Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Meat Understanding

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LABrown

MEAT UNDERSTANDING (SOLID FOOD)(DOER OF THE WORD)(APOSTLE)(SPIRITUAL WORKS)(ELEVEN YEARS)

1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Matt 13:11
11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Matt 13:16-17
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
1 Cor 13:8-11
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
1 Cor 8:1-3
1 Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
1 Cor 2:12
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
1 Cor 2:14-15
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
1 Cor 2:13
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:4
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
1 Pet 1:13-15
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;
15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,
Gal 1:12
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Rom 16:25
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
Matt 13:35
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
Luke 8:17
17 "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.
1 Cor 6:12
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
Luke 6:47
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
2 Pet 2:20-22
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
Heb 2:1-3
1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,
3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
Heb 5:14
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil
Matt 8:11-12
11 "And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

ELEVEN MORE YEARS IN THE MEAT TO COME TO REVELATIONS
Gal 2:1-2
1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.
Luke 4:19
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
Rom 6:8-10
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is a milk and a meat understanding to every verse. This is why we shouldnt be fighting one another over what a verse means. It is sad to me to see people arguing over what a verse means. One could have the milk understanding and one could have the meat understanding. I have been through them both and know from experiance that both meanings are necassary. But with out knowing of the milk and the meat to many just want to try to prove someone wrong. Which is the wrong spirit to be sharing the Word of God.
Every verse has more than one meaning. Every verse is a spiritual principle that the Holy Spirit uses to teach us by. And when you define a verse with another verse that is the meat. It will always separate those in the milk and those in the meat.In the milk understanding you judge others by what comes out of their mouth. In the meat understanding you only judge what comes out of your own mouth.

See also New Wine, Milk,carnal language, Language of the Spirit

MEAT UNDERSTANDING (SOLID FOOD)(DOER OF THE WORD)(APOSTLE)(SPIRITUAL WORKS)(ELEVEN YEARS)

1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Matt 13:11
11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Matt 13:16-17
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
1 Cor 13:8-11
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
1 Cor 8:1-3
1 Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
1 Cor 2:12
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
1 Cor 2:14-15
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
1 Cor 2:13
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:4
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
1 Pet 1:13-15
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;
15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,
Gal 1:12
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Rom 16:25
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
Matt 13:35
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
Luke 8:17
17 "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.
1 Cor 6:12
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
Luke 6:47
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
2 Pet 2:20-22
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
Heb 2:1-3
1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,
3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
Heb 5:14
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil
Matt 8:11-12
11 "And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

ELEVEN MORE YEARS IN THE MEAT TO COME TO REVELATIONS
Gal 2:1-2
1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.
Luke 4:19
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
Rom 6:8-10
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is a milk and a meat understanding to every verse. This is why we shouldnt be fighting one another over what a verse means. It is sad to me to see people arguing over what a verse means. One could have the milk understanding and one could have the meat understanding. I have been through them both and know from experiance that both meanings are necassary. But with out knowing of the milk and the meat to many just want to try to prove someone wrong. Which is the wrong spirit to be sharing the Word of God.
Every verse has more than one meaning. Every verse is a spiritual principle that the Holy Spirit uses to teach us by. And when you define a verse with another verse that is the meat. It will always separate those in the milk and those in the meat.In the milk understanding you judge others by what comes out of their mouth. In the meat understanding you only judge what comes out of your own mouth.

See also New Wine, Milk,carnal language, Language of the Spirit
Yup, a MILK understanding for sure.

How do I measure? Well it all sounds like stuff you came up with. It’s fairly cut and dried. I mean the “rule” that every scripture has two meanings is something a man would invent. The idea of a kind of esoteric understanding is something a man would invent. There’s no flavor of the Holy spirit that is something a man cannot invent.

I evaluate your words because biblically you claim an elevated position and the christian thing to
do is to see if these things be so. In addition, I am a mature sister who can do so having seen enough of wolves and charlatans in the church. It’s easy for me to discern another believer’s level if they share enough of their inner man (words.) Give a man space and time to talk, they cannot help but reveal themselves.

Maybe that’s why so many just post reams and reams of scripture although that also shows a lack inside. An inability to give an answer but merely copy and paste also tells everyone something.

Yup, a MILK understanding for sure.

