Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels....liars, perjurers.....who live contrary to sound teaching

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

PeterJens

God bless you
10 sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.
1 Tim 1:10

15 For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
16 To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life.
2 Cor 2:15-16

8 But to...all those who lie, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur.
Rev 21:8

I have over many years shared on christian forums.
Some have called me a tool of satan, doomed to hell and taking others with me.
I was banned from a website with the phrase "lying agitator"
In the passage it says no "liars" will enter heaven. So in spiritual reality this is
being judgemental of another to a degree of judging Gods work in another.
We are actually commanded to never do this, because we then become God judging
the law and putting ourselves in Gods judgement seat.
So what have I done to deserve this strong reaction.

Said Jesus loves us and gives us a loving heart, able to reflect His love for the world
wherever and whenever it shows itself.

So the challenge of Jesus to our lives for some is so strong they cannot and will not
face it, but they wish to claim they know Jesus and feel I am condemning them, because I
am holding out the possibility of real change and transformation which they do not believe
is possible and so their disappointment and failure is satan condemning them.

John wrote these words
4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:22

20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
1 John 4:20

So for those who say my sharing of Jesus's love and transformation is something they hate and say I deserve to be killed and sent
to hell, are in a real sense hating a brother, which makes such folk liars, and they do not know Jesus. This is such a fundamental
reality, emotionally, spiritually, it cannot be overcome through argument because their hearts are literally closed to love and change.
And I have tried, sharing the most loving and heart opening stories, but it was like hitting a concrete wall with nothing changing.

34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13:34-35

Theology is a powerful thing. How we listen to the Holy Spirit in our hearts, how we reach out to others wherever they
are matters.

Ears that are deaf, blocked, who only want to hear things that encourage them and reassure them.
I have lost friends and family, some died out of faith, some rejoice in Jesus and in peace.

So to be called a liar for preaching and sharing Gods word and truth shows how needy and lost many are.
Our emotions and history often rule what we can cope with and listen to, yet the Lord calls us to walk His path
follow His way and share His reality and truth.

Gods truth promises to change us if we are yoked to Jesus and let Him work in our hearts.
So to those who feel condemned by the promise of Christ and change, I say, believe Jesus and follow and you will
come to see the fruit of the reality of His words. To those who condemn Jesus's words and promise, I pray for you
that you might one day be set free from the sin that binds you.

I write this because the emotional challenge of the lost is to deny Jesus and His love in their hearts, which down through
the ages has changed people as they walk in His ways. So we must not be discouraged, but know their hatred and
antipathy is sin rising up in anger, which speaks to their need and our calling to continue to share Christ and His resurrection.

God bless you

Cannot law also reward those who do good? (cf. 1 Peter 2:14)
Paul is saying the law describes who fails to enter the Kingdom.
We can choose our attitudes, in a linear way, walking in the light, being a channel of God's love to others is communion, dwelling with the Most High.

So law in a sense is the description of what is wrong and hints only at the glory of being part of the Kingdom.

Jesus talked about this when Peter described all the disciples had given up for the Kingdom, Jesus then said all the family they have now got as part of being in the Kingdom.

Interestingly what is often missed is the emotional intelligence and context that being filled with the Holy Spirit means.
I am often stumped when I hear people of faith who suffer from serious depression and difficulties. It is not so much as we where we start, but the Lords affect on our lives is to turn night into day.

But is this just me delusional experience or something others have found over their lives.
I grew up in a repressed and emotionally no expressive family. Their lack of expression and inner turmoil without release caused me to get depressed and feel cut off. In the Lord I developed a way of discovering who I was in my heart and seeing in the Lord that grow. I now have three grown up kids with a wife and we are very emotionally open and close through ups and downs, hurts and times of joy. My family history is of schizophrenia but I have come to believe this is more an emotional weakness if emotions are not learnt to be felt, and guided and balanced, in the context of love and the Lord. And yes our hearts if care is not taken can tear us apart, but learning to live simply and openly in faith is real healing and freedom.

I suspect this is not actually very common, but I believe in asking to find out. And no I am not perfect, I just face myself head on, which can get messy, but God is very gracious and I am very grateful.
God bless you

Back