Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

looking around for evidence

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I lean Calvinist. One big reason is...what I've seen and continue to see around me.

Lots of people "get religion." some remain the same, with new hair cuts and church-y slang words. I honestly think some get worse...like, contorted and weird, somehow...

and then -some- are changed. doesn't seem to matter if its a megachurch or a small sbc church or more "progressive" church...

The Lord moves mightily in the lives of -some- people who "get religion."

I keep reading...how churches need to teach better and more thoroughly, make sure the church goers at least grasp and accept basics of Christianity. Those comments seem to pop up every time Barna and other groups do studies on Christians and find-- wait for it, wait for it -- that many of us are just as worldly in our outlook as anybody else. and yet...

even then, one has the truly converted. but are they/we truly converted because of proper outreach, education, etc. or is it...Jesus, Himself? for the elect?

thanks. :)

I think it's this,

And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: Isa.58:10

Back