Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Math: "Bah, humbug!" I mean, who needs it?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Sparkey

Retired
Have you ever heard one of those conversations where the participants take it too far and they get bumped off-track by missing the forest for all the trees?

Sometimes that happens with me for math. You know how it goes, right? There we are, for instance, talking about the Bible and somebody may say something like "God is good," and my inner analyst breaks it down into tiny parts for examination, digesting the data-bits, if you will, to the result of something like, 'Hmmmm... yes. Agreed.'

My inner thought says, 'When talking about God, it is TRUE that he us good.'

Now, all that happens in a nano-second. I might only perceive the results as general agreement but if we're focused on what others are saying, we hear it, take it in, chew it a bit and accept or reject. Either we are with the speaker or not, right?

I mean, you're with me so far.

When it comes to math, what i find is that i'm rather distractable. One may rightly say, for instance, "One of us can turn 1,000, two of us 10,000,' and I'm okay with that, of course. It's the Word of Truth, afterall. Agreed. Actually, there is an 'auto-agreement' that we've been trained to use. It first verifies the quote and in me, compares it with my recollection of the KJV, then rubber-stamps it as true.

But something else may happen as well. I call it the, "Whatsoever things are good, whatsoever things are pure...' thing where we think on these things that are known good and pure. We ruminate on them. This may kick in and there I am, thinking aboyt the rate of increase again.

The Scripture, and my process goes like this: If one can turn 1,000 that establishes a ratio of 1:1,000 (read 'one to one thousand). cf. 2:10,000 we see the result as bigger or more. But what about the rate of increase? How much more?

How much more, exactly? Given that the rate of growth stays the same, or that the rate of increase remains constant, right? How many can 3 of us turn?

Those of us that are in the front of the class, hands raised, saying, 'ask me, i know, I know,'' are focused. Others? Not so much.

Hence, mr title comes to mind. Math, bah-humbug. Who needs it? We know what our Father said. He said, "Do not forsake the joining of youtselves together," right? He went on to say something like, "especially as you see the end drawing near."

So here we are. Fellowshipping. Joining ourselves. Talking about things we have in common and things we don't. Forming bonds of friendship, allowing and encouraging them to strengthen, and that too is good. If we are ever to have LOVE BANNERS flying over us so much that even the heathen will see and notice? Well, it has to start somewhere.

Somewhere like here. Let those who have an ear to hear, let them hear, said one man to all of creation, angels (his servants) included. We are able to speak the Word, the Truth, in the manner in which we gave been taught.

We can put on our big-boy pants and become more and more like our Savior as fellowship simply takes its natural course. We may wax bold and preach. Our friends applaud even the tiny steps.

But u diverge. Or I do.

Back to the titled subject, maths.

Those of us who answered, Trhee (3) can turn 10 x 10,000 = 100,000 may be right, mathmagicality.

But what about four (4) of us believers? Hiw much spirit-potential with four? If it worked like horse-power, there would be a direct, one-to-one relationship. Add one horse and get 1 HP more as a result.

Some may recall hearing about exponential rate of increase. That would go more like, 2, 4, 16, 64... QUITE-A-BIT faster. Cell growth can attain this rate. But what about the Blessing rate for joining together in His NAME?

Yes. As one might expect, this would be faster still. 10 times faster? Let's see, shall we?

IF 1 IS TO 1,000 AS 2 IS TO 10,000, HOW MANY IS 3?

Half the problem is solved by forming the right question, right? 3 would yield (at that rate of increase) something like this: 10 x 10,000 = 100,000. Three (3) can turn one hundred thousand (100,000). Now THAT'S a favorable rate. How much would you like it if the bank offered those rates? And our treasure is kept for us where no thief may break in, so it is secure AND it is paid out throughout eternitr. In ither words, we shall see Him, shall know Him even as we are known for we do not yet know what we shall be, but we do know who wr're gonna be like, do we not?

Blessed rate = 1:000, 2:10,000, 3:100,000, 4:1,000,000.
Exponential rate = 1x1=1, 2x2=4, 3x3=9, 4x4=16.
Direct rate, 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4.

