Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] my original testimony, circa 2008

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
Since people been asking me about my testimony..... here is what I wrote 12 years ago, almost to the day, about the night that I discovered God

I am Cookie and Treader's human. I am 14 years old, my name is Tiffany, and I've been a born-again Christian since I was 5. God laid it on my heart to share with you an experience that I went through the other day. Well, first let's start with what happened before that. I guess that I was out of God's will. I was having doubts about the Bible, about my faith, worrying that I was on the wrong path. I had a lot of "what if" questions. What if God really isn't real, what if I'm wrong... what if, what if, what if. I don't know what caused those doubts, though I'm sure that every Christian gets them at some point. I think that they first started several years ago, and just built up as I got older. By early 2008, I was doubting more than ever. But then, someone told me about a website called dogrelam.net. Sounds strange I know. I mean, who would think that a website about dogs would have a part on relieving my doubts? Just shows you how God works. Anyway, I joined this website. There was a forum on there where you can talk about anything off-topic and debate it. I found two threads on that forum about Evolution. I got into a debate about Evolution vs Creation with several of the members. I also found one on another subject. I got into a debate on that as well. I guess that there is just something about a debate that really makes you stick closer to your believes. Anyway, that night when I went to read my Bible, while I was reading I got this feeling from the Holy Spirit. It wasn't exactly overwhelming, but it was enough to make me cry partly out of joy and partly out of my burden for the people who I was talking to in the debate. The feeling didn't use words, but it spoke to me. It "said" something like, "Yes, there are many doubts in this life. But have no fear, you are on the right path." Instantly my doubts vanished. I was full of joy again. I could sing a hymn and really mean what I was singing. I sang several hymns. Ever since that, I have actually felt like a real Christian for the first time in a long time. I got my want to spread the gospel back, I got a lot of things back that I had been missing for a long time. I didn't get "saved again". I had simply been out of God's will for quite a while and had asked His forgiveness for that and gotten back into His will. The next day, I continued the debate, but it was starting to drain me emotionally. I had such a burden for those people that I was debating with. I wanted them to know Jesus, to know the joy that I had recently gotten back. I posted in a Christian group that I am in, asking for prayers. For both me and the people in the debate. A friend of mine sent me some advice. She said that I had done all that I could in the debate. That now I should back out, pray for those people, and let God handle the rest. I took that advice. I backed out of the debate politely, mention that I would pray for those that I was talking to, and that if they ever wanted to talk to me they could send me a message.
And, friend, I want you to know the joy that I know too. Whether you are a born-again Christian out of God's will like I was, or whether you have never been saved, but want to know that joy, I'll tell you how to get it. If you are out of God's will, then just do what I did. Ask for forgiveness and God will grant it. If you aren't saved, then all you have to do is believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins, ask for forgiveness for all of the sins that you have ever committed, and ask Him to come into your heart. It will only cost a moment of your time. Understand, just because you are saved doesn't mean that you won't do wrong things anymore. I still do wrong things. But when you accept Jesus as your Savior, all of your sins are forgiven. Past, present, and future. But, even when you are saved and you commit a sin, you should still ask God's forgiveness. No, you won't go to Hell for that sin if you are saved, but you will have all your works as a Christian tried when you go to Heaven and Jesus will see how much you did for Him.
I hope that my message benefits somebody. Even if it is just one person, this whole post will more more than worth it. Please, don't reject God or His forgiveness.

Back