Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Struggle and Fear

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
F

Fnerb

I humbly ask for all of your prayers right now...

I have a follow up appointment scheduled with the Neurologist this coming Wednesday. I was originally diagnosed with a benign tremor. However, things have gotten worse thus I am heading back. I'm a bit scared ... wait that isn't the truth, I've basically passed close to terrified at moments. I'm trying to keep it in God's hands and keep my focus on the cross, but with my marriage date set for October it's difficult. I often times feel as though much of Psalm 6 is pretty much me in a nutshell lately.

If He brings me to it, He'll bring me through it.

Trust that you will be in my prayers - you have been a good friend via the forum.

Father in heaven...''How great thou art'' I come before you with a heart of thanksgiving...Lord, Its really cool the way you know our names and even know the numbers of hair we have....Its cool that the one and only God cares for each of us deeply and its with that, that I bring our dear brother fnerb before you...God I pray that even now as these prayers go up on his behalf, that you will settle your peace with in his soul and that you will remind him to be still and know that ''you'' are GOD....That you did NOT give him a spirit of fear, BUT of power, love and a ''sound mind''....I pray also for his health remind him that because he is yours, that you will sovereignly take care of him and his marriage....We love you very much and we pray in Jesus name...Amen

javier

Scott, Javier, Lovely - thank you.

The good news: After talking with my neurologist he still says that my condition in benign and it basically comes down to "wrapping my head around that."

The bad news: You ever walk out of the doc's office and instantly remember something else you wanted to talk to him about? Or, ever been given a little information about some sort of sickness and it only makes things that much worse in your head? Yeah, that is where I am at now.

I'm really struggling to let go but I don't know why I am having such a hard time with it. Every breath I take on this earth is a gift from God. If He hadn't ordained it, I wouldn't be typing this message right now. Every moment I have with my fiance' is a true gift from Him. Every moment I have on this earth is a testiment that He still has work for me on this earth.

I'm trying to remain positive...

"I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away. "

I feel like it's difficult to hear that whisper lately. To feel the mercy and to raise my hands in praise...

prayers....

Happy to hear that you're okay!! Beautiful poem you wrote!! God Bless you!!

Rosalee Decker

Mike I was praying for you last night and will continue as the Lord brings you to mind...God bless you my brother..
javier

It's done

Consider a breakthrough - I've prayed for you

Nothing is too hard for the Lord

Re: It's done

katsa said:
Consider a breakthrough - I've prayed for you

Nothing is too hard for the Lord

Katsa
I am proud of you...Way to go...Nothing pleases the Lord more than praying for others especially with similar circumstances...
God bless both you and Mike and all here...

Update...

I had to undergo a couple more tests. One of them came back and everything was clear. This other one ... well ... it will be far more telling. I will probably not hear back until Monday.

I thank you all for your prayers. This whole ordeal has not done will for my faith lately as it seems to be eluding me... :oops: :crying:

Fnerb said:
Update...

I had to undergo a couple more tests. One of them came back and everything was clear. This other one ... well ... it will be far more telling. I will probably not hear back until Monday.

I thank you all for your prayers. This whole ordeal has not done will for my faith lately as it seems to be eluding me... :oops: :crying:

That's why God commands us to pray for one another Mike. There are just times when we face things that are too much for us to face alone. Elijah went through this, so did Peter. Think about this, God didn't create us for sickness, fear and death. That all is the result of sin. Jesus saves us from the ultimate consequenses of sin, but we still struggle through them on this earth. And, it's hard, it's not hard-wired into us to deal with all this. So, there are some things we go through that we just struggle with. There is no embarrassment in struggling with faith during such a trying time.

But, just as iron sharpens iron, so one man may sharpen another. We are here for you, just as surely as God is. We will pray for you as you struggle with your faith just as we are praying for your health. And, of course, not only us, but you can be sure that the Holy Spirit is interceeding on your behalf as well.

Don't let the enemy convince you that God will be angry over your struggle in faith at this time. He wasn't angry with Elijah, but instead provided comfort and sustanance. He wasn't angry with Peter, as a matter of fact, when Peter next saw Christ after denying Him three times, Christ put the church into his care.

So, we will continue to pray for you because you are our brother and we do care for you. I know that you are my brother, for you prayed for me and Dad, and I so appreciated that. You will be in my prayers daily. Please keep us posted.

As you know you are covered in prayer and it is ok to fear as long as you continue to trust in God and I see that you are doing that.
Here is a poem I wrote a few months back and as I was reading about you this came to mind.
Remember I or others may be the ones used to write the words but God is the one who supplies the words for us to speak or send to ones who need to read or hear them.

Victory

When the trials of life seem so strong
And everything seems so wrong
When your mind screams out
And it seems your faith is out
And all you want to know
Is which way you should go
And because of the fear
It seems your last tear
Your last tear has fell
You feel like a dried well
You feel there is no light
And nothing will go right
Or so it seems to your heart
As everything falls apart
Yes it may seem this way
But I wish to say
What many have said
Jesus is not dead
He is alive and living
In your heart he is giving
You the power to get up
And take a drink from His cup
Let Him fill you to overflow
And then get up and go
Go on and live and learn
Knowing who to turn
Turn to for peace and love
As He pours it from above
Look around and see
God has placed you around
Victory

I thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

I have just received word that the MRI was normal. I do have a brain! (Now I have proof for my fiance' :lol: )

Praise the Lord!

I would also humbly ask for your continued prayers in my doubt and fear. My prayer for all of you as well as myself as that through all the debate and theologoy and apologietcs that we only grow closer to him.

Fnerb said:
I thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

I have just received word that the MRI was normal. I do have a brain! (Now I have proof for my fiance' :lol: )

Praise the Lord!

I would also humbly ask for your continued prayers in my doubt and fear. My prayer for all of you as well as myself as that through all the debate and theologoy and apologietcs that we only grow closer to him.

Let's try this again - seems like the last time I tried to "quote" I hit the "edit" button by mistake (Arg, rookie MOD mistakes!)

That's great to hear that you have a brai...err... that everything is normal :tongue

Praise God.... ahh... doubt and fear - two of the most powerful tools that Satan can try to use. he can't change the Truth, but he can try to get you to doubt and fear it.

Consider yourself prayed for and with.

Back