Again, 1, 2, 3, 4 (us alone).
1, 4, 9, 16 (us in collaboration with each other)
And when we add the 'whereever two or more of you agree as touching... blessing': 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000.

Whatsoever things are good... whatsoever things are pure. Math? Maybe, but no so much. To God goes the glory. It's the WAY and the Truth and the light if the Word in us.

Hallelujah

One of us can turn 1,000, two of us 10,000,' and I'm okay with that, of course. It's the Word of Truth,
What are you going on about.
When have you turned into thousand people?

Are you referring to God's promise to faithful Israel that one Israelite would be able to route a thousand Philistines?
How do you apply that practically to Christians today?
What evidence do you have that it has been applied successfully today?

When have you turned into thousand people?
Do we know each other, stranger?

Read the quote again. Proverbs, right?

QUOTE: 'One [of us] can turn 1,000...'

I'd have to look it up to be sure but that's probably either David speaking or his son, Solomon. The word, 'into' did NOT come from me.

Is it in Phillipians that I read the command, "Do all things without argument or complaint?

I'm trying to be subtle, but, as you can tell, subtlety might not be my strong point.

This, if I am not mistaken, is the General, Forum area, not a debate area. The post is about math more so than a place where we are invited to roll up our belief sets into little balls so that we may throw them at each other, right?

Sparkey out...

Last edited:
Read the quote again. Proverbs, right?
Is it in Phillipians that I read the command, "Do all things without argument or complaint

May I suggest you become familiar with the Bible gateway web site where one can type in part of a verse and it will find it. Google will also do it.

Quoting a verse you don't know either what it says or how to understand it from its context is quite frankly stupid.
Please resarch the verses and try again as so far what you've posted is nonsence.

May I suggest you become familiar with the Bible gateway web site where one can type in part of a verse and it will find it. Google will also do it.

Quoting a verse you don't know either what it says or how to understand it from its context is quite frankly stupid.
Please resarch the verses and try again as so far what you've posted is nonsence.
Stupid, is it?

My General Rule is to ignore the first time the conversation degrades into name-calling, but there are exceptions.

Have you ever heard one of those conversations where the participants take it too far and they get bumped off-track by missing the forest for all the trees?

Sometimes that happens with me for math. You know how it goes, right? There we are, for instance, talking about the Bible and somebody may say something like "God is good," and my inner analyst breaks it down into tiny parts for examination, digesting the data-bits, if you will, to the result of something like, 'Hmmmm... yes. Agreed.'

My inner thought says, 'When talking about God, it is TRUE that he us good.'

Now, all that happens in a nano-second. I might only perceive the results as general agreement but if we're focused on what others are saying, we hear it, take it in, chew it a bit and accept or reject. Either we are with the speaker or not, right?

I mean, you're with me so far.

When it comes to math, what i find is that i'm rather distractable. One may rightly say, for instance, "One of us can turn 1,000, two of us 10,000,' and I'm okay with that, of course. It's the Word of Truth, afterall. Agreed. Actually, there is an 'auto-agreement' that we've been trained to use. It first verifies the quote and in me, compares it with my recollection of the KJV, then rubber-stamps it as true.

But something else may happen as well. I call it the, "Whatsoever things are good, whatsoever things are pure...' thing where we think on these things that are known good and pure. We ruminate on them. This may kick in and there I am, thinking aboyt the rate of increase again.

The Scripture, and my process goes like this: If one can turn 1,000 that establishes a ratio of 1:1,000 (read 'one to one thousand). cf. 2:10,000 we see the result as bigger or more. But what about the rate of increase? How much more?

How much more, exactly? Given that the rate of growth stays the same, or that the rate of increase remains constant, right? How many can 3 of us turn?

Those of us that are in the front of the class, hands raised, saying, 'ask me, i know, I know,'' are focused. Others? Not so much.

Hence, mr title comes to mind. Math, bah-humbug. Who needs it? We know what our Father said. He said, "Do not forsake the joining of youtselves together," right? He went on to say something like, "especially as you see the end drawing near."

