Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lets talk about homosexuality. + my experience being a lesbian

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi guys. I've been wondering whether or not to post this for a few days. I'm just going to go for it!

I understand I'm risking hurtful comments and heated discussions. All I will ask is that everybody stays calm and respectful please. I'm going to share my experience and then relate it to my faith.

I'm a lesbian. I have found women attractive since as long as I can remember. When I was a very small child (probably about 5) I would feel confusion when women around me used to oggle and comment on "sexy" men on television. It felt confusing and even a bit gross. Women, however, took my breath away. Such beauty! I didn't know what lesbianism was though so I didn't think much about this.

I actually realized I was lesbian very late. I was 18. Through my teen years I just thought I was bisexual but "Picky" with males. I tried dating boys but I was awkward, grossed out and didn't want to do anything outside of normal friendship things. I just assumed it is because I was an "innocent" girl and also an abuse survivor.

I suppose I was thinking about the signs and it just clicked when I was 18. "Oh my goodness.. I'm gay!" I felt scared for some reason. I guess I was worried what my future would look like with this knowledge. I felt wrong for feeling scared but I couldn't help it. It is a potentially life changing realization.

Shortly after this I met a man. We were friends and he helped me navigate life being abused. For example he helped me get a job and would get me home safely. I won't get into that here as that is for a different time and I may of already said about it.

Fast forward to today. We live together "socially married" and are happier and closer than ever.

I did share my experience of this "lesbian dating a man" once on a different non religion related forum and was met with intense hostility. How can a woman be gay and with a man???

I met a girl on there who messaged me because secretly she was going through the same experience. She set up an experiment by creating a fake profile on this forum and made a fake thread "gay man dating a woman" and it was very similar to mine. She was met with positivity and love. So clearly it was a sexism issue rather than a sexuality issue that caused the hostility I received.

The hostility was so severe people tried to say I was being abusive to my partner JUST by being with him. Incredibly hurtful as I'm his carer and have saved his life multiple times already. He has a very serious disease called CESD (look it up it's on a rare disorders website if you wish).

Anyway. I'd like to state my opinion now on homosexuality and faith. This is merely my opinion so please bare this in mind. Yours may differ and that is absolutely fine.

There is no such thing as "former gay". To say this is actually sinful. Here's why I think this: My experience as a gay person clearly shows me it is a mental illness you are born with. We are all natural sinners because Adam and Eve used their free will to sin in the garden of Eden. It is important you repent, confess, acknowledge your sins. If you deny them you are not being honest with yourself, others or God.

Lets break this down. I believe the following:

Gay is a mental illness. Humans are a type of animal. Basic biology is that animals that reproduce sexually need to attract a mate. If gay is normal for a species then said species may die out due to them not reproducing. This totally dismantles the belief some gay people have that "everybody is gay. there is no such thing as straight". We believe other mental illness' are illness' for the same basic reason. They cause humans to behave in a way that challenges their health and state of being alive. Such as depression for example.

We know depression is an illness and self harm is sinful. That does not mean depressed people are condemned for hell, hated and shut out does it? Why treat gay people like that then? We ALL sin. It is God's job to judge not man. God gave man free will.

I do believe we can still classify it as a sexual orientation however. It is a sexual orientation. But it is an unnatural one clearly caused by a biological fault. Aka an illness.

There is a difference between a gay person and a PRACTICING gay person. You cannot be a former gay person. But you can be a NON PRACTICING gay person.

How are gay people saved then?

Well. As I keep stating we are ALL sinners. Every human being has an inclination to a specific deadly sin. In this example we are talking about Lust.

You may of heard of famous gay people who were "closet" but sleeping around with members of the same sex. If gay is to be considered a sexual orientation, then we cannot continue with the sympathy for these promiscuous gay people. It has nothing to do with them being gay in itself. If a gay person is in a straight relationship, they do not automatically start needing to have sex with many of the same sex. That is a lie.

Straight people are not automatically promiscuous because of their orientation. Some are but that is a CHOICE.

In other words. As a result of the sin of Lust (and adultery), some straight and some gay people choose to sleep around. They do not deserve sympathy and acceptance in doing this because it is not victimhood or being "trapped" in their relationships. It is a choice. The real victim is the partner who is being lied to and cheated on.

The people who believe in these lies are the same people who would respond with hostility to me, and as you can see from my previous example, they already did. I am a gay person but I'm not their image of gay. These people do not want you to know I exist.