How do I measure? Well it all sounds like stuff you came up with. It’s fairly cut and dried. I mean the “rule” that every scripture has two meanings is something a man would invent. The idea of a kind of esoteric understanding is something a man would invent. There’s no flavor of the Holy spirit that is something a man cannot invent.

I evaluate your words because biblically you claim an elevated position and the christian thing to
do is to see if these things be so. In addition, I am a mature sister who can do so having seen enough of wolves and charlatans in the church. It’s easy for me to discern another believer’s level if they share enough of their inner man (words.) Give a man space and time to talk, they cannot help but reveal themselves.

Maybe that’s why so many just post reams and reams of scripture although that also shows a lack inside. An inability to give an answer but merely copy and paste also tells everyone something.
Its obvious you dont know the difference between the milk and the meat understanding. The meat is done with all scripture. Your judging with carnality and no scripture. If you dont know what the meat understanding is you certainly cant judge the meat.

Its obvious you dont know the difference between the milk and the meat understanding. The meat is done with all scripture. Your judging with carnality and no scripture. If you dont know what the meat understanding is you certainly cant judge the meat.
I’m sure that view comforts your pride. Anyone who doesn’t see anything of the Holy Spirit in your writings is defective. Easy as pie. Honor you or be called defective.

lol I hope your looking in a mirror.
I did not say you are defective. I said your posts do not reflect anything deeper or meaty. You are not long for this site. Your kind ("I am full of knowledge and let me educate you of less understanding") come and go regularly.

I did not say you are defective. I said your posts do not reflect anything deeper or meaty. You are not long for this site. Your kind ("I am full of knowledge and let me educate you of less understanding") come and go regularly.
Have you ever read the bible??
Women Shouldnt Have A Public Opinion
[Act 5:12-14
[12] And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.
[13] Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly.
[14] And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,

[Act 17:10-13
[10] Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.
[11] These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily [to find out] whether these things were so.
[12] Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men.
[13] But when the Jews from Thessalonica learned that the word of God was preached by Paul at Berea, they came there also and stirred up the crowds.
[Rom 1:24-26
[24] Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
[25] who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
[26] For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

[1Co 14:34-38
[34] Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but [they are] to be submissive, as the law also says.
[35] And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
[36] Or did the word of God come [originally] from you? Or [was it] you only that it reached?
[37] If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
[38] But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
[Phl 4:3, 6
[3] And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names [are] in the Book of Life. ...
[6] Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
[1Ti 2:8-14
[8] I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;
[9] in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,
[10] but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.
[11] Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
[12] And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
[13] For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
[14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
[1Ti 5:1-3
[1] Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort [him] as a father, younger men as brothers,
[2] older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity.
[3] Honor widows who are really widows.
[2Ti 3:5-9
[5] having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
[6] For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
[7] always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
[8] Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
[9] but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
[Tit 2:3-5, 7
[3] the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
[4] that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
[5] [to be] discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed. ...
[7] in all things showing yourself [to be] a pattern of good works; in doctrine [showing] integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,

xxx Women shouldnt have a public opinion. They should never try to teach a man. They are to be silent in the church. Where two or three men are gathered together in Jesus' name is a church. A woman is to learn from her own husband at home. It all has to do with authority. If a man sees another man commit a crime he does not have the authority to arrest that man, he should take it to the authorities. If a woman hears a man say something wrong about the bible she does not have the authority to correct him. She should take it to her husband.

[Mat 18:20
[20] "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

She may prophesy in support of a prophet if allowed.Prophesy means to quote a verse.

[1Co 14:29, 31–32
[29] Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. ...
[31] For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
[32] And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

[1Ti 5:4–11
[4] But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show piety at home and to repay their parents; for this is good and acceptable before God.
[5] Now she who is really a widow, and left alone, trusts in God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day.
[6] But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.
[7] And these things command, that they may be blameless.
[8] But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
[9] Do not let a widow under sixty years old be taken into the number, [and not unless] she has been the wife of one man,
[10] well reported for good works: if she has brought up children, if she has lodged strangers, if she has washed the saints' feet, if she has relieved the afflicted, if she has diligently followed every good work.
[11] But refuse [the] younger widows; for when they have begun to grow wanton against Christ, they desire to marry,

Back