So here we are. Fellowshipping. Joining ourselves. Talking about things we have in common and things we don't. Forming bonds of friendship, allowing and encouraging them to strengthen, and that too is good. If we are ever to have LOVE BANNERS flying over us so much that even the heathen will see and notice? Well, it has to start somewhere.

Somewhere like here. Let those who have an ear to hear, let them hear, said one man to all of creation, angels (his servants) included. We are able to speak the Word, the Truth, in the manner in which we gave been taught.

We can put on our big-boy pants and become more and more like our Savior as fellowship simply takes its natural course. We may wax bold and preach. Our friends applaud even the tiny steps.

But u diverge. Or I do.

Back to the titled subject, maths.

Those of us who answered, Trhee (3) can turn 10 x 10,000 = 100,000 may be right, mathmagicality.

But what about four (4) of us believers? Hiw much spirit-potential with four? If it worked like horse-power, there would be a direct, one-to-one relationship. Add one horse and get 1 HP more as a result.

Some may recall hearing about exponential rate of increase. That would go more like, 2, 4, 16, 64... QUITE-A-BIT faster. Cell growth can attain this rate. But what about the Blessing rate for joining together in His NAME?

Yes. As one might expect, this would be faster still. 10 times faster? Let's see, shall we?

IF 1 IS TO 1,000 AS 2 IS TO 10,000, HOW MANY IS 3?

Half the problem is solved by forming the right question, right? 3 would yield (at that rate of increase) something like this: 10 x 10,000 = 100,000. Three (3) can turn one hundred thousand (100,000). Now THAT'S a favorable rate. How much would you like it if the bank offered those rates? And our treasure is kept for us where no thief may break in, so it is secure AND it is paid out throughout eternitr. In ither words, we shall see Him, shall know Him even as we are known for we do not yet know what we shall be, but we do know who wr're gonna be like, do we not?

Blessed rate = 1:000, 2:10,000, 3:100,000, 4:1,000,000.
Exponential rate = 1x1=1, 2x2=4, 3x3=9, 4x4=16.
Direct rate, 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4.

Again, 1, 2, 3, 4 (us alone).
1, 4, 9, 16 (us in collaboration with each other)
And when we add the 'whereever two or more of you agree as touching... blessing': 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000.

Whatsoever things are good... whatsoever things are pure. Math? Maybe, but no so much. To God goes the glory. It's the WAY and the Truth and the light if the Word in us.

Hallelujah
I get it Sparkey and I love it
I was pruning my apple tree but I couldn't reach the thick branches. My son came along and cut the thick ones whole I stayed on the ground and cut them all up so there would fit in the garden bones.
His father-in-law turned up and got rid of all the bramble bushes. By lunch time the garden was all slick and span. Garden parties can accommodate mir people now

So let's go. It all starts in this forum.

while i get the statement as its a charismatic thing,I am skeptical ,either its wrong or its a correct belief and people who can pray ,etc aren't common enough .

I admit it could me unbelief

Greetings, Mr. Cranman! A) ways a pleasure, sir.

(stupid auto correct: the 'A) ways' typo should have been, was intended to be: 'It is always a pleasure, sir) --- grrrr?

The sound of the turtle[dove] is heard...

Tessa!!!
Thank you for your comment. U r always and ferever welcome, blessed one. Good to hear your voice again.

Like the sound of a waterbrook, you are.
Like the sound of a waterbrook. Nice poetry. And I agree of course.

Nice poetry.
TY.

It was 'borrowed' or just plain taken from the public domain: Deep calls to Deep at the sound (font) of thy waterbrook, and all Thy ways... errr... I mean 'all Thy waves...

Yes.

We may not have been formally introduced, humble soul but setting all formality aside, "Hello, Brother!" [/big hug?].

Maybe some day... the courage to greet with an holy kiss shall be mine. Hope springs eternal

TY.

