Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My favorite Baptist preacher

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rockytopva

Dr Joseph Brown was born and raised in Philadelphia. During World War II, he served in the Army with the military police in Europe, attaining the rank of sergeant.

After the war, he returned to Philadelphia and worked for the post office for a decade while studying theology at Manna Bible Institute. He was ordained a Baptist minister in 1957 in Philadelphia and from 1958 to 1968 was pastor of Grace Memorial Baptist Church at Eden and Chase streets in Baltimore. In 1968, Mr. Brown founded Manna Bible Baptist Church in the 3400 block of W. Belvedere Ave.

"He was brought to the church by the conflict he saw during World War II, and he continued preaching until two weeks before his death," said a son, Joseph M. Brown Jr. of Catonsville. "My father's whole life was serving Christ."

Mr. Brown also conducted the Grace Memorial Hour, a daily gospel radio program that he founded more than 40 years ago. I used to support his ministry and have posted a video below in which I purchased on cassette.

"He had such a passion for evangelism and the love of God and the human family," said the Rev. Keith G. Greer, a former associate at Manna Bible and now pastor of Clearview Baptist Church in Randallstown. "His sermons preached on Sunday for 300 to 400 people were recorded and through the week they were broadcast around the world, where they reached tens of thousands."

Dr Joseph Brown was born and raised in Philadelphia. During World War II, he served in the Army with the military police in Europe, attaining the rank of sergeant.

After the war, he returned to Philadelphia and worked for the post office for a decade while studying theology at Manna Bible Institute. He was ordained a Baptist minister in 1957 in Philadelphia and from 1958 to 1968 was pastor of Grace Memorial Baptist Church at Eden and Chase streets in Baltimore. In 1968, Mr. Brown founded Manna Bible Baptist Church in the 3400 block of W. Belvedere Ave.

"He was brought to the church by the conflict he saw during World War II, and he continued preaching until two weeks before his death," said a son, Joseph M. Brown Jr. of Catonsville. "My father's whole life was serving Christ."

Mr. Brown also conducted the Grace Memorial Hour, a daily gospel radio program that he founded more than 40 years ago. I used to support his ministry and have posted a video below in which I purchased on cassette.

"He had such a passion for evangelism and the love of God and the human family," said the Rev. Keith G. Greer, a former associate at Manna Bible and now pastor of Clearview Baptist Church in Randallstown. "His sermons preached on Sunday for 300 to 400 people were recorded and through the week they were broadcast around the world, where they reached tens of thousands."

Praise God for this man that made such an influence on your life. And, it's always God and not the man, even though the man is involved.

I remember reading a biograophy on D.L. Moody concerning his Christian experience. Moody recalled that he was sitting on a park bench with another man. And the man told him that the world has yet to see what a man fully devoted to the Lord can do. And Moody decided he wanted to be that man.

But, years later, that man was located. He remembered Moody that day, but couldn't remember the conversation they had. Isn't that something? We don't know how the words that we use may affect someone in a powerful way for the Lord. Because it is the work of the Lord.

I would like to add, as far as a favorite Baptist preacher, because I do have others, mine would be Ron Dunn.

Quantrill

“The saving grace of God will not tolerate any human merit." - Dr Joseph Brown

Here is a man who understands.

Back