Am I gay? Yes. Am I growing in faith? Yes. Am I attracted to my partner? Yes.

These people cannot grasp those concepts. But it is my truth. And further supports my belief that it is another mental illness. In spite of it, I am still able to connect with the opposite sex. I don't feel lust for them like I can for women. But as a loving person I am capable of falling for the personality of the opposite sex. I am also capable of finding my partner attractive because I am in love with him and recognise his good looks (sort of like you may recognise a celebrity of the same sex is good looking despite being straight). I am just in love with him too because of the selfless acts he committed out of being a good caring person for me.

As a result of Leviticus 18:22 (I hope I'm quoting the right one lol) I have made the decision to not practice my homosexuality. Not because I hate myself. I'm not "going without". I'm not "denying myself". I'm not a "victim". As I am in a happy loving relationship with my partner, I have no reason to have relations with anyone else man or woman. I'm very monogamous and have 0 desire to do this. So what difference does it make if I choose not to practice my lesbianism?? I am going to marry my partner legally and stay with him. I will be faithful and monogamous throughout. I will follow the biblical teachings of being a good wife. And again, I'm not a "victim". I am happy this way. It keeps everything holy, in balance, peaceful and good.

So in conclusion I am exposing the lies people are feeding you. You can be non practicing gay and perfectly happy and fulfilled. Being gay and having an uncontrollable urge to be promiscuous unless you are "accepted" is a lie. A gay person CAN be in love with the opposite sex. The cause of the initial attraction is just different that is all.

I understand it is a hard concept to wrap your head around. I struggle to explain it properly! But I'm trying my best. If you have questions please do ask me. I want to answer and help you guys understand because gay people like me do exist and awareness is a good thing as my existence proves that you can be gay and faithful. They really don't want you to know these things but awareness is important as it can show young people they are not automatically hated by God just because they fancy the same sex. This is one of the biggest reasons why young turn away from God. Society FALSELY teaches people that God is hateful, controlling and restrictive. It's all lies!

I will not be responding to blatant homophobia or hurtful responses. But I will respond to any questions. No genuine question will offend me at all. I'm mostly just hoping the friends I have made here won't hate me for this :biggrin I promise the above is 100% my truth based on my experiences.

I tried dating boys but I was awkward, grossed out

First of all, what's gross about boys? I bathe like twice a day, Lol.
As a result of Leviticus 18:22 (I hope I'm quoting the right one lol) I have made the decision to not practice my homosexuality. Not because I hate myself. I'm not "going without". I'm not "denying myself". I'm not a "victim".

Yes. Early on especially, it is a matter of no longer acting on impulses. The heart changes with time, but with sexual interests sometimes that change can be a long time coming.
So in conclusion I am exposing the lies people are feeding you. You can be non practicing gay and perfectly happy and fulfilled.

Very good. I have found my happiness in Christ. My bigger needs have always been emotional - well, sexuality ran a really close second for a long time - but while there was a time when I thought I would not be able to make it without a close friend spiritually, I'm finding it's not really the case anymore. I'll always long for close relationships - it's my nature - and I don't exactly push people away, but in the spiritual war people can unfortunately be flighty, maybe understandably so, and what I've found is that I actually don't need it so long as I am walking close to the Lord, hearing from Him, receiving from Him, walking with Him every day.

In other words, He will replace your wants and desires with Himself if you walk with Him long enough, and it is exceedingly fulfilling if you can get to that stage because His is a Love that will never leave you, never fail you, never abandon you, never reject you, no matter who you are or what mistakes you might make.

That, and I have my dogs, Lol.

(Not them, but close)

Lottie-and-Grizzly-Two-Dogs-that-Love-to-Hug-on-Every-Picture-2.jpg

First of all, what's gross about boys? I bathe like twice a day, Lol.

Yes. Early on especially, it is a matter of no longer acting on impulses. The heart changes with time, but with sexual interests sometimes that change can be a long time coming.

Very good. I have found my happiness in Christ. My bigger needs have always been emotional - well, sexuality ran a really close second for a long time - but while there was a time when I thought I would not be able to make it without a close friend spiritually, I'm finding it's not really the case anymore. I'll always long for close relationships - it's my nature - and I don't exactly push people away, but in the spiritual war people can unfortunately be flighty, maybe understandably so, and what I've found is that I actually don't need it so long as I am walking close to the Lord, hearing from Him, receiving from Him, walking with Him every day.

