Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My New Church.One word ...AWESOME

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Paul1965

Just thought I'd tell everyone about my truly Blessed Sunday today.

I've been looking for a church ever since we moved to our village. On Thursday just gone, I woke up with a nagging feeling ( sorry to say nagging Lord, but you all know what I mean) that this was more important than going to work. I know it wasn't a feeling, it was God guiding me to where He wanted me. So I went to work signed in and out and went to the nearest 'Big town" (Population about 3000) where there was supposed to be a Christian church. No luck. I didn't give up and went to the police station and asked, but no-one knew of a church in the district.
Luckily one of the officers phoned a friend and found out there was one about 10km away. after thanking him profusely, I went to find the elusive church. After many wrong turns through rice paddys, cow paddocks etc. I finally found it, but it was deserted. The sign out front had no phone number or service times, So I decided I'd return today.
This morning I went to my new (for me) /only church(Ban Don Chomphoo Church). Found out it's non-denominational protestant which is fine by me. Small congregation today of about 15 people. But apparently it was an off day as It's a long weekend here, so many people travel to visit relatives in other villages and provinces.
A lot of Hymns to start with (in Thai). Sermon was in Thai (Isaan dialect which is hard) but I got most of what she (Pastor is a lady..does that make her a pastoress?:idea) Sermon was about the Prodigal son. Very poignant for most Thais because these days with western influence, a lot of the kids are forgetting their traditional values. :angryDon't get me started on that one.
A few of us were asked up to offer thanks to our Lord for His Grace. There were a few oohs and ahhs when they realized the "farang" could speak Thai. (the majority of westerners refuse to even try to learn the language even though they are living here!)
It's an awesome testament to His all encompassing Glory that everyone there was so full of love and praise for Him. Especially the older members because, Isaan Thai people are notoriously stubborn in their beliefs and are usually closed minded to anything NOT Thai or Not Buddhist.
After the sermon more Hymns then lunch before heading home.
a really great bunch of people , they made me feel very welcome on my first day there and kept trying to stuff me full of food after the service.
I've been "ordered" to come back every week and will definitely obey those orders.
They'll be having their Christmas celebration on the 23rd. Morning service as usual then an evening service / feast. Christmas isn't a public holiday here so most people have to work. Me included...:verysad. Will have to talk to the school director about that one!!
All in all it was an awesome day for me because I was able to Fellowship in the flesh and see His work in progress in this very remote rural (mostly Buddhist) community.
The GREATEST NEWS is that Thayanee has agreed to come with me next week!
When I got home and told her the service was in Thai as well as the Hymn books and everything else, she lost her fear of not fitting in. (this is a big issue with people in Isaan) So I'm praying she'll see His light for herself and open her heart to Him fully at last. Will definitely keep you posted on that one.:nod
Blessings to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,

Your post was like a refreshing wind in my face. It's very nice to witness God pouring out his grace. You have been experiencing a lot.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

New King James Version (NKJV)

<sup class="versenum">16 </sup>Rejoice always, <sup class="versenum">17 </sup>pray without ceasing, <sup class="versenum">18 </sup>in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

- Davies

Praise the Lord as He has guided you to where you need to be and that those of your family will also be brought before His glory. I am very excited for you and what plans God has for you in this little Church with a Big God.

Paul I'm so happy for you and will be praying she go and see the light of Jesus in them and fall in love with Jesus! Many times in a place where there are not many Christians it is a small group, but that ok, Jesus is still there even with 2 or 3. How long has it been since you have been able to meet with other Christians?

Davies, For_His_Glory and Blev, first off all thanks for your great feedback and also I'm sorry for the very slow reply. (been a very busy week at school and home)
Davies, yes there's been more and more going on in my life in the last few months than there has been for a long time. All of it positive and all of it from Him. Since restrengthening my faith, or more to the point establishing true faith in Him, He has continually blessed me with things I thought were out of reach to a worthless sinner like me.
Blev it's been about 2 years without real, in the flesh fellowship, so sorely missed. Part of that was my own fault for not actively seeking out a Church that would accept me as I am. Some churches, including those that were run by "farang" pastors were very stand-offish due to my tattoos. To my own detriment I simply didn't return to show them that deep down i am just the same as them, preferring to go it alone. In hindsight, I think God let that happen so that I would find this church.
For_His_Glory, yes I'm also waiting to see what He has brought these people into my life for. Nothing happens randomly in His plans, so whatever it is I know it will be BIG. Maybe not Big to the whole world scheme of things, maybe just big for Thayanee and myself and His plans for us and our child. But whatever His will, it will be done.

Unfortunately I didn't get back to the Church today as planned (stick through foot. emergency room, stitches, throbbing), however it will take wild horses to keep me away next week.
I found that I was fretting quite a lot about not being able to attend, for a few reasons. First was that I really wanted to take Thayanee to meet the people and get to know the inside of a Christian church and how Christians worship differently from Buddhists. I also gave my word last week that I would attend, I don't give my word unless I truly intend keeping it. Most of all even at this early stage, Imissed the people and being able to fellowship and worship with them.
I too pray that Thayanee is going to open her heart when she sees other Thais from her immediate area that have given their hearts to Jesus.
When we lived in Khorat (big city 60km away) She sort of had the notion that being a Christian was only for "Farangs" and rich Thais. Nothing I said could sway her from that misconception. It was indelibly etched in her mind by her upbringing. However, since starting reading His word (NT) and learning of poor Thais who have converted, she is more accepting of Christ.
I'll let you know how it goes next week.
Blessings to you and your families
paul

Back