Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just say NO!!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And yet there are cases of people being killed with a daisy BB gun where the BB first passed through a glass window. It was accidental but it happened nonetheless. It is important to take firearms safety seriously. Hollywood has instilled so many false ideas about firearms it isn't funny.

Someone could have a simple bow and arrows, and for someone who knows what they doing they can shoot like 15 rounds in seconds and hit targets.

Safety and security will always be used to control and oppress the masses because it doesn't exist, so people seek safety and security and they look to man and there government as there saviours, and the world is being punished for it because humans think humans and bowing down to other humans in authority can save the planet and world and keep them safe. And no one is and never has been.

Even as Jesus said where you hear those words safety and security let those in Judea flee to the hills. He's telling people the truth.

OK a bit off topic but interesting. There is 12 tribes decended from 12. And Israel is 10 tribes and Judea is 2 tribes being Judah and Benjamin where Jesus come from.

What was that sign they gave Jesus, it wasn't Jesus King of Israel, it was Jesus king of the Jews, that's Jesus the King of Judea.

I believe that's where the original Jew and word Jew come from. It represent The Kingdom of Judea and the tribes of Judah and Benjamin.

miamited brought up guns as an extension of his original comment (#10). The U.S. Justice Department reports that 1.5 million lives per year are saved by someone using, or just threatening to use a gun. It's a great deterrent to crime if people make use of that tool. This is a bigger safety measure than restricting natural gas.

The U.S. has a large natural gas reserve. We have to ask ourselves, who benefits of we continue to cut our own throats?

HI Nobody

Oddly enough, in researching your statement, I found this information readily available:

Source: Gun Policy in America
There is supportive evidence that shall-issue concealed-carry laws may increase total and firearm homicides. Evidence for the effect of permitless-carry laws on total homicides is inconclusive. Evidence that shall-issue concealed-carry laws may increase violent crime is limited.

I'll include the link in case you'd like to make sure I'm not taking comments out of context:

This from Scientific American:
  • The claim that gun ownership stops crime is common in the U.S., and that belief drives laws that make it easy to own and keep firearms.
  • But about 30 careful studies show more guns are linked to more crimes: murders, rapes, and others. Far less research shows that guns help.
  • Interviews with people in heavily gun-owning towns show they are not as wedded to the crime defense idea as the gun lobby claims.

Another interesting article that addresses your point, here:

Perhaps you'd care to throw out the source of your point so we can all read it from the horse's mouth.

Just like with Covid, there's a lot of 'a study shows' kind of arguments that are purely bull pilings. Our job, as a believer is to sort out the truth from the lies.

God bless,
Ted

Disinformation to disarm America.
Hi Nobody

I'm going to assume that your comment was directed to my post. All I would ask, is that instead of just throwing out some charge, you'd accompany it with some information to 'prove' your charge. What exactly have I offered that you feel is disinformation to disarm America? Is there something in that report that you can prove isn't true?

God bless,
Ted

It's hard to provide truthful information to the willfully ignorant who are unwilling to accept they are ever wrong. I "do not throw (my) pearls (of wisdom) before swine".

Thankfully now the PM is resigning a good start would be to give all the farmers there guns back. Then again I don't think many handed them in. Most just kept there semis and handed in their standard rifles. I think even the police admitted it failed.

Just because one nutcase with a gun flipped out in the city, and was not even from the country, and also had no licence, suddenly all rural responsible licensed farmers who have never done anything wrong and work hard and just mind there own business were forced to hand in there semis.

Lets be realistic. I mean if you doing no wrong and minding your own business and suddenly someone says you have to hand over and give them your property, basically randomly accusing you of suddenly being irresponsible and untrustworthy, thats just ridiculous and your not going to be happy.

The government doesn't like it when people don't have trust in them right and they called conspiracy theorists and all this and that so the same way don't basically accuse peope who have done no wrong as untrustworthy and irresponsible. It goes both ways. Just saying.

We want to have a good relationship both the governement and the people. I'm all for that.

Never claim your the truth only truth and nothing but the truth and everyone has to agree with you.

Never accuse people who have done no wrong as being untrustworthy and irresponsible.

Never smile and say you agree with there being 2 classes of people in society rights for some but not for others.

I could keep going and going.

Back