Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just say NO!!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The government controls violence. Their armies do violence legally on the state’s behalf. The police are similarly given legal authority to use violence on behalf of the state. In many nations the state can even execute citizens convicted of certain crimes. Meanwhile..,

Citizens generally cannot kill except under state approved conditions. Citizens are not even allowed to kill themselves and many are confined to mental facilities when they attempt to do so.

I'm all for law and order.my position is based on the 2nd amendment in context and the federalist papers on it .

Vigilantism is seldom a good thing but given the moral decay .we may see it and it won't be pretty .

I think the only gun im legally allowed to own withiot a licence is one of those air powered ones. They so weak. I think they only like 1000lb of air pressure. Probably could dent a tin can. Lol

This chicken keeps following me around. Everywhere I go it follows me. I even jumped in my vehicle and it jumped in and i had to kick it out so it dont take a dump in my car. I gave it some crumbs yesterday and now its being like full scavenger. But it's my friend now so it's not dinner.

Hi Nobody

No, none of those cities operate as a closed system. I don't think you're understanding the importance of this happening within a defensible boundary of some kind. There is not a city within the U.S. that has a defensible boundary. That is only available on the national level in the U.S. Now, I have traveled in Mexico and sometimes they'll set up roadblocks around an area and you have to stop and show your passport and tell them why you're going the way you're going, but the U.S. is neither ready, nor is it necessary for this discussion, for that to be.

But you cannot handle the question of whether or not gun control works, except as applied to a closed system or authority. For example: It works in Great Britain overall, but from city to city within the borders of Great Britain the numbers are pretty much the same on a per capita basis. In 2019 the UK recorded .04 deaths by gun violence. That same year the U.S. was 3.96. That's per capita and so it takes in all the population variables. However, the gun violence deaths likely hovered around .04 in most of the major metropolitan areas of the nation. You couldn't stop Londoners from bringing a firearm from London to Wales because there wouldn't be anyway to prevent the transport.

God bless,
Ted
We have open borders where enough fentynl is released into America to kill everyone living there with no government to stop them.

Omg 😳 bail issues…

It seems to be universal. Here where I live the inequality is becoming blatant and undermining what faith people had in the legal system. Serial offenders sometimes get low bond and reoffend on bond and then send me people have bail set so high they go through more hearings to try to get it lowered.
Well I won't defend the current justice system. But no cash bail for violent crimes is insane.

We have open borders where enough fentynl is released into America to kill everyone living there with no government to stop them.
Hi Nobody

I honestly have no idea how your response applies to my quote that you have attached it to. Look, if you have a problem with drugs, then we can talk about it, but that's not what the current discussion is about.

God bless,
Ted

You may buy a firearm of any kind, but it must be stored at a licensed gun store. At the gun store you can then check out your gun, the one that makes you happy and causes your sexual energies to become heightened, and go to a firing range and have all the fun that you want. But at night, the firearm must be returned and checked in and the bullets accounted for.
Does your son live in Germany? I went to Germany in the late 90's for my company and while talking to some of the locals on this subject, they told me that owning firearms required that they keep them in locked government facilities. When they wanted to use them, they had to check them out. Naturally, keeping them in this facility cost a small fortune so hunting was now delegated to only the wealthy that could afford it.

The one thing you keep forgetting or talking past is that firearms ownership in the United States is a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the US. I don't believe there is another country in the world where this is true.

So, everyone has the freedom to go have fun with whatever type of firearm makes their little man flutter, but they are not kept at home and private owners cannot buy rounds of projectiles, except for the purpose of practice shooting.
Now you're moving into sarcasm and just plain mean-spirited. I'm not a child so at this I'll move on.

I think the only gun im legally allowed to own withiot a licence is one of those air powered ones. They so weak. I think they only like 1000lb of air pressure. Probably could dent a tin can. Lol
And yet there are cases of people being killed with a daisy BB gun where the BB first passed through a glass window. It was accidental but it happened nonetheless. It is important to take firearms safety seriously. Hollywood has instilled so many false ideas about firearms it isn't funny.

Now you're moving into sarcasm and just plain mean-spirited. I'm not a child so at this I'll move on.
I didn't see him say this .he is on ignore .

Range time helps me a lot .it's often a fact with vets that range time helps with PTSD in that it's puts energy into shooting .
We talk about the adreline rush ,some as I have hit the MMA class ,ranges .
When I clean my gun I remember the times we did that at home station and would bs. It became relaxing .normality is restored .

