pain

start quote “many episodes show her students dissolving into tears after a harsh critique.” end quote.

The Lord is against being harsh to children, like how parents should treat their children kindly.

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry.

Overall, thanks for the message can.of.soup my friend. :biggrin The Lord of Hosts blesses you with peace and tranquility in your life <3

Back