Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Multiple Choice Quiz..

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Eventide

1. What must I do to be saved ?

a) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved

b) Nothing

2. Who is it that seals a believer with the Holy Spirit after they hear the gospel and believe ?

a) God

b) Me

The A's have it!

Eventide, at one point I would have been very involved in your series of threads, but I've since conceded that minds are made up on the matter and hundreds of posts don't change them. While I don't get involved in them, I do observe, and I find your understanding of scripture to be in complete agreement with mine. It is interesting that certain words can be misinterpreted and a case built on the doctrine of Predestination that is not biblical. In spite of one constant theme from cover to cover, somehow words are twisted and redefined, leading some to the conclusion that scripture like 1 Timothy 2:4 only speaks to a select view, rather than to all people (as it says). It seems some are bent on not allowing scripture to say what it says. Rather, they make their own inferences. I have to believe that most people in this case have been indoctrinated by this theology, having not come to it through personal study.

It seems to me, if one has to infer to extract a meaning that wasn't implied by the Word so consistently, one is adding to the Word to support one's stance. Personally, I appreciate that you "put yourself out there" to defend the Truth that many people were NOT created for the soul reason to perish, and I'm sure there are others who are not inclined to become entangled in threads that change few hearts. I'm grateful that you feel led to. :yes

The A's have it!

Eventide, at one point I would have been very involved in your series of threads, but I've since conceded that minds are made up on the matter and hundreds of posts don't change them. While I don't get involved in them, I do observe, and I find your understanding of scripture to be in complete agreement with mine. It is interesting that certain words can be misinterpreted and a case built on the doctrine of Predestination that is not biblical. In spite of one constant theme from cover to cover, somehow words are twisted and redefined, leading some to the conclusion that scripture like 1 Timothy 2:4 only speaks to a select view, rather than to all people (as it says). It seems some are bent on not allowing scripture to say what it says. Rather, they make their own inferences. I have to believe that most people in this case have been indoctrinated by this theology, having not come to it through personal study.

It seems to me, if one has to infer to extract a meaning that wasn't implied by the Word so consistently, one is adding to the Word to support one's stance. Personally, I appreciate that you "put yourself out there" to defend the Truth that many people were NOT created for the soul reason to perish, and I'm sure there are others who are not inclined to become entangled in threads that change few hearts. I'm grateful that you feel led to. :yes

Thanks for your support Mike, I truly appreciate it.

I also agree that multitudes (especially a lot of young Christians) are being indoctrinated into this theology and that even the word of God can't seem to undo the damage..

Yes, the A's have it !

Phew the answer is a) this means I dont have to work my way into heaven via doing good deeds or believing lame current theories of how to get there by various way out there methods.. :)

Jusus died and rose again for those who would take up thieir cross and follow him...you still get to work though lol.

I chose A. Isn't it interesting that the first temptation that satan offered to mankind(Eve in particular) was that she would be a god and have all this knowledge, she would not just be plain ole Eve living in a garden and doing ordinary things,she would be EXALTED above the common things. Satan is still singing the same tune,every false teaching out there has one thing in common, when you join up you become head and shoulders above all the ordinary folks,you become god-like. Has anyone ever heard of a false doctrine that teaches that you are less than the average Joe,not going to find that one because satan is the prince of pride.

i cant accept that the God of the bible would create men or a man to simply allow him or her to die without giving them a chance to repent.

the a's have it.

Here's another simple quiz..

God chooses us to salvation through..?

a) sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

b) unconditionally

The Lord said that if any man shall come after Him.. they must..

a) Deny themselves, take up their cross and follow Him..

b) Do Nothing.. just wait for God to unconditionally choose you to salvation..

The Apostle Paul preached..

a) Repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ..

b) Hope that you're one of the unconditionally elected ones..

The Christian has their Adamic nature (old man) and the divine nature of Christ (new man) living within the same lump..

a) True

b) False

Which one is the elect ?

a) The new man

b) The old man

After the fall in the garden, Adam could hear the voice of God and he could understand it..

a) True

b) False

Back