Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Live To Serve

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WalterandDebbie

Sabbath Overseer
Friday 10-22-21 Cheshvan 15, 5782 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 31st. Fall Day

Our Daily Bread Today | 22 October 2021 Devotional | Live To Serve

[IMG]

Our Daily Bread Today | 22 October 2021 Devotional | Message By Xochitl Dixon (Our Daily Bread Ministries)

Click To Read Previous ODB Devotional Message

TOPIC: Live To Serve

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: 1 Peter 4:8–11

KEY VERSE: Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. – 1 Peter 4:10

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Isaiah 65–66; 1 Timothy 2

TODAY’S INSIGHT: Writing to believers in Jesus who are suffering because of persecution (1 Peter 4:12–16), Peter tells them not to be fearful but to remain faithful, to “revere Christ as Lord” (3:14–15), and to live in a way that honors God before a hostile and unbelieving world (2:11–12).

In today’s passage (4:8–11), he encourages believers to “love each other deeply” (v. 8), which is demonstrated when we forgive one another, offer hospitality (v. 9), and unselfishly use our spiritual gifts to serve one another (v. 10). Believers aren’t to use their gifts for their own selfish ends but be “good managers of God’s diverse gifts” (ceb); we’re to responsibly use them to edify others and glorify God (v. 11).

Elsewhere, the apostle Paul lists some of these spiritual gifts and how they’re to be used (Romans 12:3–8; 1 Corinthians 12:4–31; Ephesians 4:11–16).

Our Daily Bread Today | 22 October 2021 Devotional Message:
After ten-year-old Chelsea received an elaborate art set, she discovered that God used art to help her feel better when she was sad. When she found out that some kids didn’t have art supplies readily available, she wanted to help them.

So when it was time for her birthday party, she asked her friends not to bring her gifts. Instead, she invited them to donate art supplies and help fill boxes for children in need.

Later, with her family’s help, she started Chelsea’s Charity. She began asking more people to help her fill boxes so she could help more kids. She has even taught art tips to groups who have received her boxes.

After a local newscaster interviewed Chelsea, people started donating supplies from all over the country. As Chelsea’s Charity continues sending art supplies internationally, this young girl is demonstrating how God can use us when we’re willing to live to serve others.

Chelsea’s compassion and willingness to share reflects the heart of a faithful steward. The apostle Peter encourages all believers in Jesus to be faithful stewards as they “love each other deeply” by sharing the resources and talents God has given them (1 Peter 4:8–11).

Our small acts of love can inspire others to join us in giving. God can even rally supporters to serve alongside us. As we rely on Him, we can live to serve and give Him the glory He deserves.

REFLECT: How can you rely on God to help you serve others today? In what way has God been nudging you to serve Him that seems too big for you to handle alone?

PRAY: Faithful Father, please give me all I need to serve You by loving others with my words and actions today.

Our Daily Bread Today | 22 October 2021 Devotional Message. Our Daily Bread Ministries (ODB) is a Christian organization founded by Dr. Martin De Haan in 1938. It is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with over 600 employees. It produces several devotional publications, including Our Daily Bread.

(Visited 57 times, 57 visits today)
Tags: our Daily Bread 2021

Our Daily Bread (odb.org)

https://odb.org/video

Love always, Walter and Debbie

My opinion.

It is ironic to me that the servant is in the greater position than the one being served. Though that is just opposite of the world's view.

I find it uncomfortable to be served. I would much rather be the one serving. Taking the lower place, in the world's eyes, but the natural place for the believer.

But our Lord Jesus Christ, will not have it. He is the Servant. (Mark 10:45) What a position He has. What a position He has elevated us to. He is the Greater. Yet He places Himself as Servant.

Quantrill

My opinion.

It is ironic to me that the servant is in the greater position than the one being served. Though that is just opposite of the world's view.

I find it uncomfortable to be served. I would much rather be the one serving. Taking the lower place, in the world's eyes, but the natural place for the believer.

But our Lord Jesus Christ, will not have it. He is the Servant. (Mark 10:45) What a position He has. What a position He has elevated us to. He is the Greater. Yet He places Himself as Servant.

Quantrill
I agree with you.
But if another wants to serve me, I let them because I don't want to take away their blessings for doing so.

My opinion.

Quantrill
Thank you
Love, Walter

Back