Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Members That Go to Church... Do You...?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Golgotha

Do you advertise this Christian forum in your church bulletins for fellow church members to come to?

I would think in the time of the pandemic and some believers out of work, they could use another option for fellowship or for serving Him in ministry while stuck at home.

Just a thought. I do not go to any church around here and so Jesus has been my outlet in fellowship but now that my folks has gotten another internet service, I am presently here as long as the Lord is willing to have me here and to continue to lead me to be here.

I would never recommend this place at my own local body. Too much heresy and quasi-baloney in general. There might be a few topics that would alert more developed believers to how the enemy/world tries to get their foot in the door, but not much more than that.

Moving this thread to the Lounge as a better fit for others to respond to. This forum is for welcoming new members.

I would never recommend this place at my own local body. Too much heresy and quasi-baloney in general. There might be a few topics that would alert more developed believers to how the enemy/world tries to get their foot in the door, but not much more than that.
And you do not see this in many churches also where Satan sits right up front!!!

I think too often we hold our own church doctrines above the Word of God. What I mean is too often when we hear a teaching contrary to what our own denomination or church has taught us, we immediately define it as heresy. But, heresy is not necessarily something contrary to our church/denominational doctrine but rather it is something contrary to the Scriptures.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 NKJV

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV

I consider Christian forums as an outreach ministry and a way for the Lord to iron sharpen iron one another in the knowledge of Him.

Going to Sunday school and Church every Sunday and even with a bible Study & fellowship during one day during the week is not enough.

In Christian forums, believers can ask questions that they would otherwise be afraid to ask in person or that there are no extra time to ask questions in Sunday school classes or during church services so any questions critical in the growth of the believer continues to sit on the backburner.

Of course, one can search the interne for the answers to those questions, but failing that, one can come to a Christian forum, hoping in the Lord that He will raise up someone with the answers.

I would think pastors and Christian leaders during the pandemic would have more time to come in here now. Maybe God will later on when members advertise this forum in their churches.

1 Corinthians 4:1Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Kind of hard to have real fellowship when not seeing other believers face to face, even though some members may believe this can be another form of fellowship. As it is, a fruitful fellowship is when scripture is shared for our growth in the Lord.

So the Lord may cause an iron sharpen iron type ministry in these Christian forums for our growth and He can even recover some from snares of the devil.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Jesus is currently helping me to apply my faith that He is ministering in here, whether it is to me or to others sine it is His actual ministry.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I share your concerns over false teachings and how some do not see correction, but that is why we are not to argue when it is on Him to help them see the truth in His words. Since He does that for us, then we should rely on Him to do that for others.

If one finds a church where they feel lead to go to that's great. But, since my last church was forced to close its doors many years ago I have not found one yet that the Holy Spirit is leading me to.

I'm the type that needs to be challenged into digging the deeper mysteries of the word of God and I get that here. After all, church is not four walls filled with denominations/non-denominations, but those who are Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with the Holy Spirit that make up the body of Christ with He being the head of the body, Ephesians 4:1-6; 5:23; Colossians 1:15-20.

We might have different views in how we understand scripture, but yet we are still learning as none of us could ever exhaust the teachings found in the Bible. I feel I have fellowship with so many that I share with in CF so I am not forsaking the assembly. I believe the Holy Spirit led me here and here I will stay as this body of Christ is my church. After all, church needs to be a place where we learn and share with each other.

Then what is your purpose here if I might ask?

Front row? When did he start settling for not being boss? 😉

just showing that not every Pastor is called to preach and pass on a bandwagon of false teachings as they do not search out the deeper mysteries of the word of God. Satan is the boss in many churches and that is sad.

One advantage that I have experienced by participating here on CFnet is hearing the different doctrines from other members. When I strictly resign myself to my own denominational church, I restrict myself to what that particular denomination or even pastor teaches. Some of our members here are very knowledgeable and educated scholars, theologians, pastors, and so forth. It also helps to reference various Bible translations and to participate in other weekly Bible studies from other denominations.

I have been since 2009.

While some have helped me and I others .this isn't a church .

My dad being dead for a month lies waiting .until now will be buried .money was the problem .my pastor didn't have to but he did .he will officiate at no cost ,members gave .plus a family friend .

Amy off the wall doctrine can and has entered your church doors .just simply become part of the worship,elder team and it will be seen .

Or a ministry . The things the elders say in my church but they don't debate it endlessly like some here .

A couple disadvantages of relying on this forum or any online or distant forum for all fellowship that I have experienced, particularly with live worship closures in 2020, is missing out on in-person fellowship and the sacrament of Holy Communion.

A couple disadvantages of relying on this forum or any online or distant forum for all fellowship that I have experienced, particularly with live worship closures in 2020, is missing out on in-person fellowship and the sacrament of Holy Communion.
Baptism ,marriages ,,funerals,gasp baby baptism, dedication

Baptism ,marriages ,,funerals,gasp baby baptism, dedication
And God driven chances to minister and find your gift in person .
I much rather help my fellow man then have him pay me .though I can and have enjoyed the other side .

My neighbor said that to my wife as I helped him fix his trailer and car at no charge

Back