Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Father, My Son and My Holy Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
Screenshot_20210805-123027.png

An Emoji Devotions for Thursday 5th August, 2021

Topic: My Father, my son, and my Holy Spirit

Highlight:

Daniel answered: Your Majesty, not even the smartest person in all the world can do what you are demanding.

But the God who rules from heaven can explain mysteries. And while you were sleeping, he showed you what will happen in the future.
Daniel 2:27‭-‬29
As they still went on and talked, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire parted the two of them, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

And Elisha saw it and he cried, My father, my father! The chariot of Israel and its horsemen! And he saw him no more. And he took hold of his own clothes and tore them in two pieces.
2 Kings 2:11‭-‬12

Today's Devotional is an explanation of mysteries presented in biblical text as to what only God can do among men through His favorite people. Have you ever called God "My Father, My Son and My Holy Spirit"? perhaps you have by chance encountered God in some special way before.

I believe that some of you reading this devotional would have had that encounter with God before Hallelujah. So for those who don't know about having encounter with God will need to step up their Bible study and prayer game higher.

"God made the four young men smart and wise. They read a lot of books and became well educated. Daniel could also tell the meaning of dreams and visions."
Daniel 1:17

It can't be done, except by the gods, and they don't live here on earth.”
Daniel 2:11 ..... But Daniel did it because He studies to know God through the Bible. Daniel was able to reveal a dream that was not told and interpreted it to the King Nebuchadnezzar (read Daniel 2:31-45) More so, He made King Nebuchadnezzar to bow down low and worship Daniel. Daniel 2:46 He even gave orders that incense be burned and sacrifice of grain be offered in honor of Daniel.

As we delve further in today's devotional we realizes that when Elisha saw* (note that word saw) that Isreal's calvary has taken away his master Elijah into heaven in 2Kings 2:12 the first thing he shouted was "My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and it's horsemen" . This is not only a coincidence but a landmark legacy that Jesus later established the father, the son and Holy Spirit in Matthew 28:19 ... Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,". It is the power of the trinity that turns ordinary people to extraordinary.

If you call God my father, then you should call Jesus My son, and the Holy Spirit my Holy Spirit. James 4:8 says

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."
James 4:8

Jesus said in Mark 16:17 that "Everyone who believes me will be able to do wonderful things. By using my name they will force out demons, and they will speak new languages.

We are talking about those who truly represents Jesus here on earth. Not people who are afraid of demons. Not run away from demon possessed neighbors because they hurt them. You must be sanctified because Holy Spirit does not stay in unholy place.

It is different thing to be saved through faith while it is another thing to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit. But Anyone who is saved must be sanctified and purged for God to make them His favorite. Sanctification is very important.

Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?. 1 Cor 3:16

That is what Apostle Paul summarizes in 2 Timothy 2:20-21

"In a large house some dishes are made of gold or silver, while others are made of wood or clay. Some of these are special, and others are not. This is also how it is with people. The ones who stop doing evil and make themselves pure will become special. Their lives will be holy and pleasing to their Master, and they will be able to do all kinds of good deeds."

When you are Holy, you become special to God and He treats you with special honor. God said in Psalm 91:15 "When you are in trouble, call out to me. I will answer and be there to protect and honor you."

Prayer: My God in heaven, help me through my daily journey with you as I address you as "My Father, My Son and My Holy Spirit" in Jesus name I pray. AMEN.

Back