Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mental health

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Chassidy

In the wilderness
Why isn’t there a section for people like me who struggle with mental health issues such as
-SAD (Social Aniety Disorder)
-GAD (general anxiety disorder.
-ADHD, ODD, OCD, PTSD

Talking about mental health issues could really help some out that I’m sure others woukd love to discuss it as it would not ne open fro debate, only discussion. I hope this will be considered. Thank you.

It's right here in health and nutrition. So let's talk. What's on your mind. I have ADD and suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and have a host of other ills. The depression is the worst in many ways. :/ (hope you don't mind I moved the thread to here to show you where we can discuss such things) ;)

In addition to what Papa said, we also have the Christian Talk & Advice forum. Both that and here are good places.

In answer to your question about why we don't have a dedicated mental health/ptsd section, is simply that
a) there's little demand; and
b) it fits in nicely with existing forums. We're trying not to have too many forums so as to split up the discussions too much.

Hope that helps.

I just wanted to let you know that I agree with what both of my homies said and that you are in my thoughts and prayers Chassidy. :hug These two are both good guys and they give some great advice so you ought to listen to them. :)

It's right here in health and nutrition. So let's talk. What's on your mind. I have ADD and suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and have a host of other ills. The depression is the worst in many ways. :/ (hope you don't mind I moved the thread to here to show you where we can discuss such things) ;)
But you seem to be normal and not like socially awkward like me as to where I say things bluntly and blantantly or so I have been told. Why did god curse us with these brauns then? I thought Jesus heals. So I want to discuss why we are cursed with these diseased brain. I just want to be normal like everyone else. I can’t pray about it either like some have suggest cause my mind goes completely blank and I don’t know what to say. I’m on different meds for the anxiety on cymbalta for that. My psychiatrist tried to put me on Concerta which is an evil drug that can EASILY kill you and I mean easily. A drug that should never be given to anyone omg I had such severe brain FUZZ like 100xs worse than brain zaps. I went to my regular family physician and asked to be taken off without tapering and he said yeah it was fine because I was on step 2 day 2. I’m glad I found and read the reviews about this medication, anyways my hubby says its really messed me up. Like how the heck does one behin to learn how to manage and control these “disorders” apparently I’m just a walking disorder. I hate ne ADHD more than anything cause I talk to much and too fast. I don’t know how to wait my turn, or not ovetspeak and interrupt, people say I’m an introvert which is true cause I get do exhausted and fatigued around people. Its like walking into a room if psychic vampires. I find I have a very hard time concentrating and focusing eith people around unless they whisper, but then whispering makes me super sleepy. I have to take sleeping pills because I have had severe insomnia and the sleep deptivation really shows especially around my eyes. There is no off switch to shutting down my brain. It’s like the energizer bunny it just keeps right on going. I forgot what its like to not sleep and I very much LOVE my zopiclones. They make me feel cery good after 15 minutes of taking them and it is the only I ever feel good, so no way in hell will I ever stop taking them and they can’t just stop giving them to me. I’ve been on them for a few years and after that you can never fall asleep without them.

I hate the crying fits that I become overwhelmed with. Like so mych iverwhelming pain just ivercomes and iovetwhelms me to the point that I Sob like a baby crying holding its breath with face turning red ready to let out a bloodhurling scream lol. And the tears flow for hours like a continuous flowing stream of tears. It’s kinda weird when I start feeling like that and then my cat comes to me and it goes away.

Being around people like in a classroom makes my anxiety shoot through the roof cause I know peopke don’t like me. Even my parents don’t call me.

My experiences with people have always been negative, bad and painful. I often refer to people as prickly cactuses. 0 zero trust. I barely trust my hubby as it is, even that is hanging by a thread. If it weren’t for my cymbalta I would be a hysterical
Mess. It’s so frustrating to be abnormal like I am and you can’t make it stop it make it go away. My memort sucks too. I smoke marijaunna for my fibromyalgia and take flexeril for my muscle cramps and soasms. Apparently my anxiety is severe enough to cause it to happen even if you are just sitting down.

