Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Many Servants-Few Lovers of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

dga

There are always two primarily things, we can do for our relationship with God. The first thing is to spend time with God, praying, worshiping and thanking him, and listening to what he wants to tell us. The second thing is, doing things for God.

Spending time with God, talking to him, and he talking to us, is called a relationship, and in any relationship, there is a conversation. Doing things for God, is doing things for him. There is not a conversations, and there is not listening and speaking, to one another. That is not a relationship, because there is no conversation.

A relationship without a conversation, is dead, and is no relationship at all. If two people do not talk with each other, and do not spend time together, there is not relationship. Spending time together with another person, and talking to, and listening to them, is what defines, and develops relationship.

On the other hand, doing things for God, although important and necessary, is lacking the relationship and conversation part of it, which makes a relationship, to exist and be a relationship.

Of course, doing things for God, is still because of our love for God and still expresses our love for God, but is not a relationship in the full sense of it.

Even Jesus said that Mary has chosen the better part, in comparison to her sister Martha, because Mary was sitting at the feet of Jesus, looking in to his eyes, and listening to what Jesus was saying. Luke 10:38-41

On the other hand, Martha was busy in the kitchen, doing things for God, but not spending time with him. Surely Martha was doing things in the kitchen out of her love for Jesus, to prepare a meal for him and his disciples, but there was not a conversation, and there was not talking to, and listening to each other. So there was not really a relationship.

Relationships is only when two persons spend time with each other, talking and listening to each other, even if they do not anything for each other, just spending time together, and listening and talking. Just sharing with each other. Just loving each other. Love is about relationship, relating to each other, and relationships is about a conversation.

MORE: Shall I Come and Heal Him?

Discipleship means those who follow the doctrines of Christ through Gods word and Servitude means to wait on or serve. It often denotes people who dedicate themselves voluntarily to the service of another. The servants of God are devoted to his service as they walk with the Lord having that personal relationship talking to Him and also being still long enough to hear God speak to us as the Holy Spirit guides us in all things that bring glory and honor unto the Lord.

SERVITUDE

Fear: To have reverence, respect and humbleness for another

We fear God, but not in the way we would fear or be scared of the unknown, but respect and humble ourselves before his throne of grace. None of us has ever seen God in the physical for we know he is Spiritual without form, but we respect and humble ourselves before him because he is the creator of all that is good and that is why we reverence him.

We serve God out of respect for the truth of his spoken word that gives us instruction in our lives on how to lead a life that is pleasing to the Father. The only way we can be pleasing to God is by being a humbled servant that wants others to know his mercy and grace. We experience the goodness of God by being a faithful servant that never wavers in the face of our enemies as God makes our path straight before our feet.

Psalms 2:11 Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.
Psalms 5:7 But as for me I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
Psalms 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

Back