In other words, He will replace your wants and desires with Himself if you walk with Him long enough, and it is exceedingly fulfilling if you can get to that stage because His is a Love that will never leave you, never fail you, never abandon you, never reject you, no matter who you are or what mistakes you might make.

That, and I have my dogs, Lol.

(Not them, but close)

View attachment 14996
Hahaha I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. Men are amazing gifted humans just like women. Nothing gross about them! It was just a feeling I had sort of like if you imagined being intimate with... IDK... a extremely old, extremely young person? There's nothing wrong with them its just you don't find them attractive. I apologise, I didn't mean to insult men like that!!

Yeah I agree with what you said. I'm also relieved by your response, I was a bit worried you'd be uncomfortable with me for this post! :biggrin

And as I say, unlike the lies most gay people tell everyone, we are capable of finding the opposite sex attractive and finding love that way. I'm guessing you think Brad Pitt was good looking at some point, or some other male celebrity. You recognise his good looks but don't lust. It is very comparable to that.

But the heart is capable of falling for a good personality. So I was able to fall in love without needing the lust attraction people usually use to date. (physical attraction)

So it is basically a combination of those two things. Im in love with his soul and I recognise his good looks. I hope I'm explaining it alright lol it is a complex thing

I'd also like to add for any young gay people reading... if anything you can totally turn being gay into a positive. Lust is a sin and if you fall in love with the opposite sex as I did, your lust will be FAR easier to control than it usually is for straight people. We have an advantage in that way!

I'm also pretty sure God would be very pleased that you can overcome sin to follow him. I'm sure he is powerful and wise enough to know gay isn't a choice. But practicing is a choice. And we also live in a world that celebrates promiscuity. So to rise above all that and still be faithful despite your unique "challenges"... surely God would be very pleased in you and your faith for that!! God doesn't hate gay people. He loves us. He wants us to have faith in him. Trust him. You are not controlled, deprived or a victim for this. To follow faith and resist your lust is brave in today's world. Brave, inspiring, shows strength, and a great display of faith!

Most importantly please remember we all sin gay or not. Everyone has some sins they are predisposed to. As long as you have faith and avoid/repent/confess your sins you are forgiven because of how LOVING God actually is! Do not hate yourself or feel shameful. You are God's creation and he loves you.

I think it's one of those things you realize when you're young. You like what you like. You said you're living with a guy but aren't physical. How does that work? Why don't you find a female partner instead?

I think it's one of those things you realize when you're young. You like what you like. You said you're living with a guy but aren't physical. How does that work? Why don't you find a female partner instead?
We are physical. I'm sorry it is difficult to explain. I guess the best way to explain is we make love, we don't have sex. Sex is a form of using another person's genitals to masturbate. Making love is connecting our bodies and much more based on our emotions and love for each other, not based on trying to orgasm (although it does usually end up happening). I know it is hard to understand because my experience doesn't fit inside the boxes people try to put everybody into. But this is my true experience. I don't think sexually objectifying thoughts about my partner. When we are intimate I hug him, kiss him, tell him I love him and we snuggle up afterwards. I'm happy and in love. I don't need to find a female partner or anyone else for that matter. I suppose its a bit like saying to someone who fancies asians but is dating a white woman "why don't you just be with an asian?" You'd say, they don't need to because they are in a happy relationship and there is so much more to a relationship than physical attraction.

It is also important to note that while I don't look at him and think of sex and his privates, I do find him attractive the same way you'd find a celebrity of your sex attractive. He has big blue round eyes, very thick dark full hair, curved thin lips and his skin is very soft and smooth. He is "conventionally attractive" and has enviable looks for a man of his age. He is often ID'd in public because he looks so youthful. We look the same age haha.

It's just. Usually people focus on physical attraction when they are choosing someone to date, I fell for his heart and then AFTER that I found him attractive too because I am now in love.

I hope this answers your question a bit! I'm sensing our views on this subject are a bit different but that's totally okay. I've spoken to you a fair bit around the website and I like what you have to say. You've offered me good advice on different subjects within religion too. Basically I don't want to debate you, I rather just answer any questions you may have honestly and accept your slightly differing views :)

We are physical. I'm sorry it is difficult to explain. I guess the best way to explain is we make love, we don't have sex. Sex is a form of using another person's genitals to masturbate. Making love is connecting our bodies and much more based on our emotions and love for each other, not based on trying to orgasm (although it does usually end up happening). I know it is hard to understand because my experience doesn't fit inside the boxes people try to put everybody into. But this is my true experience. I don't think sexually objectifying thoughts about my partner. When we are intimate I hug him, kiss him, tell him I love him and we snuggle up afterwards. I'm happy and in love. I don't need to find a female partner or anyone else for that matter. I suppose its a bit like saying to someone who fancies asians but is dating a white woman "why don't you just be with an asian?" You'd say, they don't need to because they are in a happy relationship and there is so much more to a relationship than physical attraction.