The other things that suck about me is that I’n extremely noise sensitive. I cannot tolerate loud people or enviroments, me and loud people do not get along. Neighbors have learned how much I hate banging cupboards and doors and believe me you do not want to know, they are fairly quiet now cause with me, no one will the noise war except me. The noise sensitivity sucks a lot because when I go to wrie a test, I have to write it in a isolated room with noise cancelling headphones. Otherwise it’s like being in a room with a hubdred tennis balls bouncing off the walls. My thought process keeps restarting unable to retain any information. I truly do wish most days I was dead. I feel like I am a burden and a waste of space. I have no purpose and I have too many problems. Just so many why’s! Why and how could a flawless, holy and perfect god create such unholy, severely flawed and fallible people? Then my mind always goes back to my citcular thinking that I never asked to be here in the first place or born into the dysfunctional family I was born into. Then I’m told I gotta suffer every month cause some dumb brood made a bad choice so now I gotta suffer cause she was an uneducated idiot. If I saw a damn snake talking I would been freaked out and took off running or something. No one is the same, not everyone would have. Questions like that haunt my mind constantly.

In addition to what Papa said, we also have the Christian Talk & Advice forum. Both that and here are good places.

In answer to your question about why we don't have a dedicated mental health/ptsd section, is simply that
a) there's little demand; and
b) it fits in nicely with existing forums. We're trying not to have too many forums so as to split up the discussions too much.

Hope that helps.
Okay thanks.

But you seem to be normal and not like socially awkward like me as to where I say things bluntly and blantantly or so I have been told. Why did god curse us with these brauns then? I thought Jesus heals. So I want to discuss why we are cursed with these diseased brain. I just want to be normal like everyone else. I can’t pray about it either like some have suggest cause my mind goes completely blank and I don’t know what to say. I’m on different meds for the anxiety on cymbalta for that. My psychiatrist tried to put me on Concerta which is an evil drug that can EASILY kill you and I mean easily. A drug that should never be given to anyone omg I had such severe brain FUZZ like 100xs worse than brain zaps. I went to my regular family physician and asked to be taken off without tapering and he said yeah it was fine because I was on step 2 day 2. I’m glad I found and read the reviews about this medication, anyways my hubby says its really messed me up. Like how the heck does one behin to learn how to manage and control these “disorders” apparently I’m just a walking disorder. I hate ne ADHD more than anything cause I talk to much and too fast. I don’t know how to wait my turn, or not ovetspeak and interrupt, people say I’m an introvert which is true cause I get do exhausted and fatigued around people. Its like walking into a room if psychic vampires. I find I have a very hard time concentrating and focusing eith people around unless they whisper, but then whispering makes me super sleepy. I have to take sleeping pills because I have had severe insomnia and the sleep deptivation really shows especially around my eyes. There is no off switch to shutting down my brain. It’s like the energizer bunny it just keeps right on going. I forgot what its like to not sleep and I very much LOVE my zopiclones. They make me feel cery good after 15 minutes of taking them and it is the only I ever feel good, so no way in hell will I ever stop taking them and they can’t just stop giving them to me. I’ve been on them for a few years and after that you can never fall asleep without them.

I hate the crying fits that I become overwhelmed with. Like so mych iverwhelming pain just ivercomes and iovetwhelms me to the point that I Sob like a baby crying holding its breath with face turning red ready to let out a bloodhurling scream lol. And the tears flow for hours like a continuous flowing stream of tears. It’s kinda weird when I start feeling like that and then my cat comes to me and it goes away.

Being around people like in a classroom makes my anxiety shoot through the roof cause I know peopke don’t like me. Even my parents don’t call me.

My experiences with people have always been negative, bad and painful. I often refer to people as prickly cactuses. 0 zero trust. I barely trust my hubby as it is, even that is hanging by a thread. If it weren’t for my cymbalta I would be a hysterical
Mess. It’s so frustrating to be abnormal like I am and you can’t make it stop it make it go away. My memort sucks too. I smoke marijaunna for my fibromyalgia and take flexeril for my muscle cramps and soasms. Apparently my anxiety is severe enough to cause it to happen even if you are just sitting down.

The other things that suck about me is that I’n extremely noise sensitive. I cannot tolerate loud people or enviroments, me and loud people do not get along. Neighbors have learned how much I hate banging cupboards and doors and believe me you do not want to know, they are fairly quiet now cause with me, no one will the noise war except me. The noise sensitivity sucks a lot because when I go to wrie a test, I have to write it in a isolated room with noise cancelling headphones. Otherwise it’s like being in a room with a hubdred tennis balls bouncing off the walls. My thought process keeps restarting unable to retain any information. I truly do wish most days I was dead. I feel like I am a burden and a waste of space. I have no purpose and I have too many problems. Just so many why’s! Why and how could a flawless, holy and perfect god create such unholy, severely flawed and fallible people? Then my mind always goes back to my citcular thinking that I never asked to be here in the first place or born into the dysfunctional family I was born into. Then I’m told I gotta suffer every month cause some dumb brood made a bad choice so now I gotta suffer cause she was an uneducated idiot. If I saw a damn snake talking I would been freaked out and took off running or something. No one is the same, not everyone would have. Questions like that haunt my mind constantly.
I don't have any easy answers. I know I am grateful for my depression. Without it I wouldn't be this close to God. I have a friend who is a quadriplegic and he says it's a blessing because he depends on God everyday and he loves that he can spend so much time reading God's word. This life comes with problems of all levels. The next life (in Christ) comes with none.

