Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My dog is dying of cancer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Eascusa

Iam hew to group but have been a christian all my life. What brings me here today us prayer and my dog who is only 6 years old is dying of cancer. He has already beat the odds. But today was bad. He is in pain but I cant tell how much. He is just a good dog. I have nevrr seen a dog like him before. He brought my dad and I closer and when he goes our lives are going to be empty without him. I cant imagine it although its only been 6 years I feel like I have had him forever. I got him when he was only 8 weeks. I cant believehow much this is affecting me. Its making me physically sick. Please pray for my dog for a miracle. Please pray that hes not in pain. Please pray that I will have the strength to put him down if need be. I belueve in prayer but I believe in multiple people praying even more. He has Saint Rocco and Saint Benedict on his collar and I pray to to Saint Rocco and Saint Frances. Thankyou

So sorry to hear about your fur baby. It's hard as we become so attached to them. I have sent my prayer up to Jesus :pray

I dread the day something happens to my dog, I do not know how I shall cope. Praying for you and your dog that you will both have peace in your hearts.

Hi sorry to hear that. I pray that the Lord restores the health unto your dog. I pray that he still has time to live and bring joy to your heart. I pray that you are strong through this extremely difficult time. I pray that if and when it is time he does NOT suffer and goes peacefully. May Jesus be with you, Amen

I just dont understand. Even with prayers not only was my dog suffering greatly he had to be euthanized and the most horrible euthanasua ever! They didnt sedate him. They lied to me about everything that would happen saying he would just fall asleep when I asked them questions on how it would be. Iam so traumatized by the experience thinking of what my dog might have gone through and now living without him. But of course if my prayers dont seem to ever be answered regarding more important issues with humans why would the Lord then help my dog.It seems rediculous. Im sorry for being down. I just cant get what happened out of my mind. I feel guilty for letting him suffer as long as he did. I feel guilty for killing him. I feel guilty for not preparing better knowing he had cancer and making sure the process was done correctly. I was in denial. I just couldnt believe that he could be taken from me and not be in my life anymore. He was a gentle giant and he didnt deserve this. He was only 6 1/2 years old. And never literally did a thing wrong. That most dogs do. He was so smart and well trained. But he pretty much trained himself. He was really mellow yet very sensitive. He was very special to me.

Eascusa I'm sorry you had such a horrendous experience with all of this as my heart goes out for you. :hug

I think it's safe to say all of us have prayed for things and never felt like God even heard us, but God always answers our prayers, but not always in the way we want Him to. It's not that God is silent towards us, but that His ways are not our ways as He knows better for us, including our fur-babies. Bring your sorrow to Him and let the Holy Spirit comfort you as this needs to be a time in your life to draw closer to Him as we can not always understand the why's, but to accept that only God has His reasons that we may never know or understand. I'm a firm believer that animals will be in heaven and that we will see them again and spend eternity with them. Keep in your heart that you will see your dog again as this is truly not the ending.

God bless you and heal your broken heart :)

There are puppies being born every day.

Not that your six year old can be replaced, but maybe let a new puppy on the scene
Maybe some time in the future because I have so juch love to give. But I wouldnt be able to have a puppy or dog anytime soon. Just the thought of it makes me feel awful.

I just dont understand. Even with prayers not only was my dog suffering greatly he had to be euthanized and the most horrible euthanasua ever! They didnt sedate him. They lied to me about everything that would happen saying he would just fall asleep when I asked them questions on how it would be. Iam so traumatized by the experience thinking of what my dog might have gone through and now living without him. But of course if my prayers dont seem to ever be answered regarding more important issues with humans why would the Lord then help my dog.It seems rediculous. Im sorry for being down. I just cant get what happened out of my mind. I feel guilty for letting him suffer as long as he did. I feel guilty for killing him. I feel guilty for not preparing better knowing he had cancer and making sure the process was done correctly. I was in denial. I just couldnt believe that he could be taken from me and not be in my life anymore. He was a gentle giant and he didnt deserve this. He was only 6 1/2 years old. And never literally did a thing wrong. That most dogs do. He was so smart and well trained. But he pretty much trained himself. He was really mellow yet very sensitive. He was very special to me.
Hi
I'm so sorry to hear all you went through.
We love our pets and miss them terribly.
As time goes by you'll feel less pain.
Your dog was very lucky to have such a loving owner. You did your best for him. You did the right thing by putting him to sleep. Be at peace with yourself.

I watched my dog Cheyenne go .the sedate them only to keep the bowels from moving when they die or something like that .

Just because you are sedated doesn't mean you won't be aware.my dad an eliptic remembers every word said and the doctors action but was unconscious the whole time.

That said . Your dog was a gift .however long or short ,,mine was 14,be thankful you had it.it too will pass .I know

Dec 31 st,2016 at 0920 hrs a blue eyed husky passed .I was there .

Back