It is also important to note that while I don't look at him and think of sex and his privates, I do find him attractive the same way you'd find a celebrity of your sex attractive. He has big blue round eyes, very thick dark full hair, curved thin lips and his skin is very soft and smooth. He is "conventionally attractive" and has enviable looks for a man of his age. He is often ID'd in public because he looks so youthful. We look the same age haha.

It's just. Usually people focus on physical attraction when they are choosing someone to date, I fell for his heart and then AFTER that I found him attractive too because I am now in love.

I hope this answers your question a bit! I'm sensing our views on this subject are a bit different but that's totally okay. I've spoken to you a fair bit around the website and I like what you have to say. You've offered me good advice on different subjects within religion too. Basically I don't want to debate you, I rather just answer any questions you may have honestly and accept your slightly differing views :)
Not looking for a debate. Was just genuinely curious. It just sounds complicated. If I said I was straight but was in love with and living with a guy, people would be confused and might ask questions. They'd say well, why do you call yourself straight? Why don't you date women? That kind of thing.

I once knew two sisters that were in love with each other. The world is a weird place. Or maybe it's just Florida. Lol.

Not looking for a debate. Was just genuinely curious. It just sounds complicated. If I said I was straight but was in love with and living with a guy, people would be confused and might ask questions. They'd say well, why do you call yourself straight? Why don't you date women? That kind of thing.

I once knew two sisters that were in love with each other. The world is a weird place. Or maybe it's just Florida. Lol.
Well I definitely wouldn't compare it to incest lol
The thing is people are obsessed with boxes and labels. When you get too consumed by boxes it is hard to look at people without that. I wouldve been confused by your example but now I've lived this experience I wouldn't. It is just hard to describe as it doesn't fit a neat "label" that's all. It is possible to start an attraction based on personality and not looks. Most people just use physical attraction to date.

I was confused by gay people in straight relationships and straights in gay relationships before this experience though. I thought they were -insert label here- in denial lol not very open minded but perfectly understandable

I don't think the world is wei- okay it is actually yes :biggrin :biggrin I just mean stuff like this I think diverse may be a more suitable word. Theres a lot more grey area in these things than people admit. People love labels and identity politics too much

I know you were just curious and I'm grateful you took the time to read what I had to say and ask me your question :) I just didn't want you to think I was debating is all as I think we get along. My post is a bit controversial I don't want it to hinder the community I have found here. Forums and the internet in general are heated and toxic but this is the most friendly and warm community I have ever seen anywhere <3

Thanks for taking in interest. I respect in totality that my experience is very difficult to understand. I hope by trying to elaborate I'm not coming off as condescending as that is not my intentions so apologies if I come off like that

Gays like me aren't really talked about much anywhere lol so even I struggle to find the right words to explain sometimes. Main thing is I am genuinely in a very happy healthy relationship, we both care for each other as he has internal disability and I have mental health problems. We have a good system worked out, I'm not sacrificing anything just because of what the bible says and we're both super happy :biggrin

Well I definitely wouldn't compare it to incest lol
The thing is people are obsessed with boxes and labels. When you get too consumed by boxes it is hard to look at people without that. I wouldve been confused by your example but now I've lived this experience I wouldn't. It is just hard to describe as it doesn't fit a neat "label" that's all. It is possible to start an attraction based on personality and not looks. Most people just use physical attraction to date.

I was confused by gay people in straight relationships and straights in gay relationships before this experience though. I thought they were -insert label here- in denial lol not very open minded but perfectly understandable

I don't think the world is wei- okay it is actually yes :biggrin :biggrin I just mean stuff like this I think diverse may be a more suitable word. Theres a lot more grey area in these things than people admit. People love labels and identity politics too much

I know you were just curious and I'm grateful you took the time to read what I had to say and ask me your question :) I just didn't want you to think I was debating is all as I think we get along. My post is a bit controversial I don't want it to hinder the community I have found here. Forums and the internet in general are heated and toxic but this is the most friendly and warm community I have ever seen anywhere <3

Thanks for taking in interest. I respect in totality that my experience is very difficult to understand. I hope by trying to elaborate I'm not coming off as condescending as that is not my intentions so apologies if I come off like that

Gays like me aren't really talked about much anywhere lol so even I struggle to find the right words to explain sometimes. Main thing is I am genuinely in a very happy healthy relationship, we both care for each other as he has internal disability and I have mental health problems. We have a good system worked out, I'm not sacrificing anything just because of what the bible says and we're both super happy :biggrin
Didn't mean to compare it to incest. Just used that as an example of something really out of the norm.