I don't have any easy answers. I know I am grateful for my depression. Without it I wouldn't be this close to God. I have a friend who is a quadriplegic and he says it's a blessing because he depends on God everyday and he loves that he can spend so much time reading God's word. This life comes with problems of all levels. The next life (in Christ) comes with none.
Yeah I know.

Welcome?
Did I miss something 28 messages in 2 days.

You are way too normal to be here. Forget all this problem stuff.

Now if I start talking about oxen just join right in.

LOL
Mississippi redneck
eddif

If we were all created "normal" (whatever that is), then God would have nothing to heal us of. We wouldn't need Him to make our lives better.

Where to start?

You came here. Most here share at least several of the things you mentioned.

The first temptation came by: that talking serpent you mentioned. Listening to our senses is the temptation. As much as possible we do not go by human sensory input. No matter what it looks like or tastes like is not the issue but what does God say. We hopefully listen to the right voice.

I do not wish to try and act like I have it all together. I do hope compassion for your situation causes:
Prayers, supplications, be offered for your help.

Redneck
eddif

Hi Chassidy.
You sound so much like my daughter it's incredible. I just want to put arms around you and hug you. :hug
She seems to have all the same problems except she is very loud and talks very loud incessantly.
I am very close to her and because of that I have some idea of what you are going through. Like you she is very honest and tells things exactly as she sees them.
God didn't create human beings with all these problems, we did. He gave us free will and look what we have done with it.
More and more people are suffering with mental illness. It can happen to anyone. But I do believe that love is very important to everyone and can help so much.
I hope you find a path to where you are comfortable and I hope you will stay here with us, and find good friends here.
I will pray for you every day.
Things can get better for you, you need some light and hope. Hope is very important. God Bless You Chassidy and remember God does love you, He can help you.

Autism binds myriad genes involved in normal neuron activity. Researchers have discovered that romidepsin allows those genes that mediate neurotransmission to be be normalized. At least in animals. Human trials have not yet been started.

ugh. mental (ill) health. what to make of it?

in the community, im labeled 'schizophrenic.' at the clinic, its 'severe bipolar i, w/ ocd' or...something along those lines. my psych history before Jesus saved (is saving, I pray will save) me reads a lot like yours: ADD, ADHD, NPD, ODD...malingering, when I went crazy I was laughed at and called a psychopathic weakling (by shrinks...). Point is...

i had this awesome counselor once. he's also a minister. he said that psychiatrists are narcissistic, much more than society as a whole realizes. i mean..they use drugs, labels, shock 'treatments', etc. to control, break, and 'help' people. he also said...something like 70% of any 'improvement' in psychotherapy comes from building a relationship with someone who actually cares. its not about cbt, dbt, milieu, blah blah blah...its about human connection. and now...

i don't know what to make of my own situation, honestly. im labeled as a 'mental patient,' and that on a good day. to be honest, ive kind of...retreated...into my parents' house. typical 'schizophrenic' stuff, i guess...its comfortable here, its safe here, and im not living in bondage, oppression, etc. here. and yet...

i cannot live w/ my parents, indefinitely, right? but where to live? how to work, with these labels piled on?

anyway...there's a very real limit to what mental health, inc. can do for most people. honestly...from what ive experienced....there's a very real limit to how much they -want- to do for most people. that leaves...Jesus, family, important other people, self, and...yeah. the stuff that matters, more than labels, more than 'treatment,' more than any of it.

Your friends are starting to drop by.
Some with a hug and some with a swat. God’s kind of love is that way. Rod and staff.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Health and nutrition.
Proverbs 17:22 kjv
A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones.

I Corinthians 10:3 kjv
And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Spiritual-Food

So how much transition is there from milk to meat?

The food needed in this thread is sure serious nutrition for serious conditions.

Do endorphins help stop over meditation on negative subjects (like alcohol for those who are perishing)?

We move from physical to spiritual. The physical does not cease, but meat is added like after the flood.

