Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study My favorite Bible verse...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My favorite Bible verse is 1 Chronicles 14:7: "Elishama, Beeliada and Eliphelet."
Can you elaborate more on why this is you favorite?

My favorite verse is:

Deu 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

This helped me to come back to the Lord when I was going through so much self doubt many years ago.

Ezekiel 17:24 - He caps off a great and revealing riddle. If His Word isn't reliable/trustworthy then we needn't bother studying it.
Eze 17:24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it.

Ezekiel 17:24 - He caps off a great and revealing riddle. If His Word isn't reliable/trustworthy then we needn't bother studying it.
That's OK, Ezekiel is not my favorite book to study anyways.

"I will judge you as women who commit adultery and shed blood are judged... They shall strip you of your clothes and take your beautiful jewels and leave you naked and bare. They shall bring up a crowd against you, and they shall stone you and cut you to pieces with their swords." (Ezekiel 16:38, 39b-40)

But hey, some of the book is pretty cool. Such as, "You shall eat it as a barley cake, baking it in their sight on human dung" (Ezek. 4:12).

That's fine, I already posed a favorite verse and why, Ezekiel 17:24.

Maybe you could start a new thread "Is God sexist?..." or just re-title this one so people aren't mis-taken about this one.

Yes, it is now. Thanks for_his_glory, I knew you thought that.

I was offered some valid criticism of my choice of author that I think would better fit another topic. The OP one upped me (so to speak) by actually starting such a thread (you should consider checking it out).

Yes, it is now. Thanks for_his_glory, I knew you thought that.

I was offered some valid criticism of my choice of author that I think would better fit another topic. The OP one upped me (so to speak) by actually starting such a thread (you should consider checking it out).
Well, your idea is good.

My favorite Bible verse is 1 Chronicles 14:7: "Elishama, Beeliada and Eliphelet."
T. E. Smith did you know what these three names mean ?

In the order of the verse here they are .
God has heard , the Lord knows and God of deliverance .

If you did not know this already it is possible God is sending you a message when you shared this verse with us .

Back