To me if a cop or vet can't serve but has that drive to feel alive ,their should be no limit to them enjoying the gun range and owning a gun or plenty .

By this I mean other jobs or hobbies that bring back that to them.security guards ,and or body guards and or self defense practice .
Part of me misses that focused training .

Does your son live in Germany? I went to Germany in the late 90's for my company and while talking to some of the locals on this subject, they told me that owning firearms required that they keep them in locked government facilities. When they wanted to use them, they had to check them out. Naturally, keeping them in this facility cost a small fortune so hunting was now delegated to only the wealthy that could afford it.

The one thing you keep forgetting or talking past is that firearms ownership in the United States is a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the US. I don't believe there is another country in the world where this is true.
Hi WIP

No he doesn't, but it's possible that he heard or read of the idea somewhere. I'd never heard of it and it sounded like a pretty good compromise for the issue.

Yes, I know that it's a right that is granted in our Constitution. However, I'm pragmatic enough to understand that the men who wrote that declaration had an understanding of what a 'arms' is. I doubt that any of those good christian god-fearing men the lot of them, had any idea what the future held in that regard. I rather imagine that if they had somehow traveled to our day and seen the ruckus it created, they'd have gone back and scratched through that part.

God bless,
Ted

Hi everybody,
Maybe there has been a situation like this that I'm not aware of, but I would be really surprised to learn of a mass shooting where the assailant was even close to 100 yards away. In most, and if my understanding is correct, I think in all cases of mass shootings, the assailants were much closer. In fact, in most of them, if not all, they were in the same room and within just a few feet.

Apparently there's some bad mojo going around. One has made the claim that they've never known a mass shooter to be 100 yards from target. Then they had the idiocy to say that what they've found is that they're usually in the same room.

I'm guessing they've been watching too many made for tv mafia reruns of the Valentine's Day massacre.

I set forth here as testimony that my words are true, the area map of the Las Vegas Mandalay Bay shooter:

As can be seen in the photo, the distance from the window on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay and the concert goers who were completely on another property across what appears to be at least a four lane street with a planted divider down the middle. If that's less than 100 yards I promise I will eat my underwear.

19 students and two adults were shot in Uvalde Tx and they were not all in one little room. Yes, they were all in one little building, but shots of 30-40' would be like shootin' ducks in a pond.

VT had a mass shooting that was all under the sky dome that encompasses the entire campus, so I guess that one's in a room, too.

In fact, the opposite seems to be true of mass shootings. Most of them do not happen in a normal size room. Many of them happen out of doors. Some happen in huge big box department stores or grocery stores. People 30,40,50' from the shooter getting shot running down aisles to get away.

I think it's time for all of us to take off our blinders that keep us in ignorance regarding this situation. The government is not going to come and get you if you give up your gun. Besides, if the government were coming to get you they really wouldn't be put off because you have a gun. That's been tested several times.

Guns kill people from as far off as the shooter is capable of siting on. Some die from just random shots at others that missed. Mass shooters are generally in a fairly open area as far as the building where they might inflict maximum damage. Generally a medium to small warehouse sized area. In schools, hallways seem to be a favorite place to walkabout and just shoot little children dead 40' down the hallway.

Let's talk truth here. Anyone who can't see that many of these scenarios are only possible because firearms are the weapon of choice is willfully blind. You just can't mow people down, even 15' away when all you've got is some knife, sword or machete.

God bless,
Ted

At least I got to witness some fun before everything fun was banned. I guess as a kid you dont see it, but no wonder fireworks were banned.

How many adults would have got annoyed sitting on the sofa relaxing in peace then suddenly they hear loud bangs and go outside and some kids just put a brick of bangers in there letterbox and ran off and its smoking. Lol. Or you just hear a donk and a skyrocket landed on your roof, probably still burning.

Not to mention all the fires they would have caused, and then there is injuries. I mean add it all up, and I think for once I acturally agree with something fun being banned.

Why is it people get looked at like they crazy just because they like having fun. I mean someone likes guns and going to the range and blowing things up with some high powered machine. What's wrong with that. In general people cant say they don't like a good controlled legal explosion.

It's like people who enjoy legally blowing things up for fun with there guns thats dangerous and really bad they like extremists or terrorists or something.

Next thing they going for a family trip to the local controlled fireworks display for entertainment and loving those explosions gazing with amazement. Lol.

Hypocracy.

Bad man enjoys blowing things up in a legal controlled area at range with there powerful guns.

Good man goes to controlled area and enjoys fireworks explosions with family for entertainment.

Back