What a weird metaphysical post.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

As a youth I suffered with severe anxiety so I know the feeling. You look young (assuming that avatar is you) so I know this sounds like a Mickey Mouse solution, but "this too shall pass". As a matter of fact, ironically I have more anger issues (not severe) than anxiety any longer. In the almost 60 years of my life I find that I don't like "aggravation" of things made more complicated than they need to be. I think looking at it from that way (anxiety is complex) may help you to overcome some of it. That is to say, it's easier (and safer) to not overly fear something excessively and just to let things happen. It's OK to want to plan to avoid certain things, but knowing you did your best there's nothing more to do -- just let it in the Lord's hand. That all said here's 3 things I want to mention:

1) Don't internalize what you have saying you have this and this and this. Instead, look at these as outside issues that can be conquered. The Lord died for our healing, so start calling those conditions lies! If you feel you have them or must have them, ask, who says? By what authority? Certainly not the Lords!
2) I'd listen to Christ_empowered. Talking with him over the years I found he's versed on conquering this stuff and knows nutrition. I think highly of his advice and ability to turn trials around.
3) If that is your complexion , and you live very far North in Canada, get a good Florida vacation. A good vacation with fun in the God-given sun will do you wonders and lift your spirits. Light and vitamin D from the sun helps.

-
You know, one of the things that we come to understand as we get farther into our adult years, is that everyone has issues.
Perfection, is not found in people, its only found in Jesus and God.
This world is imperfect, and so is everyone else.
And i have to say, Chassidy, that when i read about all your issues that you feel are issues, i mostly just accept that you are a sensitive person, with an inquisitive mind, and dont have a lot of time for nonsense.
Chassidy, most people are stuck in "N" , neutral, and you seem to be a person who is set to run.
Thats a good thing.

I think you seem kinda normal, as all anyone can be is kinda normal, as perfection does not exit on this earth, in any form.
What we do, is accept ourselves, and embrace God's unconditional love, and spend as little time as possible doing things that harm us, and doing as much as we can to be good.
And regarding shrinks, .they are not there to solve anything, they are there to listen and have you solve it, and on your way there, they medicate you so that you can't solve anything............ is often the case.
But the worst thing they do, is that get you too focused on yourself, and that is, along with anxiety, the root of most issues with most people.
And one feeds the other, Chassidy.
They spend too much time thinking about themselves to the point they can be obsessive with it, and this is usually all wrapped up in anxiety.

I dont know you personally, but i know human nature, and id say that you need a reason to be here on the planet that makes you feel good.
As do we all.
DO you know what your's is?..............
I can tell you that the only one that will make you satisfied in your soul is the one that gives you bliss, and that is always involved with GOD.
God gives you joy, and joy is much much better then happiness, as happiness is here then gone.
Its fleeting.
But the Joy that God gives, is deeply rooted in satisfaction and contentment that you cant have without Him.

How about a hobby?
Do you play an instrument?
Do you make custom jewelry?
Do you draw, paint, sketch?

You should.,.......... as these are the real meds.

blessings,

<K><

Totally get where you're coming from. Mental health is super important and it's a bummer that there isn't a specific section on this forum for people who struggle with things like SAD, GAD, ADHD, ODD, OCD, and PTSD. It would be awesome if the moderators could create a dedicated section for mental health discussions. In the meantime, have you thought about reaching out to a therapy hotline? They can be super helpful for anyone dealing with mental health stuff and can provide support and advice. I'm new to this forum too, but it's great to see people like you speaking up about important topics like mental health. Let's keep the conversation going.

Totally get where you're coming from. Mental health is super important and it's a bummer that there isn't a specific section on this forum for people who struggle with things like SAD, GAD, ADHD, ODD, OCD, and PTSD. It would be awesome if the moderators could create a dedicated section for mental health discussions. In the meantime, have you thought about reaching out to a therapy hotline? They can be super helpful for anyone dealing with mental health stuff and can provide support and advice. I'm new to this forum too, but it's great to see people like you speaking up about important topics like mental health. Let's keep the conversation going.
Welcome aboard.

Your list of mental problems belong to branches of the medical community.
Thus we really do not own those terms, as such. You can listen to us quote our experiences and look up scriptures some posters quote. If you see an answer you feel applies that is your business. We probably have differing terms. Bible terms are sometimes different. Fear, hatred, desire, sin, born again, change, peace, patience, brotherly love etc. So. If anyone can relate to these and other Bible terms, we can try to help.

Does that sound like avoiding the issues? Maybe. Each of us have an inner list of problems we cry out to God for help. The problems may not fit either list. Our job is to address Secret issues hidden in each person. Spiritual gifts sometimes get to problem issues with words that are private.

1 Corinthians 14:25 kjv
25. And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
Back