Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[__ Prayer __] lanzhou in china

This Week's Prayer Guide

September 22 - This week, we conclude our month of prayer for Lanzhou by praying for specific requests of Christians there and the needs of their neighbors.

September 23 - A pastor in Lanzhou remarks that there is a "poor spiritual state of many second-generation Christians in this city. Of course, faith cannot be inherited, but the spiritual atmosphere that Christian families create for their children makes it difficult for them to inherit their faith. Many second-generation Christians in China, those who experienced the previous revival, whether in rural or urban churches, are experiencing a rapid decline in their faith. I don't think this is a good sign. Families who already believe are failing to pass on their faith."

September 24 - Pray for Christians in Lanzhou to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to invest in and maintain relationships with their neighbors, families, and coworkers. As a pastor shares, "We pray that the Holy Spirit would really help us in this area where we are weak and where we don't have the time and energy to match."

September 25 - Pray for a pastor's wife in Lanzhou who is helping children at a local school through a new lunch program. Pray for her to be a witness of Christ through this lunch program.

September 26 - One pastor in Lanzhou shares frustration that, "Because many intellectuals have left this city, the brothers and sisters who remain in the church are very passive when it comes to thinking about and knowing God. This often frustrates me, as I wonder how to deepen their faith and help them grow. Of course, this is just from an intellectual perspective. In [other cities I have been to], people were interested in discussing theology and the Bible. But here, no one is interested in talking about these things. This process has been very, very lonely for me."

September 27 - A pastor in Lanzhou says, "We have a lot of children in our church, and everyone values children very much. We are actively running a youth ministry. But there is some concern that in the future, because Lanzhou doesn't retain people, that we are essentially raising these children for other churches because they will all leave Lanzhou. Sometimes I wonder, 'We're putting so much effort into the children's ministry, but what happens when they grow up and leave? Will it be sustainable?'" Pray for churches in this situation, that they will raise their children well and minister Christ to them. Pray that the children who leave can bring the gospel to new places, and also pray for God to raise up some who will stay and invest in Lanzhou's future.

September 28 - A pastor in Lanzhou asks, "Please pray that the Gospel will renew more churches in our city, so that the Gospel can renew the city."

9月22日--本周,我们为兰州基督徒具体的要求和他们邻舍的需要祷告,以此结束为兰州的祷告月。

9月23日--兰州的一位牧师说,"这个城市的许多第二代基督徒灵命状况不佳。信仰当然不能遗传,但基督徒家庭为子女营造的属灵氛围却使他们难以继承信仰。中国许多第二代基督徒,那些经历过上一次复兴的基督徒,无论是在农村教会还是城市教会,他们的信仰都在迅速衰退。我认为这不是一个好兆头。"

9月24日--为兰州的基督徒祷告,求圣灵给他们能力,让他们能够服侍于邻居、家人和同事,并维持他们之间的关系。正如一位牧师所分享说:"我们祈求圣灵在这我们软弱、缺乏时间和精力配合的领域中真正地帮助我们。"

9月25日 - 为兰州的一位师母祷告,她正在通过一个新的午餐计划帮助当地学校的孩子们。为她祷告,让她能够透过这个午餐计划成为基督的见证人。

9月26日--兰州的一位牧师分享他的挫折感:"因为许多知识分子离开了这个城市,所以留在教会里的弟兄姐妹在思考和认识神方面非常被动。这常常让我感到沮丧,因为我不知道如何加深他们的信仰,帮助他们成长。当然,这只是从知识的角度来看。在其它我去过的城市,人们对讨论神学和《圣经》很感兴趣。但在这里,没有人有兴趣谈论这些事情。这个过程对我来说非常、非常孤独。"

9 月 27日--兰州的一位牧师说:"我们教会有很多孩子,每个人都非常重视孩子。我们正在积极开展青少年事工。但有人担心,将来因为兰州留不住人,我们基本上是在为其他教会培养这些孩子,因为他们都会离开兰州。有时我会想,'我们在儿童事工上投入了这么多精力,但当他们长大离开后怎么办?这样的事工能持续吗?'" 为处于这种情况下的教会祷告,求主帮助他们能够好好抚养孩子,并向他们传讲基督。为离开的孩子能够将福音带到新的地方祷告,也求神兴起一些人留下来,为兰州的未来献身。

9月28日--兰州的一位牧师请求:"请为福音能够更新我们城市中更多的教会祷告,让福音能够更新这座城市。"

Back