Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judge Likens Biden-Big Tech Censorship to Orwell’s ‘1984.’ Admin’s Answers on Free Speech Prove Him Right.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hawkman

Staff member
https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06...-1984-admins-answers-free-speech-prove-right/

Excerpt .
"President Joe Biden’s censorship efforts with Big Tech companies have shocked even a federal judge, who asked the administration last week whether the president’s staff had ever read George Orwell’s famous dystopian novel “1984,” because the court case reminded him so much of the censorship in that book.

Judge Terry A. Doughty, chief district judge of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, asked the question in a hearing May 26 on the ongoing case of Missouri v. Biden, focusing on the administration’s efforts with Big Tech to censor free speech. The administration’s lawyers went on to answer questions about free speech that only cemented the judge’s suspicions."

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06...-1984-admins-answers-free-speech-prove-right/

Excerpt .
"President Joe Biden’s censorship efforts with Big Tech companies have shocked even a federal judge, who asked the administration last week whether the president’s staff had ever read George Orwell’s famous dystopian novel “1984,” because the court case reminded him so much of the censorship in that book.

Judge Terry A. Doughty, chief district judge of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, asked the question in a hearing May 26 on the ongoing case of Missouri v. Biden, focusing on the administration’s efforts with Big Tech to censor free speech. The administration’s lawyers went on to answer questions about free speech that only cemented the judge’s suspicions."
We sloths just shouldn't pester that wise elderly bureaucrat .

Excerpt .
I notice the article cites no such efforts on the part of the Federal government, but insists that they really want to do it. This is kind of a deviation for the Daily Signal, which is rated "Extreme Right" in content but "Mostly Factual" in the claims it makes.

I notice the article cites no such efforts on the part of the Federal government, but insists that they really want to do it. This is kind of a deviation for the Daily Signal, which is rated "Extreme Right" in content but "Mostly Factual" in the claims it makes.
Yeah , skimpy article , maybe more info later .

Hi hawkman

While I also agree with your statement that the article is pretty skimpy on facts, I would like to say that I don't have a problem with the federal government making an ask concerning something that might affect the well-being of the nation. I think, for those who have sworn to protect the government and the people of the United States, that such a responsibility would include asking companies to do things that would gain that part of the job. If someone is promoting anarchy or false information or lies about an issue, I have no problem with the government making an ask for them to not print or allow such positions an open mic that is heard around the world. Yes, that can be a sticky wicket and, therefore, each case must be judged on its own merits.

But what we have here in this article is just an ask. Nobody was threatening to make laws or put people in prison over these positions. It was just an ask and the company also has every right to say no. But the people who run our government are no different than the people like ourselves just out living our lives. If we have a problem with something that someone says or does, we all have a right to ask about that behavior and suggest or tell what we might do about it if we were the one's responsible.

In this case, the federal government, and I believe rightly so, has a stake in holding the lies about how to deal with the Covid pandemic from being spread all over the country, creating exactly what it did. A good sized group who argued the federal government's intentions in dealing with the pandemic. I mean, you think it's good that someone goes on national stage and encourages that we inject household cleaners into our bodies to fight the Covid infection. You don't think a responsible government should take some effort to step in and quash such an idea before some idiot really tries it?

God bless,
Ted

Back