I can love a guy's personality. In that case, we'll probably be really good friends. I can think a guy looks good. But it's not a physical attraction, but more like admiration.

No matter his personality or his looks, there's just no way to go from best of friends to lovers. The physical attributes that make up a man makes that impossible.

That's why I find your situation interesting. It seems like you've done the impossible as far as lesbians go. Lol.

Didn't mean to compare it to incest. Just used that as an example of something really out of the norm.

I can love a guy's personality. In that case, we'll probably be really good friends. I can think a guy looks good. But it's not a physical attraction, but more like admiration.

No matter his personality or his looks, there's just no way to go from best of friends to lovers. The physical attributes that make up a man makes that impossible.

That's why I find your situation interesting. It seems like you've done the impossible as far as lesbians go. Lol.
There's definitely other cases. It's usually gay men in straight relationships because gay men are much more out and open about their life than lesbians are but yeah I appreciate what you said. I don't think its an easy thing to do. But I definitely think it is possible for some gays as theres documented evidence of it and of course my own experience. Perhaps not every gay. I'm reminded of a podcast I listened to by a lesbian on a site set up specifically for young gay teens by gay christians and she basically said she wanted to practice being single because she couldn't help being promiscuous when practicing homosexuality and she wanted to follow the bible as it was more important to her. She said basically the same as you, that she probably couldn't find a man attractive. So probably only possible for some gays. But definitely a thing

I really appreciate your interest :) Even though you may not fully understand you've been very respectful! It's much better than being called names, sworn at, told to hurt myself and told I'm abusing my partner by being with him :biggrin

You probably won't fully understand unless the experience happens to you but you know what? Thats okay. You're still being respectful to me and that's enough.

Isn't it ironic I have so far received calm open responses about this on a Christian forum but was openly mass attacked/abused by a very "open minded" left-wing community. It was a health based community too. They were basically the kind of people who say really nasty stuff about Christians specifically. Based on what I've been told by society about religion the reactions should've been reversed. Very interesting

Thanks for sharing your life experience with us.

You seem to have a good heart.

Would consider the term "spiritual illness" rather than "mental illness"?

You seem very self aware and rational, and far from being mentally ill.

JLB
Thank you :) I do have other mental health diagnoses' and often engage in self-destructive behaviours but a lot of people tell me I'm self-aware. I really appreciate your response.

And yeah possibly. Either way, before I came into religion I was a science nerd and I still am. Even before this, I still silently believed gayness has some sort of cause and isn't a normal natural thing. That's why I say mental illness. Just based on the scientific principles of sexually reproductive species gayness simply isn't and cannot be natural as it'd result in extinction which is the opposite goal of the species. So definitely "unnatural". But not a choice. I know this because of my experience. It is some sort of illness either way.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Isn't it ironic I have so far received calm open responses about this on a Christian forum but was openly mass attacked/abused by a very "open minded" left-wing community. It was a health based community too. They were basically the kind of people who say really nasty stuff about Christians specifically. Based on what I've been told by society about religion the reactions should've been reversed. Very interesting
Yes. I used to be on the left. Figured it made sense given my laidback attitude towards things like sexuality. But as time went on, I found that I couldn't disagree with anyone on the left without it devolving into adhominum. I began to have discussions with those on the right and discovered that they're actually alright.

Of course, that sort of hypocrisy exists within Christianity as well. Ted Haggard being a good example. He was a pastor of one of those mega churches we have here in the states. He used moral issues as the foundation for his ministry. A lot of anti-gay sermons and anti-drug. The latter was perfectly fine, but the former is always suspect to me.

He got caught at a truck stop having sex with a male hooker and snorting cocaine. Lol. His church tried to pass it off as him being the victim of sin or some such nonsense. The dude is gay. That's all.

Anyways... point is, always be suspicious of people that attach themselves to moral issues and make that part of their identity. They usually have something to hide or are suffering from a guilty conscience.

