Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Name is Luke or "Light Giving"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello to all blessed and knowledgable of our lord and savior Jesus Christ,

I have been baptized when I was a baby and was part of the united church of christ. I recently gained my faith back in Jesus around 7 months ago. I have found my true self and where I want to be in my life but I still believe I am missing something and that is my desired connection to God and Jesus. I want to and will achieve spiritual rebirth in this life and it is the most important aspect of my life. I want to live up to the name I was given. My family has pulled away from faith in these years, I am 22 years old and I want to get rebaptized and I don't know where to really go to do this. I have been seeking the truth in God and the nature of the universe and I have found a lot of answers but they are still only half-truths. I have done some research into spiritual rebirth and it requires the biggest sacrifice of all and that is giving up everything I have worked for in my life. I still need to pay bills and work and I am slowly finding different paths to take but they feel as if they won't guide me to spiritual rebirth. I wanted to ask and see if anyone has any ideas or teachings that I should look into. I have a lot of faith that I will achieve my goal of rebirth but I still feel lost. I want to be the light in this world and I don't care what people think of me because my faith is more important than all of that. I have been reading a lot in the bible and learning so much but I want to really dive deeper into my faith and find myself within Jesus.

Thanks and Blessings to all,

Hi LightGiving and welcome to CF :wave2

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We do not work for salvation that comes from God alone by His grace, nor do we try to achieve being Spiritually born again. It's all about submitting ourselves to Him as we walk in obedience to His commands. You don't have to give up your job or the things you enjoy, just give God first place in all you do that you remain pleasing to Him.

If you read John 3:16 and Romans 10:9-10 this is all you have to do to do to be Spiritually born again as it's by faith that we believe in Jesus. It would help if you read the book of John first as this will help you learn what our relationship with Christ is all about and then read the book of Acts as this will help teach you about the Holy Spirit. Please feel free to us the Question & Answer forum if you have questions, or you can always send me a PM.

God bless you and keep seeking after truth :)

Hello to all blessed and knowledgable of our lord and savior Jesus Christ,

I have been baptized when I was a baby and was part of the united church of christ. I recently gained my faith back in Jesus around 7 months ago. I have found my true self and where I want to be in my life but I still believe I am missing something and that is my desired connection to God and Jesus. I want to and will achieve spiritual rebirth in this life and it is the most important aspect of my life. I want to live up to the name I was given. My family has pulled away from faith in these years, I am 22 years old and I want to get rebaptized and I don't know where to really go to do this. I have been seeking the truth in God and the nature of the universe and I have found a lot of answers but they are still only half-truths. I have done some research into spiritual rebirth and it requires the biggest sacrifice of all and that is giving up everything I have worked for in my life. I still need to pay bills and work and I am slowly finding different paths to take but they feel as if they won't guide me to spiritual rebirth. I wanted to ask and see if anyone has any ideas or teachings that I should look into. I have a lot of faith that I will achieve my goal of rebirth but I still feel lost. I want to be the light in this world and I don't care what people think of me because my faith is more important than all of that. I have been reading a lot in the bible and learning so much but I want to really dive deeper into my faith and find myself within Jesus.

Thanks and Blessings to all,
Hi Luke
There are a few questions in your introductory greeting.
One has to do with being baptized twice.
The other is your quest for God.

We have a Questions and Answers sub-forum where you could ask these questions and I'm sure
some of us will be happy to answer them.

Welcome!
:)

Back