Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nathan's question

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The statement was made by you "when the temple ended" in answer to a question... Where is you scriptural support for your answer?
This is nothing more then then you request of other posters...

The sacrifices ended when the Temple was destroyed.

There is no "date" given in the Bible as when the Temple was destroyed.

If we go by What historians say it was 70 AD.

Jesus was 30 when He began His ministry, which puts His time of death around the age of 33..

Historians tell us He was crucified sometime around 33 AD.

That amounts to some 37 years give or take, after Jesus was crucified that the Temple was destroyed and sacrifices stopped in the Temple.

Hope this helps with whatever it is you are looking for.

Again, if you looking for a date in the scriptures, there are none.

JLB

Well this is interesting. lol. I wouldn't have personally titled the thread that, but I understand if my question had to be moved.

Thanks for the background JLB. I do know quite a bit about (full)preterism, which is why I was asking if that was what he was referring to. It sounded a lot like it, but I was trying to make sure it was not something else he was referring to.

I personally have a hard time when people try to veil their responses or put things into parables. I would think that brothers and sisters in Christ would speak honestly and directly toward each other, and especially to those who are not apart of the Body.

I hold no condemnation toward anyone for what they believe. Personally, I do not see full preterism as an even remotely possible correct view. There are way too many passages to contradict it. Partial preterism I can see as having an honest view in the Bible. In fact, I may be more preterist than I am anything else if you were to try to nail me down to a end/current times belief. Truth be told though, I honestly hate(yes that strong) being lumped into a "belief" though. I understand why its that way, I do it also, but only to get a general idea of a persons thoughts so I can ask better questions/share thoughts better.

Its never to put someone into a box and leave them there. Doesn't seem very loving to me. I have found myself on the receiving end of that before and it does not feel good at all. We are all individuals and have different thoughts about things. None of us are perfect in our thinking(reason why I cannot see how we are now experiencing eternity).

I ask questions. Its what I do. Only to try and better understand. I do on occasion assume, but it never turns out well for me. lol
Could you please provide those "too many passages that contradict it [full preterism]"?

Back