It was 'borrowed' or just plain taken from the public domain: Deep calls to Deep at the sound (font) of thy waterbrook, and all Thy ways... errr... I mean 'all Thy waves...

Yes.

We may not have been formally introduced, humble soul but setting all formality aside, "Hello, Brother!" [/big hug?].

Maybe some day... the courage to greet with an holy kiss shall be mine. Hope springs eternal
I checked your interests/hobbies. What a long list! You must be quite intelligent.

You see, as we practice our math, or any thing, for that matter, we may perceive. And if what we perceive is an opportunity to improve? Well, weeeee have a choice.

Take or leave for later? Both are good for has it not been said in truth, "I will never leave you."?

We practice math, mathematics (after a manner of speaking) enters our hearts. What if we practice speaking the Word of Truth? Does this not also enter?

Now, what is able to change and renew us from the inner man out??!?

Indeed, you have the right of it.

PS and BTW: Speaking the Word in kindness, is sometimes called prophecy. Especially as it bubbles up inside. That is like doing a 'perk' test before digging a well or even b4 putting in a septic tank, no offence, lol.

We are the Eretz of God.

Sparkey for some odd reason I always get you and this is my favorite post from you.

If one can add 3000 in a day, how greater the number if everyone by just one could multiply that number in such a larger scale that we could not even fathom. Glory definitely belongs to the Lord who adds to or takes away. Math is all around us.

There is no nonsense about what Sparkey has said that is very thought provoking as it is all scriptural without adding book, chapter and verse if one knows the documents and letters that have been written by the Prophets and Disciples.

Sparkey for some odd reason I always get you and this is my favorite post from you.

If one can add 3000 in a day, how greater the number if everyone by just one could multiply that number...

Math is all around us.
It is very refreshing to hear this as you have earned much rehspect, not only with me.

Thank you kindly for your graciousness. I think psalms 133 is the 'reason' we are given to understand both here and always.

Last edited:
A prior post in this thread challenged the premise that was being presented. The poster seemed to have a distinct prrference for writings more formal than mine.

That is okay. What is NOT okay are endless debates.

For profitability's sake, we may wish to see 1 Peter, chapter 1, around verse 10 and nearby.

Here we see a glimpse of exactly How God ensured that all Scripture was/is/and shall remain profitable for instruction and reproof in righteousness.

Not even the holy men of ages past understood wha His Spirit was doing through them. They searched diligently, yss. And what did they discover?

Nothing. It was not in their own power that the sacred secrets were made known. No. It was shown to them that His Grace was focused toward the end product.

That is us. That is 'those with an ear to hear".

You see, we (you and me) are the beneficiaries of an agreement between our God and His Christ.

Let me say that again. We (you and me) get the goods because justice demands that Jesus be rewarded.

Paul spoke of a mystery. That is one of the biggest 'lead-ins' to a story that I have ever seen. The Bible is our glimpse into a love-song, nay to The Love Song of the ages. It flows between two that are absolutely Holy, holy, holy and we are called into this so that The very Will of God shall be seen. Even here. Even now.

And if that does not drop us to our knees, it just means, we are to "wait for yet a little while for he is not willing that any should perish."

Period. When shall the Time of the Gentiles be over? We are to wait for yet a little while before His Glory Is seen.

Wanna know a secret? It is said that a woman's hair is her glory. In the view of the wise, her hair also represents her willingness to remain under and content herself in submission unto God, which is OUR UNALIENABLE RIGHT. We were purchased with a great price to ensure our absolute fight to submit in Christ to God in all things. There is no denying.

This a prophetic Type/Anti-type. A foreshadowing or prequil, if you will. Willingness and submission is owed to God and God alone. All else flows from this. My conclusion is that the revealing of the saints of God is the same (at least in part, for that is what an analogy is, a metaphor that lines up in many, but not all ways)... is the san
Me as... Seeing His Glory. He calls us that. No, it is not exactly profable. We'll, not mathetically, in any case.

Heck, to math infinity CAN'T be a number. God's plan has not even entered into ours or anyone's mind but we shall know Him even as we are known.

Last edited:
Back