And hey, I think you're brave to talk about this stuff. To put yourself out there. I know there's been one or two members here who are a little overzealous. But I think it's important to get different perspectives from other Christians from different walks of life.

Yes. I used to be on the left. Figured it made sense given my laidback attitude towards things like sexuality. But as time went on, I found that I couldn't disagree with anyone on the left without it devolving into adhominum. I began to have discussions with those on the right and discovered that they're actually alright.

Of course, that sort of hypocrisy exists within Christianity as well. Ted Haggard being a good example. He was a pastor of one of those mega churches we have here in the states. He used moral issues as the foundation for his ministry. A lot of anti-gay sermons and anti-drug. The latter was perfectly fine, but the former is always suspect to me.

He got caught at a truck stop having sex with a male hooker and snorting cocaine. Lol. His church tried to pass it off as him being the victim of sin or some such nonsense. The dude is gay. That's all.

Anyways... point is, always be suspicious of people that attach themselves to moral issues and make that part of their identity. They usually have something to hide or are suffering from a guilty conscience.

And hey, I think you're brave to talk about this stuff. To put yourself out there. I know there's been one or two members here who are a little overzealous. But I think it's important to get different perspectives from other Christians from different walks of life.
Thank you so much for this!!! I totally agree with everything you said here and yep I used to be on the left and moved more to the right for exactly the same reasons. A lot of other young adults are doing the same too. Yeah I absolutely don't condone homophobia. Wrath is a sin. It is not our place to judge other people on their sins when we are also sinners, it is hypocritical and your example is absolutely perfect for this point. We are not God. Satanists think they are Godlike. All of us are sinners. I think some religious people like the one you mentioned like to cherry-pick God's teachings to essentially justify their sinful behaviour and bully others by standing on a pedestal. Those types of religious people ALWAYS seem to reject the notion that we are all sinners despite the bible making this fact absolutely crystal clear right from Genesis. The Westboro Baptist Church springs to mind here as well. (Those crazy women waving signs about saying God hates you, God hates gays etc)

I'm not sure which verse it is but someone in a TV interview said to the leader "he who has not sinned shall cast the first stone" and were trying to explain that we are all sinners, when she was trying to spew her usual homophobic drivel.. she literally just rolled her eyes and smirked saying no.

I don’t really think mental illness exists. Schizophrenia is the big one and no one has seen it on brain scans lab work or even autopsy. Life is hard. Sometimes people go mad.

Calling objectionable behavior mental illness proves my point. It’s about control. Personally..,

I was put through misery with the mental health industry. Oh man 👨

Legal control is necessary for social order. Scripture tells believers what is and is not acceptable to God. Social norms have a way of changing behavior too.

Psychiatry? IT’s slavery.

I will not be responding to blatant homophobia or hurtful responses.

So, are you saying that this is intended to be a pro homosexual thread only? Other opinions need not apply?

Previous thread have gooten heated here about lgbqz. What usually happens is the OP begins the thread with an, let's be nice request, but then as the thread progresses any opinion other than the OP's that is expressed is jumped on as homophobic. Because thier intent was for a yay gay thread.

How do you plan on handling differing opinions in your thread? Wil they be given as much respect as you say you should have, or is your desire for the thread to be yay gay?

I fugure I better ask before I post because the lgtzq guys on board have bumped heads with me in the past. And all I really do is speak things like I see them, just like they speak things as they see them. I've called them out on their rationalizations and justifications before and it wasn't pretty. Boy do they get mad! Where stand ye? Do you anger easy?

Even before this, I still silently believed gayness has some sort of cause and isn't a normal natural thing. That's why I say mental illness.

That's why I say "spiritual illness".

Examples from scripture --

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit? Proverbs 18:14

Because you are very insightful, I decided to share these particular scriptures with you.

Many times, trauma is the the cause of such things.

Abuse
Rape
Molestation
Abandonment
Rejection by parents or spouse

These things are traumactic especially when we are young, then the trauma is much worse since we are so innocent and open and vuneralable; not understanding how to gaurd our heart.

JLB

Last edited:
Both my daughters were in the LGBTQ community lifestyles and God single handled delivered them and now on fire for Christ. They have zero desires for the same sex or following the lies. We all struggle with our carnal beliefs but understanding that it isn't from God but suggestions from Satan to deceive, tempt and make you doubt God's Word. When anything doesn't line up with His Word - it's false. I highly recommend Pastor Billy Crone - getalifemedia.com.

Back