Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Limited atonement !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Acts 4:27-28 KJV
[27] For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, [28] For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
You ignored what Jesus stated. It was Gods will. But it was not God who carried Jesus to the cross but man.

I showed you from scripture we were two of those people,

because he is kind to ungrateful and evil people. Lk.6:35
Theres are people God Loves, and people He doesnt Love Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

A people He knows and people He never knew, or Loved ! Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

But He Loves and knows His Sheep He laid down His Life for Jn 10:14-15

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep

Jesus would never tell a Sheep He loved and died for, He never knew them, for those are words of rejection. Even when His Sheep are ungodly enemies, He loves them and knows them !

He's quoting Psa.2. God determined before to show his kindness to mankind by Jesus and how vain it is to reject his love.
God also determined beforehand that His Son would die for our sins...

1 Peter 1:19-21 (KJV) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Isaiah 53:10 (NASB) But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

You ignored what Jesus stated. It was Gods will. But it was not God who carried Jesus to the cross but man.
Don't you think God could have stopped it if it was not His will? Or is God impotent?

God used men to carry out His will, similar to when Joseph declared to his brethren...

And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants. And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
(Gen 50:18-20)

Don't you think God could have stopped it if it was not His will? Or is God impotent?

God used men to carry out His will, similar to when Joseph declared to his brethren...

And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants. And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
(Gen 50:18-20)
Jesus stated He could ask the Father for 12 legions of angels. But He layed down His life of His own accord. No one takes it from Him. It could not be forced on Him. He submitted to the Fathers will.

It was the Fathers will but Jesus had a choice to make. He choose the Fathers will over His own.

Jesus stated He could ask the Father for 12 legions of angels. But He layed down His life of His own accord. No one takes it from Him. It could not be forced on Him. He submitted to the Fathers will.

It was the Fathers will but Jesus had a choice to make. He choose the Fathers will over His own.
That's right Jesus didn't call 12 legions of angels because it was the will of the Father for Him to be a sin offering for mankind.

Luke 22:42 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

That's right Jesus didn't call 12 legions of angels because it was the will of the Father for Him to be a sin offering for mankind.

Luke 22:42 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
No one could force that death on Him is the point.

Theres are people God Loves, and people He doesnt Love Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

A people He knows and people He never knew, or Loved ! Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

But He Loves and knows His Sheep He laid down His Life for Jn 10:14-15

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep

Jesus would never tell a Sheep He loved and died for, He never knew them, for those are words of rejection. Even when His Sheep are ungodly enemies, He loves them and knows them !
Yes, I agree with all the scripture you're citing, because the scripture you're citing means that before we repented, we were enemies of God.
Have you noticed how the scripture I cite agrees with the scripture you cite for contrast?
The Bible doesn't disagree with itself, which is why you're unable to interpret the scripture I cite. It's good if we learn from this. I did. Formerly, I did what you're doing. I would cite scripture which I thought supported my belief and ignore anything that seemed contrary. We all have a lot to learn. 😊

God also determined beforehand that His Son would die for our sins...

1 Peter 1:19-21 (KJV) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Yes! Our great King gave his entire life to his Father, so that our faith and hope would be in him.
Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
So Satan would bruise his heel. In other words, people who abuse Jesus are influenced by Satan, heaping their sins on our God in unrighteousness. With the two verses you cited above,
Isaiah 53:10 (NASB) But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
God is pleased that his Son endured abuse. Or was God pleased that his Son was abused? One is true and one is heresy. Which one?

Isaiah 53:10a (NASB) But the LORD was pleased To crush Him,...
Yes and I'm asking you why? Why did it please God to crush his Son? Did it please God to see the travail of his Son because God is pleased by evil people causing torment? Or is God pleased because "the travail of his soul" was the result of enduring sin against himself, instead of judging the transgressors right then?
One agrees with all scripture and one disagrees with all scripture.

Yes, I agree with all the scripture you're citing, because the scripture you're citing means that before we repented, we were enemies of God.
Have you noticed how the scripture I cite agrees with the scripture you cite for contrast?
The Bible doesn't disagree with itself, which is why you're unable to interpret the scripture I cite. It's good if we learn from this. I did. Formerly, I did what you're doing. I would cite scripture which I thought supported my belief and ignore anything that seemed contrary. We all have a lot to learn. 😊
You still dont get it. God loved some of His enemies, and God hated some of His enemies. The enemies God Loved, He proved it by Christ dying for their sins. The enemies God hates, they going to hell for their sins, Christ didnt die for them.

How can one know the correct answer if they simultaneously agree and disagree with Scripture?

James 1:8 (KJV) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Scripture doesn't disagree with other scripture,

he shall bear their iniquities. Isa.53:

Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. Mt.27:30

Spitting on and beating Christ is iniquity.

You still dont get it. God loved some of His enemies, and God hated some of His enemies. The enemies God Loved, He proved it by Christ dying for their sins. The enemies God hates, they going to hell for their sins, Christ didnt die for them.
No. Sinners will be condemned for rejecting the witness God gave them,

Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him. Mt.21:31-32

How can one know the correct answer if they simultaneously agree and disagree with Scripture?

James 1:8 (KJV) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
I'm not saying they agree and disagree at the same time. I'm saying if the scriptures seem to disagree, they're being misinterpreted.

I'm not saying they agree and disagree at the same time. I'm saying if the scriptures seem to disagree, they're being misinterpreted.
In that case one needs to ask the Lord for wisdom, why ‘it pleased the Lord to crush Him’…

Isaiah 53:10 NASB
[10] But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

Back