Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Madden 2005

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ray Lewis is the new benefactor of the Madden cover curse.

New Hit Stick  Change the momentum of a game by using the right analog stick to make a huge hit, force a turnover, and send the crowd into a frenzy. Time it just right or you’ll get burned for a big play.

New Defensive Playmaker Control  You are now in complete control on defense. Modify pre-snap assignments, including double teams and player-specific match ups, for any defensive player on the field.

New Storyline Central  Get inside the NFL like you never have. Now your games are impacted by the stories that surround your team. Satisfy your star WR’s demands or watch your team chemistry suffer. Get the scoop from local and national newspapers, email from assistant coaches, and Tony Bruno’s weekly radio talk show.

Enhanced Franchise Mode  Players now react to everything that happens in the franchiseâ€â€reward a hard-working player by naming him team captain or trade away unhappy players. The new game-by-game progression system rewards players for their performance during the season.

New Fan Presentation  Your team’s crowd is now customizable with new Create-a-Fan. Be on the lookout for team-specific super fans via all-new 3D fan scenes.

New EA SPORTS™ Online  Take on the best Madden players in quick tournaments, or compete in a mini-game of Rushing Attack. Improved EA SPORTS Fair Play keeps the playing field level.

http://www.easports.com/e3/2004/madden.jsp

Madden team rankings for 2005

TEAM OVR OFF DEF

49ers 67 69 70
Bears 77 77 79
Bengals 84 86 79
Bills 82 80 94
Broncos 88 87 90
Browns 75 81 73
Buccs 83 82 85
Cardinals 71 75 70
Chargers 70 81 68
Chiefs 90 97 76
Colts 91 98 77
Cowboys 84 76 95
Dolphins 83 79 93
Eagles 92 90 90
Falcons 80 84 69
Giants 79 78 80
Jags 77 80 76
Jets 74 80 71
Lions 76 82 78
Packers 89 90 83
Panthers 94 85 99
Patriots 98 90 99
Raiders 72 70 83
Rams 86 92 75
Ravens 88 80 96
Redskins 88 90 84
Saints 80 82 74
Seahawks 88 90 88
Steelers 80 81 83
Texans 76 81 70
Titans 92 89 86
Vikings 81 90 82

http://www.madden04.com/maddenplanet/ne ... CHmR.shtml

nfl2k5_ff2_05.jpg

nfl2k5_ffrx_01.jpg

nfl2k5_ff6_14.jpg

nfl2k5_ff3_01.jpg

nfl2k5_ff2_16.jpg

Take it from me who already owns the game... pay $20.00 for ESPN NFL 2K5. I'll never go back to Madden again! It's great.

BL

I'll never go back to Madden again!

I thought you've bought the ESPN series mostly anyways. I will give it to them though, very smart selling the game for $19.99. Thats a good way to get those who are unsure what to buy.

I still don't understand why they don't get real announcers (Patrick, Theisman and McGuire) in the ESPN NFL series. They had real announcers in the ESPN NHL series and I'll admit I bought and liked it and didn't even consider buying the EA NHL game.

Some incentive for Madden fans is the collectors disc which will have greatest games included which I loved playing when they were included in the PS1 games.

Best football game on the market is still easily EA's NCAA series. Defense in this 2005 game is off the hook.

I thought you've bought the ESPN series mostly anyways.

Usually buy both, but I'm tellin' you, this game is all that and a bag of chips for $20.00. My buddy has NCAA, but he took it back for ESPN because it's just that good. It has the top 25 games of all time that you can replay (like the Ice Bowl, the Immaculate Reception, The Catch, etc), you can program your own Stadium Music, Maximum Tackling, Online Leagues, Weekly Preparation in Franchise... it's just astounding how much you get for the money. Oh and the other cool thing:

Instead of User Name, you get a VIP. Stands for Virtual Identity Profile. Basically the game saves everything you ever do to this thing and other people can scout you out online. But that's not the cool part. The cool part is that if my buddy comes over and plays and then leaves, I can still play him by telling the computer to use his VIP! It's scary how much it plays like him.

The reason they don't get real announcers is because they wouldn't be able to commit enough time for recording. The ESPN series has the most varied commentating in the genre... Still, they have Chris Berman who does a pre-game, halftime and post-game show (including video highlights this year), and now they've got Trey Wingo and Suzy Kolbert for Sportscenter and player interviews. It's really nice.

My suggestion:

Go buy it for $20.00 (even less with a coupon), and play it until you get Madden.

BL

Looks to me like those guys don't know anything about ESPN. Take a look at some of the quotes from game reviewers:

From IGN, probably the most respected Videogame reviewer:
This is one of the finest sports experiences I've had the pleasure of enjoying. ESPN NFL 2K5 is a steal at $20. Even if you are a die-hard Madden fan, I highly recommend picking NFL 2K5 up and playing it for three weeks. Yes, go ahead and get Madden when it's out. Two great football games for just $70? That shouldn't be passed up by any gridiron fan. The custom soundtrack clips are about the coolest thing I've ever heard in a football game. I love having 'pac kick it whenever the LaDanian scores a TD. Great game, great price -- go out and get it.

Are you kidding me? This game rivals Madden in every way and surpasses it in feature set... and it's only twenty dollars. Plus, it's out three weeks ahead of Madden. Fans of the series will love the improvements and continue to sing its praises. Those who haven’t tried it yet should give it a look at the low price point… it's easily worth fifty bucks, but you don't have to spend that!

Score - 9.4

Xbox Magazine:

So, not only is ESPN an outrageously inexpensive AAA-level game, it's also the best NFL title on teh Xbox at any price.

So what did they say about Madden?

This is still one of the premier sports franchises on the Xbox and it has stepped up its game with online play. However, the competition has gotten a lot tougher in the meantime.

Game Informer rates it higher. Official Playstation Magazine rates it higher. No other reviewers have reviewed both (Madden comes out next week).

Also, here's some threads from people who know what they're talking about (a.k.a. they have the game and have had Madden before):

http://boards.ign.com/Xbox_General_Board/b5076/64353667/?7
http://boards.ign.com/Xbox_General_Board/b5076/63274491/?29
http://boards.ign.com/Xbox_General_Board/b5076/63801269/?21

Like I said, I play both and I'm tellin' ya, this is the game to own - especially after seeing the reviews. You owe it to yourself as an NFL fan to grab it for $20.00.

BL

Hey in the 25 greatest games part do they let you play the endings of the games or how does that work? Is it like how they used to do it on PS1's Madden and what they've been doing in the NCAA Football games the past couple years? I've always liked playing them.

I'll probably pick up a copy tomorrow and see if I like it.

Back