Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Me and my sister are constantly fighting

Warrior8080

Supporter
From
UK
Every day for whatever reason we constantly fight about everything. I can do nothing right in her eyes and she can do nothing right in mine.

it is really a gripe, she destroys my work and I destroy hers. We will have nothing left of this continues. Please I need your advice. She sparks so much anger in me. I am younger and I guess a follower in a way. She gets angry and then I get angry.

Warrior8080

Supporter
From
UK
found the solution

Attachments

• C702F6DE-DDB1-432D-B03F-441E33BBFAC3.png
    C702F6DE-DDB1-432D-B03F-441E33BBFAC3.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 3

Who Me

From
London England
Every day for whatever reason we constantly fight about everything. I can do nothing right in her eyes and she can do nothing right in mine.

You have to learn not to respond.
In many jobs working with the public one gets the blame and rough side of customers tounges for things that have nothing to do with you. You cannot respond in kind, so have to ignore the abuse etc and try to calm things down.

So instead of replying to her words, ignore them, look to see what the issue is.
If there is a cause for her attack, apologise.
If there is no cause you are aware of try saying I don't know what I've done to make you angry, can we discuss it as reasonable adults.
If nothing works walk away and in the privacy of your room scream into a pillow.

See if you can be the mature adult and her the ranting and raving juvenile.

WIP

Staff member
From
Central Minnesota, USA
Christian
Yes
Sounds to me like possibly a lack of mutual respect. You don't respect her enough to listen to her and she does the same. Both are bull-headed and unyielding. Maybe you have to learn to accept the fact that you are each unique and individual. I suspect the best way to get past this is for one of you to take the lead and "bridle your tongue" as James put it. Just my :twocents.

Hopeful

From
Arizona

it is really a gripe, she destroys my work and I destroy hers. We will have nothing left of this continues. Please I need your advice. She sparks so much anger in me. I am younger and I guess a follower in a way. She gets angry and then I get angry.
What are you two? Nine and twelve?
Grow up.
Ignore the bad and compliment the good...it is like training puppies.

When was the last time you complimented her on something?