Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Limited atonement !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
From time to time and towards the end as well. But his main heart was for his disciples and even had the special three.

I think that it is you who do not understand his heart for all
people. John 3:16 assures us he loves all and elsewhere it says he would that all men come to a knowledge of the truth and be saved.
See I took time to explain to you, and you ignored it.

See I took time to explain to you, and you ignored it.
No, I don’t agree. There’s a difference.

For anyone else following, it is a common mistake to respond to those who don’t think like you think as having faulty character. This is called an ad hominem, against the person. This is what the poster did. The idea that I totally understand her position but disagree is not something considered.

When one understands how these minds work, one isn’t surprised. That is, some attack the person as a response. “I (wrongly) ignored” whereas the truth is I don’t believe it. This is more often done when one cannot defend one’s position intellectually and make no mistake, using scripture correctly requires intellect.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
No, I don’t agree. There’s a difference.

For anyone else following, it is a common mistake to respond to those who don’t think like you think as having faulty character. This is called an ad hominem, against the person. This is what the poster did. The idea that I totally understand her position but disagree is not something considered.

When one understands how these minds work, one isn’t surprised. That is, some attack the person as a response. “I (wrongly) ignored” whereas the truth is I don’t believe it. This is more often done when one cannot defend one’s position intellectually and make no mistake, using scripture correctly requires intellect.
Dont agree with what ? What was stated that you didnt agree with ?

You know, Peter knew the hearts of Ananias and his wife. Paul knew the heart of Simon. This verse doesn’t actually say no one can know what’s in the heart of another.
Peter and Paul were Apostles directly sent by God and heard from God just like the Prophets of old. Are you willing to make that claim?

What did you take time to explain and assumed that because I didn’t agree, I ignored it?
So you really dont know do you ? I figured, thats the very reason why Im reluctant to spend time answering any of your questions, since you dont really pay attention to the respond anyway. Like most, you will ignore it, and just keep asking questions to no relevant end.

That question doesnt make sense to me. Who does Jesus specifically say He died for here Jn 10:11,15 ?

The world. Jesus died for the world.

The world refers to unsaved people, whether Jew or Gentile.

JLB

Peter and Paul were Apostles directly sent by God and heard from God just like the Prophets of old. Are you willing to make that claim?
That spirit is not limited to them nor died with them. It’s not the office that grants a man discernment nor was Jesus talking to the apostles alone.

So you really dont know do you ? I figured, thats the very reason why Im reluctant to spend time answering any of your questions, since you dont really pay attention to the respond anyway. Like most, you will ignore it, and just keep asking questions to no relevant end.
I have found that calvinists in general have some elements in common with evolutionists. One of them is the opinion that if you don’t agree with them, you don’t understand. That you understand AND don’t agree doesn’t occur to either group.

Ephesians 1 Teaches Particular Redemption by Rev AS​

Ephesians 1:3 declares that we have been blessed “with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.” These blessings come to us “according as he [i.e., God] hath chosen us in him [i.e., Christ] before the foundation of the world” (4), that is, we receive all these blessings according to our eternal election (4) and predestination (5). Ephesians 1 enumerates some of our spiritual blessings: holiness (4), adoption (5), acceptance with God (6), redemption (7), the forgiveness of sins (7), the knowledge of God’s will (9), the sealing of the Holy Spirit (13) and an eternal inheritance (11, 14). Not only are we blessed according to our election (4, 5) but all the elect have “all spiritual blessings” (3). On the other hand, the fact that the reprobate are not blessed with any of these spiritual blessings is also according to the eternal “purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will” (11).

One of the spiritual blessings we have in Christ is “redemption through his blood” (7). Thus the Son’s redemption or atonement is an instance of those spiritual blessings which come to us “according as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world” (4). Therefore, the Lord redeemed, shed His blood and died for the elect and not for the reprobate. Thus the elect are forgiven (7), adopted (5), accepted (6), made holy (4) and sealed with the Spirit (13) for their eternal inheritance (11, 14) on the basis of our Saviour’s cross. The reprobate do not receive any of the spiritual blessings of Christ’s sacrifice, for He did not die for them.

The world is His Sheep, both jew and gentile. All arent His Sheep

The "world" refers to the unsaved, those who need salvation. Both Jew and Gentile.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

That spirit is not limited to them nor died with them. It’s not the office that grants a man discernment nor was Jesus talking to the apostles alone.
How can we tell what’s in the heart of others when our own hearts are deceptive?

Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
[9] The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

(Note ‘above all things’).

Right, the Holy Spirit doesn't die when men die, but He decides who and when He gifts certain people...

Ephesians 4:11 (KJV) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

(notice 'not all')

Right, the Holy Spirit doesn't die when men die, but He decides who and when He gifts certain people...

Ephesians 4:11 (KJV) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

(notice 'not all')
I very much agree. It is His choice. But the ability to discern is something we all should desire.

How can we tell what’s in the heart of others when our own hearts are deceptive?
Very good point. The Holy Spirit is able to discern and separate truth from self lies. If we want the truth about our hearts, we can ask God to show us. It will be much darker than we thought. You agree, right?
Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
[9] The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

(Note ‘above all things’).
Again I agree. God knows it right? And He can show us if we want, right? Isaiah 6 and Job speak of this seeing.

The reaction to seeing is weeping with “woe is me. I am a man of unclean lips.”

The "world" refers to the unsaved, those who need salvation. Both Jew and Gentile.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
You’re not going to convince the poster that God loves everyone despite the scriptures used. The words are redefined to mean the opposite of what the author wrote.

Reactions: JLB

If you mean unsaved elect, you are right. It doesnt refer to unsaved goats.

Back