Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Introduction

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Regan

Beloved Family In Christ,
My name is Regan Channel. I have recently become laid off and due to my lay off have been doing a considerable amount of thinking and praying about the opportunity to put my time to use serving God. My fiance and I are wanting to be able to reach out to younger people and those who have been struggling with addictions and other life problems.
Though I never graduated college due to some health problems years ago I did make it over half way through my Associates Degree in human services/counseling a few years ago. I have had several classes in drug and alcohol counseling as well as my own testimony that I feel would be of help to others in getting them off the streets and helping them turn their lives over to God before they get into the trouble that I found myself in.
I was born and raised in a family of strong Christian believers but fell completely apart at the age of 18 and traded my Christian walk in for a life of crime and chaos. Now at 44 years old I feel like I have a very loving and positive testimony of God's love to share with others. In January of this year I turned my life back over to Christ and was born again. I was tired of living the life of a two time felon and junkie and God rescued me from this with His true love.
Since then God has worked miracles in my fiance's and my life and we would love to be able to share this with others. My fiance has been at my side throughout the past two years not to mention she already had a testimony to share when we got together. We both desire to work together hand in hand to help others who are struggling.
I was recently laid off from my job as a plumber and have decided that now is the time to give back. I have been getting into writing my book more. I have been encouraged by several who have read my writing to continue writing and I hope that you folks will soon get a chance to read some of it as well.
Kellee and I both want to reach out and share this good news with other addicts and perhaps put some Bible studies together to help others and possibly share our testimony at churches across the nation.
However, I am new to setting all of this up and do not know where to even begin. So with that being said any suggestions would be appreciated as well as prayers.

Hi Regan and welcome to CF :wave2

Great testimony and God bless you for sharing this with us. It's an admiral quest you and your Fiancé want to undertake and since you have been through this yourself you will certainly reach out and help others.

Have you ever thought of opening a halfway house with counseling services as you might be able to get funding for this and this would help get many off the streets and get the help they need with their addictions. But you would have to set rules that they would have to follow. Sometimes all one needs is a fixed address in order to get a job and many do not have an address. Just something to think about, but pray and ask God to lead you in whatever you decide to do.

God bless :)

Back