Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Legit work from home?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Anything real out there? I’m having my dad do a search. I’m not looking for mega bucks lol 😂

Just in general…anyone have decent experiences anywhere? Thanks 😊

What sort of things are you interested in? Almost anything in data science has good opportunities to work from home. That's what I'm hoping for and working towards through courses on Udemy.

There should be at home work for data entry or customer. I know I've come across a job postings here and there for those where I live. I think that more and more will become available as companies realize the benefits of allowing employees to work from home. The pandemic likely forever changed how we do work.

You're welcome. Trust me, I know the feeling all too well. Frustration doesn't even cut it sometimes. I've been unemployed far more than employed in the last 6 years, although three of those were going back to university and finishing my degree.

All we have is God. And I think that may be the point.

So true. And thanks 😊

I have more support than most people in my situation. I’d like to bring in some of my own money. Working at a place locally would be a nightmare. I can’t even volunteer without getting mind games.

God really is all we have when one gets down to it. I think that’s more obvious in some people’s lives than in others.

I’m hoping to get some kind of work at home job and move forward in life a bit. I hope and pray the same for you.

Hmmm, there are customer service positions for some sales websites that allow you to work from your computer and phone. I applied for one at one point, didn't get it though.

The clinic has a jobs placement program. I called today and the man in charge said he’d try to help. I’m hoping something good comes of this. ,

What sort of things are you interested in? Almost anything in data science has good opportunities to work from home. That's what I'm hoping for and working towards through courses on Udemy.
I’m a Data Engineer if you ever need any help.
Here’s something to think about in Data Science. Programming languages are always evolving, but the Databases stay fairly consistent. At my age, my mind can’t keep up with a 25 year old college new hire in terms of keeping up with the latest and greatest language, but I can be a SME in Oracle or Postgres. Actually, my company just paid 9k for additional training in Oracle so I can get my certificate.

Anything real out there? I’m having my dad do a search. I’m not looking for mega bucks lol 😂

Just in general…anyone have decent experiences anywhere? Thanks 😊
I’ve been working from home for 2.5 years but that’s coming to an end next week where we are blending to 2 days at the office and 3 days at home. It’s been nice.

Most companies are bringing their employees back, at least blending the schedule.

I wish you luck!

Thanks 😊

For any number of reasons I’d like to work at least part time but the social aspect is a problem.

I’m no longer on drugs or socially awkward I’m not even effeminate but…

Outcast status is rough. I’m hoping a work from home job will help me do more bring in some of my own money all while avoiding the pariah st work situations.

I’m a Data Engineer if you ever need any help.
Here’s something to think about in Data Science. Programming languages are always evolving, but the Databases stay fairly consistent. At my age, my mind can’t keep up with a 25 year old college new hire in terms of keeping up with the latest and greatest language, but I can be a SME in Oracle or Postgres. Actually, my company just paid 9k for additional training in Oracle so I can get my certificate.
That is good to keep in mind. My brother is in BI and has learned to use quite a number of tools for cleaning data, analysis, and presentation, but I'm not sure about more the database management side of things.

I've learned some SQL, R, Tableau, and Power BI, and am currently going through a Udemy course that is going through probability, statistics (which I learned formally a few years ago in my degree), Python, and then some deep learning. Of course, I've forgotten a lot of it because I haven't been able to practice it. As soon as I am done this current course, I am going to try and find some open source data sets and start practicing.

It really is quite daunting because there is so much to know and so many directions to go with it all. I am interested in the analysis part of things, as I enjoy stats and have a fairly analytical, detail-oriented mind. I just need to be able to get working soon. My brother new a guy who was a trucker, in his 60s, who somehow transitioned into data science and is still consulting; that was about 10 years ago. I figure if he could do it, I can. lol

I have a friend who did an online coding boot camp. She had degrees but she makes more money now.
Yeah, that's a more "legit" way than Udemy courses. I like Udemy because when the courses are on sale, it's a good way just to see if something interests me, for cheap. But these are not courses you would, say, put on your resume or LinkedIn profile. Bootcamp courses, however, generally can be used for those. Of course, some of them are $$$, which is why, but they may even help a person find work or at least provide support through the process.

It's really never been so easy to learn new skills.

I didn’t mean it critically. I don’t know anything about tech. She did a for profit thing that was for women only if I recall correctly. Mixed bag..,

Back