Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Musically Inclined?

Do you play an instrument?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Simple question. Do any of you play an instrument? (Being able to sing well counts too). I've got a brother who's super musical and has both the talent and the drive to play. A few time I wished I had the same spark to learn so I could jam with him.

What about all of ya out there?

When I was single digits of age...
My parents got me and my brother piano lessons.
I could read the music and play the notes...but my hands held no real music. I remember nothing about how to play today.
My brother however... very different story. He excelled. He dropped it over the years as well.
But I remember him playing for our church one Sunday night...he played all the music that the church sang to.

Simple question. Do any of you play an instrument? (Being able to sing well counts too). I've got a brother who's super musical and has both the talent and the drive to play. A few time I wished I had the same spark to learn so I could jam with him.

What about all of ya out there?
I can play the AIR guitar! :rocking

My Dad played the guitar, I remember that old thing, the amps were built in with the guitar case.
He never took lessons, just picked it up, like my son.
He played it in church also, he was in a quartet.

I have played the acoustic guitar some, our friends would get together and mess around , you know 3 chords, lol.
I gave my guitar to my brother, which played some.
Haven't played in a long time, sure would pick up blisters now, lol.
My fingers aren't as tough as they use to be. Not as straight also.
Dang arthritis!

I think I can sing, but don't we all......

I can play the AIR guitar! :rocking

My Dad played the guitar, I remember that old thing, the amps were built in with the guitar case.
He never took lessons, just picked it up, like my son.
He played it in church also, he was in a quartet.

I have played the acoustic guitar some, our friends would get together and mess around , you know 3 chords, lol.
I gave my guitar to my brother, which played some.
Haven't played in a long time, sure would pick up blisters now, lol.
My fingers aren't as tough as they use to be. Not as straight also.
Dang arthritis!

I think I can sing, but don't we all......

No, not true. I know for a fact that I can't sing lol! :lol Good thing talent doesn't matter when I'm singing in church and that I believe I will have a perfect singing voice in Heaven. :)I can rap rather well though. :cool

I haven't played in years but throughout high school, college, and beyond I did play the trumpet. I particularly enjoyed orchestra music and jazz or more accurately, big band sound. I wasn't too bad but I wasn't professional grade either.

In the past 20 years or so I have found enjoyment with vocals. I sing in our church choir, a local men's gospel chorus, do some solo work mostly at our church and in the men's chorus, I've sung with other groups in the area and dabbled a little with barbershop. My range is mostly baritone and lead in men's groups and tenor in SATB arrangements. I don't think I do too bad but I'm certainly not professional by any sense. I do sometimes think it would have been interesting to have explored vocals more in my youth with some professional training. Who knows what that would have led to?

Oh yes. I also dabbled a little with mouth organs or harmonica. I remember in college a group of us would often get together on the campus lawn. One of the guys played a banjo, another played guitar, one percussion, and another a string bass and we'd goof around with creating our own blue grass sounds. It was fun but never led to anything other than to just enjoy doing it.

Oh yes. I also dabbled a little with mouth organs or harmonica. I remember in college a group of us would often get together on the campus lawn. One of the guys played a banjo, another played guitar, one percussion, and another a string bass and we'd goof around with creating our own blue grass sounds. It was fun but never led to anything other than to just enjoy doing it.

I guess you can sort of say that I played the hermonica. Although I never played actual notes. Same with my keyboard, wooden sticks, and tambourine.

Back